rushmc

IMO If Obama is allowed to continue this is where the US is headed

The Law of Logical Argument

Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Well, at least you're admitting it now. That's the first step.

Nice PA
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

What do you think Bush would have done if he were still in power?

DITTO !!!

who cares. why can't all of our time and money be used for things now not what might have been? It is time to stop blaming bush and start putting Obama on the hot seat and holding him accountable for the proplems.

Nice PA

Oh please :S

One greenie defending another huh?

:D

You should see what happens when we combine our wonder twin powers secret decoder ring.

NO

Please dont!!!:D
Abraham Lincoln

You should see what happens when we combine our wonder twin powers secret decoder ring.

Did those come inside boxes of cereal or did you have to save up box tops and send them in, along with shipping and handling fees?

:o:DB|
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Nice PA

One greenie defending another huh?

all the greenies are out to get you! :S

:D:D

Only when they dont agree with you!!!:D
Abraham Lincoln

Nice PA

I think a review of the rules is necessary.

1. No personal attacks.
2. No jokes about pedophilia.
3. No advertising in the forums.

Personal attacks

It is important to realize that a personal attack is any attack (slurs, insults, denigrations, implications about their mothers, etc) or threat against another poster. Any such attack is not permitted here. This is true even if you are absolutely, 100% sure that the poster is stupid, or ignorant, or childish, or an ass. It doesn't matter if you think it is true or not, or even if you can prove they are an ass. You can't post such messages here. If you feel it is important to post such things, unmoderated forums like rec.skydiving do not have any such restrictions.

Clever insults that attempt to get around the above (i.e. "I like rabbits" "anyone who likes rabbits and posts here is an idiot") will result in the same sort of bans/locks/thread deletions that a personal attack will.

Quade's remark is clearly a PA as it has notrhing to do with the subject of the thread. Now if quade were to outline clearly how exactly rushmc doesn't know what he is talking about in the context of the thread topic then perhaps it could be argued that it isn't in fact a PA.

:P
www.FourWheelerHB.com

when I first read it, I thought Quade had rewritten his posting with this, and that seemed inappropriate. (rewriting someone's quote without clearly indicating is a peeve of mine).

But now I see it's his signature - he really has only himself to blame if he actually views it as an attack.

The story that came up was what the governator is going to have to do since the voters shot down the creative financing attempted.

WTF does this have to do with Obama?

Are you saying that we're fucked if we borrow money to fix up the economy, but borrowing money to fund a pre-meditiated war of aggression was REALLY STUPID?

Are you saying that cutting taxes while engaging in a pre-meditated war of aggression was REALLY STUPID?

Are you saying that cutting taxes in a time of record budget deficits IS REALLY STUPID?

Did I guess right as to the point you were tring to make? Do you disagree with any of what I wrote? Why?

The story that came up was what the governator is going to have to do since the voters shot down the creative financing attempted.

WTF does this have to do with Obama?

Are you saying that we're fucked if we borrow money to fix up the economy, but borrowing money to fund a pre-meditiated war of aggression was REALLY STUPID?

Are you saying that cutting taxes while engaging in a pre-meditated war of aggression was REALLY STUPID?

Are you saying that cutting taxes in a time of record budget deficits IS REALLY STUPID?

Did I guess right as to the point you were tring to make? Do you disagree with any of what I wrote? Why?

Do you lefty Obama supporters even know how to ask a question with no agenda or pre-determined premises?

Funny though

Abraham Lincoln

What point were you trying to make?

There must have been something.

Conservatism is all about maintaining the status quo and limiting rights. No change is a good thing. If conservative philosophy was implemented as was attempted, blacks would still be slaves, women would not be able to vote or own property, and discrimination on the basis of skin color and race would still be codified in law.

All of these social changes were bitterly opposed by the conservatives of the time. Can you make a case that the USA would be better off if Conservative philosophy had more successful in the past?

Didn't think so...

It has been bad for the country when conservatives have been in power. Every single time the country has ended up worse off.

In some ways, I have a progressive political philosophy. Freedom of religion includes freedom FROM religion. Laws should generally expand freedom for responsible citizens, not limit freedom. In some ways I have extremely conservative views. Taxes should be high enough to pay for the services as we go. More taxes should be paid by those that can pay more. Income taxes should be abolished and consumption (sales) tax should apply to all purchases. Everything. Goods, services, food. Everything. You get back the first 10000.00 you paid out at the end of the year. Beyond that, no refunds or writeoffs. Those that buy more, and more expensive stuff will pay more. Fair and square. Poor folks will have fun with their refund checks. A handy involuntary savings arrangement for them.
All citizens should be taught how to use and care for firearms in public school. Every law abiding adult over 18 should be required to maintain at least one firearm in their home. Kind of odd from a "liberal", as it were.

What point were you trying to make?

There must have been something.

Maybe you should look at your post first!
Abraham Lincoln