Andy_Copland

More Police Brutality

That jackass needs to never wear a uniform again, and also needs a felony conviction for assault and battery. And let's throw in a charge of felony stupidity for doing it in front of a live camera.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Probably. I prefer however, to have the judges mete out the punishment rather than the cops.

Maybe this is in a county where they will soon cutback on prosecutions due to the budget crisis? :D

Kick him in the head so he is easier to catch next time.

I like it, criminal catch and release, they should have put a cattle tag in his ear. :D;)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

He should be in deep shit but no need to crucify him.

Yes there is every need. He is a thug and needs to be sacked. He lost control and kicked that guy in the head for fucks sake - that's not the kind of person I want taking my tax money.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I suppose I just don't see it that way, looks like street justice to me. I'm not a cop, nor am I a huge fan of most Po Po. I believe people like the individual driving that car understand and respect one thing, brute force.

I suppose I just don't see it that way, looks like street justice to me. I'm not a cop, nor am I a huge fan of most Po Po. I believe people like the individual driving that car understand and respect one thing, brute force.

Bollocks. We do not pay coppers to administer justice, we pay the courts. Cops should stick to enforcing the law that's their job [full stop]

(.)Y(.)

I think the Highfive after the beating says a lot more about the cops character then any thing.

Now because of these ass holes not only do we have more people who have yet another reason to think we have shitty cops (which we do have a lot of), but this asshole will get off and become a millionaire because of this.

Great:|

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

...and I like it when street punks/violent criminals get their asses kicked or are shot dead by cops/civilians.

How do you know that they are violent criminals? Isn't that generally something that needs to be established by a court?

Honestly, I give a lot more leeway to a civilian than to a police officer. A police officer has (a) a duty to behave professionally and (b) training in how to deal with violent confrontations (and other situations).

If that was a civilian (say, the guy had stolen a wallet and the wallet owner had chased him down), I wouldn't be too stressed about it.

But this was a sworn, professional peace officer. He needs to be held to a higher standard.

People like him (and there are lots of people in the employ of the government who abuse their power) are a major reason to distrust the government.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Yes there is every need. He is a thug and needs to be sacked. He lost control and kicked that guy in the head for fucks sake - that's not the kind of person I want taking my tax money.

Literally? Alright, specifically what should be the punishment for this?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Literally? Alright, specifically what should be the punishment for this?

As I already said, he should be sacked (loose his job). There are no excuses for actions like that. Zero tolerance works both ways.

(.)Y(.)

Another case of not waiting until all the info comes out:(

I will the the cops the benifit of the doubt every time

Attorney: Kick to Suspect's Head a Justified 'Distraction Blow'
Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 13: Helicopter camera screenshots of the scene.
An attorney for the El Monte, Calif., Police Officers Association said the kick to the head delivered by an officer to a car-chase suspect lying on the ground was a legally justified "distraction blow," the Los Angeles Times reported.

The Times reported Dieter Dammeier said the officer acted within his training and department policy when he delivered the kick at the end of a televised high-speed pursuit Wednesday afternoon.

"Unfortunately these things never look good on video. Sometimes officers have to use force when dealing with bad guys," Dammeier said. "The officer initially came upon the suspect alone. The suspect hadn't been searched and was a parolee and a gang member. The individual officer saw some movement. He feared the parolee might have a weapon or be about to get up. So the officer did what is known as a distraction blow. It wasn’t designed to hurt the man, just distract him."

El Monte officers "are trained to deliver a distraction blow to stop a [suspect] doing what they planning on doing," he said.

Police in El Monte had been conducting an internal investigation of the incident, sparked by phone calls by people who saw the kick in live footage taken from above in by helicopter. The suspect appeared to have surrendered and was lying face down on the ground when he was kicked.

"From our perspective [we] hate to comment until we have more facts. What's in the mind of the officer may not be what's in the mind of the viewer," El Monte Assistant Chief Steve Schuster said Wednesday. "As soon as we feel we can make a statement based on facts, we'll do that."

The driver of the car was identified as Richard Rodriguez, 23, of El Monte, Calif. He was booked on charges of felony evading, parole violation, obstruction and or delaying a police officer in the performance of his duties and gang enhancement. Rodriguez, a known gang member, was taken to a county jail.

The suspects were allegedly throwing gang signs during the chase, El Monte Lt. Chuck Carlson told FOXNews.com.

He didn't release the name of the officers involved or the two other suspects in custody.

Related StoriesCalifornia Police Launch Investigation After Officer Allegedly Kicks Suspect in Head After Chase
The chase started at about 1:30 p.m., when El Monte police tried to stop Rodriguez for a traffic violation, state Highway Patrol Officer Jose Nunez told MyFOXLA.com. There were two other men in the car.

The three fled the scene, sending police on a winding chase on freeways and surface streets that ended with a collision in Pico Rivera, MyFOXLA.com reported.

One suspect jumped out of the car and surrendered to police when the car was forced to stop in traffic. Rodriguez sped away, and objects were thrown from the car, according to MyFOXLA.com.

Rodriguez hit an SUV after exiting a freeway, where police apprehended one suspect.

A foot pursuit followed the high-speed car chase that lasted more than 30 minutes and saw the suspect lead a chaotic drive through El Monte, Whittier and other parts of eastern Los Angeles County.

The suspect who was kicked had fled on foot behind a nearby apartment complex. It is unclear if that suspect is Rodriguez.

Two of the suspects were taken to Greater El Monte Community Hospital.

No one was seriously injured, Carlson said.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln