BDashe

SFO tax protest

Anyone working in SFO today that feels like stopping by Pelosi's office and greeting her with a midddle finger, here is the info. couple buddies in the office are gonna swing by for a sec on our lunch break and show libs we can be annoying too. This is actually all over the country, but i think it is over in all but western states.

http://taxdayteaparty.com/

http://events.sfgate.com/san-francisco-ca/events/show/86706743-san-francisco-tea-party
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Ha ha ha ha! awesome. That's what they should have called it. No tea bags, just us moderate-heavy right wingers showing up. I'm sure there will be plenty of @ssholes with signs and other sh*t. supposed to just be a rally as far as I know. I think there are like 700+ that happened across the country today. I just found out about it though.

We'll be easy targets for the hippies though, we all have jobs and are wearing clean clothes + ties.
So there I was...

No one mentioned "teabags" or "teabaggin".

The other night, I turned over to MSNBC for a hour to see what those guys were up to. They repeatedly used the phrase "teabaggin" while laughing at the concept. Then they mentioned "Dick Armey" and laughed even more. Since when did this type of filthy talk become acceptable on TV? Not funny.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

>No one mentioned "teabags" or "teabaggin".

FOX News has been going on nonstop about it. At one point, Fox was interviewing Phil Gingrey, a Georgia congressman, who held up two teabags and said "I've got my teabags here." There's a "million teabag protest" in DC.

Seems like a lot of protesters have been mentioning it. If you want to call it something different, you could organize a different protest and call it whatever you like!

> Since when did this type of filthy talk become acceptable on TV?

I guess since FOX decided to bill it that way. What's wrong with teabags?

(Edited to add a capture of a FOX news show)

"Teabaggin" - A slang term for the act of a man placing his scrotum in the mouth or on or around the face (including the top of the head) of another person, often in a repeated in-and-out motion.

I'm sure you weren't making a joke about the above definition of "teabaggin" in your post above. That would be childish and perverted.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Alrighty guys! got back a little while ago from this thing, ha ha ha. That was hysterical. will try to condense this...

So the thing started at 11, my buddy and i didnt leave our office til 12:20 with plans to just take a look from a distance at those near pelosi's office and witness a rightwing protest in left wing SFO. We went where we saw TV cameras and it was actually lawyers for immigration law giving a speech on the steps of the city capitol. tiny crowd. So just as we decide to go try and find the actual event, we see a small crowd of peope marching towards us. The "leader" explained they were getting no media coverage, so they migrated to city hall (where my buddy and I happened to be standing) since there were a couple news cameras there.

only about 3 dozen people from the teaparty were with this guy. I then look up the street and several hundred- 1000+ are marching our way to crash the lawyers coverage.

Highlight was the hot brazilian chick walking up, having nothing to do with the protest, snapping a photo with my friend, speaking next to no english, and giving him her number.

I snapped some cell phone pics for your entertainment.

pic 1- unruly crowd heading towards us at the capital

pic 2- middle of unruly crowd

Pic 3- "Don't Tax Me Bro!" sign (play on taze)

Pic 4- the "leader's" flag

Pic 5- funny USSA sign
So there I was...

what, no pics of the brazilina?

I know! I'm the worst. I was caught off guard when she came up to chat with us. There is a pic of us on her camera... which i dont have. If my buddy takes her out this week I'll get him to take a picture with her.

funny part was he had a DTR talk with a girl he is seeing literally yesterday. And I go, so how will sarah like this? he says "oh sh*t I completely forgot!" Ha!!!

I surround myself with the finest of the fine...
So there I was...

Anyone working in SFO today that feels like stopping by Pelosi's office and greeting her with a midddle finger, here is the info. couple buddies in the office are gonna swing by for a sec on our lunch break and show libs we can be annoying too. This is actually all over the country, but i think it is over in all but western states.

http://taxdayteaparty.com/

http://events.sfgate.com/san-francisco-ca/events/show/86706743-san-francisco-tea-party

When are you fine folks going to be doing the "dirty sanchez" rally? How about the "golden showers" rally? The "teabaggers" rallies are pretty fucking funny.

