JohnRich

Michelle Obama Sets a New "First"

Totally shrill and lame. Do you have any idea how much the Obamas made from his book sales?

HINT - it was a bit more than $5.00

Why are you discounting her ability to provide for her own? Why only lump it with her association with her husband? Is she not worthy of having a net worth of her own?

According to the couple’s 2006 income tax return, Michelle's salary was $273,618 from the University of Chicago Hospitals, while her husband had a salary of $157,082 from the United States Senate. source

She is a capable woman. If she wants to have a fashion consultant, she can get one. I just don't want to pay for it (and you seem to think that she can only get one through having a husband.)

I just don't want to pay for it (and you seem to think that she can only get one through having a husband.)

were you willing to pay for it in the past administration?

who have worked with presidential wives over the past 16 years.

Laura and Hillary got the same treatment

I just don't want to pay for it (and you seem to think that she can only get one through having a husband.)

were you willing to pay for it in the past administration?

No. I don't think that the tax payers need to be paying for the wives of the elected officials (whether it be the President or the Vice President or the Senators or the Congressmen....) to get their hair done or their make up done... If as an individual, they wish to pay for these services themselves, that is fine. It just shouldn't be a beni of having a spouse in politics.

who have worked with presidential wives over the past 16 years.

Laura and Hillary got the same treatment

Are you sure?

"No other first ladies have consistently traveled with a makeup artist," said hairdresser Bernard Portelli

When I first read the article, I got to the eyebrow comments and thought "blech, enough of this babble." I commented that I didn't think the govt should be paying for it, BUT IF SHE WAS PAYING FOR IT I didn't care.

If Mrs Bush or Mrs Rodham Clinton were paying for it, I don't care. And neither should you.

I just think that it would be irresponsible to have hairstyling and makeup for the wives of elected official in the white house budget... especially when the National deficit is what it is.

And if prior wives did get that... lets say that Mrs. Kennedy Onassis had that benefit (why am I selecting her... cuz she did look nice and the initial statement that I replied to used that as an argument for "why not?") If we went back to the white house budget in the 60's and it was a perk of the office, that still wouldn't make it right.

But you seem to have an allowance for that?

So lets go down that slippery slope.

What SHOULD the government fund in your opinion? Hair - ok by you. Makeup - yup. Dental whitening? Tummy tuck? Implants? Botox? What should the taxpayer contribute so that the spouse of an elected official can look like a celebrity? And which elected officials? Only the Presidents wife?

What SHOULD the government fund in your opinion? Hair - ok by you. Makeup - yup. Dental whitening? Tummy tuck? Implants? Botox? What should the taxpayer contribute so that the spouse of an elected official can look like a celebrity? And which elected officials? Only the Presidents wife?

None of it. Their personal care is their business.
I want politicians who think properly - I don't give a darn what they, or their wives, look like.
I like people who are comfortable being themselves, whatever that might be.

All of this fuss over changing her eyebrows so that she wouldn't look as "mean" is ridiculous. It shows that she, and America, are obsessed with appearances, rather than character. And that's a shame, because it shows that Americans are shallow and vain, and that Michelle is also, for pandering to the shallow and vain.

Would you rather have someone who is pretty, but destroys your rights,
or someone who is ugly, and protects them?
I choose the latter.

I think we are finding the country's position on that from last November....:o

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

None of it. Their personal care is their business.
I want politicians who think properly - I don't give a darn what they, or their wives, look like.
I like people who are comfortable being themselves, whatever that might be.

All of this fuss over changing her eyebrows so that she wouldn't look as "mean" is ridiculous. It shows that she, and America, are obsessed with appearances, rather than character. And that's a shame, because it shows that Americans are shallow and vain, and that Michelle is also, for pandering to the shallow and vain.

I choose the latter.

If you are so big on protecting rights, why did you support the worst president in HISTORY, no matter what he did? The torture, the extreme rendition, the NSA spying in collusion with AT&T, etc, etc.
NOT A PEEP OUT OF YOU. NOTHING.

Now all of a sudden the sky is falling because a smart black man who came up from nothing is president. You likely would have preferred the grumpy old white guy who can't control his temper in public and called his wife a cunt in front of reporters.

The stench of hypocrisy from righties is nauseating...