lawrocket

Swine Flu Attribution Experiment...

I say drop stocks reference and focus more on "estimate profits" of a pandemic.

I'm still trying to work CIA, God and the environment into the storyline without watering down the plot too much.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

... Some people are coughing, some where in the world.... just enough for y'all to take your eyes off the financial crisis for a a while and let the poor bankers off the hook.......

Hey, Just sayin'

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

It's not a good conspiracy theory unless you can work the word "thermite" in there somewhere. It doesn't matter if you don't know what thermite is.

Thermites - aren't they little ant like things that eat wood?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Oh yeah, and Donald Rumsfield owns significant stock in the company that makes the anti-viral medication to be used in the treatment of swine flu:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/tamiflu.asp

I'm sure I can work this into the plot somehow.

Maybe Al Gore invented the swine flu:
http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2009/04/26/al-gores-venture-capital-firm-set-to-reap-rewards-on-swine-flu/

No no no, you've all missed the true reason.

Swine flu was created by Obama to deflect media attention away from focusing on his horrible first 100 days in office.

On the bright side, maybe it will make people actually get serious about stopping illegal immigration from Mexico.

Today on the Diane Rhyem (sp?) show a caller characterized Donald Rumsfield as having exclusive U.S. or North American ditribution rights to Tamiflu and that the current swine flu came out of bio weapons labs in Texas.:S

Yeee Haaaa. Here we go!

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

If you're going to start a world-wide virus outbreak, it makes sense to start in the most densely populated city (Mexico City), which is also quite poor, and will respond slowly to the outbreak. It will spread quickly to the U.S., because of proximity and ease of travel, and from there, it will quickly go world-wide. Plus, you can easily find people to go around the city with aerosol cans and spray people, after all, these are people that swallow drugs wrapped in condoms and take them across the border.

Makings of a good Michael Crichton book - too bad he's dead. Anyone else want to step in and write it? John Grisham, maybe?

There is actually a slew of Fiction books out there that have used that type of scenario. The idea actually goes back about a decade if not more. First one I can recall is a scenario where the virus only affected females,effectively causing all women to die globally and eventually mankind. That was back in the late 80's early 90's if I recall correctly. The theme is actually kind of played out already in the fiction book genre that this topic is found in.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

There is actually a slew of Fiction books out there that have used that type of scenario. The idea actually goes back about a decade if not more.

True life is worse than fiction. The influenza epidemic that swept the world in 1918 killed an estimated 50 million people. One fifth of the world's population was attacked by this deadly virus. Within months, it had killed more people than any other illness in recorded history.

Today on the Diane Rhyem (sp?)

Diane Rehm - no relation

have never heard her program

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

There is actually a slew of Fiction books out there that have used that type of scenario. The idea actually goes back about a decade if not more.

True life is worse than fiction. The influenza epidemic that swept the world in 1918 killed an estimated 50 million people. One fifth of the world's population was attacked by this deadly virus. Within months, it had killed more people than any other illness in recorded history.

So far it seems that only Mexico has a high %rate of death. I would venture that as polluted as that pesthole is.. that peoples immune systems are already stressed badly... just trying to breathe.

Gee.. that kind of sounds like Houston too.

pesthole...
Gee.. that kind of sounds like Houston too.

Hey -- Houston has me :)
Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)