How did the rich resumlicans get you folks to stick up for them? Are righties really that easily led to act against their own best interests? Apparently so.
In times of massive red ink, and the ongoing expense for the premeditated war of aggression, lowering taxes for the rich is REALLY stupid. We ALL should be paying higher taxes instead of borrowing money from China and whoever else is dumb enough to lend to us.

If the tax cuts ARE ALLOWED TO EXPIRE ON SCHEDULE, the rich will still be paying 10% less than they were in 1980. Facts are really annoying.

The last Democratic administration left the next administration a budget surplus. Shrubco pissed that away in the first year.

Here's one for you - Did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?

A $400 tax credit spread over a year when tax bracket cuts expire is not a tax cut.

Gov't should take a lesson from all the businesses turning themselves around or trying to- make cuts in spending and expenses and invest in sectors that are producing. Not a tough equation to solve. Spending money you dont have is exactly what got the US into this mess.
So there I was...

>A $400 tax credit spread over a year when tax bracket cuts expire is not a tax cut.

Then a tax cut for the wealthiest americans is not a tax cut, either.

>make cuts in spending and expenses . . .

Agreed. Pull out of Iraq as quickly as possible, cut military spending and end government bailouts.

>and invest in sectors that are producing.

Absolutely not. The government has no business "playing the stock market" and we cannot afford for the government to "lose it all" during a crash. Let investment bankers do that.

O has every intention of INCREASING taxes on the wealthiest americans, what are you implying bill? giving a $20 stimulus check to half of america every couple weeks is not a tax cut, it's a credit and a miniscule one.

Sure! get the hell out of iraq! I'm ok with that! spending on the war will be eliminated naturally, but why decrease normal spending on our military right now? 90% of the world hates us because of the last guy, and we just pissed off the somali's again (which is awesome, go SEALs) sooooo we should reduce our military?

Did I say play the stock market or get involved in the private sector at all? That is the LAST thing that should happen. I'm saying take a lesson from the private sector as they deal with their mistakes. No companies that are in hot water right now are setting all time records on spending and expenses, quite the contrary, I wonder why that is... I'm referring to the government operating itself in a responsible manner- invest in sectors of itself that are working WELL for the government or the country, and eliminate everything that gets minimal ROI or less with regards to the current economic situation. Pelosi flying on airforce G5s should be one of the first things to go. Taking money away from your people should be pretty high up on the to fix list too.

Obviously, that's what the rallys were for. people thinking logically, not with political strategy.
So there I was...

>O has every intention of INCREASING taxes on the wealthiest americans,
>what are you implying bill?

That it doesn't matter if he decreases them, and it doesn't matter that Bush decreased them. By your logic it's not a tax cut.

>90% of the world hates us because of the last guy, and we just pissed off the
>somali's again (which is awesome, go SEALs) sooooo we should reduce our
>military?

Yes. If you want to trumpet the cause of reduced spending, have the balls to support reduction of spending even when it's a program you like.

The alternative is a bunch of people saying "REDUCE SPENDING! REDUCE TAXES! RIGHT NOW! except for my favorite programs but other than that REDUCE SPENDING!" Which is what we have right now - and which is why we never reduce spending.

Will that increase our risk? Yes. It's the price you pay. If you don't want to live with the increase in risk, get out your checkbook and have the integrity to pay for what you ask for.

>invest in sectors of itself that are working WELL for the government or the country . . .

If you mean "support the infrastructure projects that work" that's fine. Again, be willing to back that up with your checkbook.

>Obviously, that's what the rallys were for. people thinking logically, not
>with political strategy.

If people were thinking logically, they would not have chosen the anniversary of an event used to protest the fact that they had no representation in government. Instead you had guys with teabags hanging from their glasses bitching that they don't want to pay taxes.

Sure! get the hell out of iraq! I'm ok with that! spending on the war will be eliminated naturally, but why decrease normal spending on our military right now? 90% of the world hates us because of the last guy, and we just pissed off the somali's again (which is awesome, go SEALs) sooooo we should reduce our military?

If you're not even going to consider cutting military spending, that you have no business complaining about high taxes. Defense spending is responsible for a considerable portion of the debt, and we spend far more than anyone else.