billvon

Limbaugh hopes RNC fails

Excellent entertainment from the de facto head of the GOP today:

Limbaugh: "We believe that the preamble to the Constitution contains an inarguable truth that we are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, among them life. Liberty, Freedom. And the pursuit of happiness."

=======================

Michael Steele, RNC chairman: "Let's put it into context here. Rush limbaugh is an entertainer. Rush limbaugh, his whole thing is entertainment. Yes he is incendiary. Yes, it's ugly."

Interviewer: ". . . [Limbaugh] influences the party. I will tell you what, you're the first republican I have talked to, and I have talked to a lot, to say he's not the leader of his party."

Limbaugh #2: "Michael Steele, you are head of the RNC. You are not head of the Republican Party. Tens of millions of conservatives and Republicans have nothing to do with the RNC and right now they want nothing to do with it, and when you call them, asking them for money, they hang up on you."

While I don't applaud his methods, he says some pretty powerful things. From the speech everyone is quoting where he says he wants Obama to fail:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_030209/content/01125106.guest.html

See, this is something liberals will never understand about the United States of America and it's right under their noses, right in front of their faces, we are a competitive people. We strive, enough of us do, to be the best. We strive to win. We strive to avoid defeat. Enough of us still do. Don't believe otherwise. The liberals have made efforts to shut that aspect of our nature down.

I agree with what Limbaugh is saying here. I'm competitive, my wife is, and so are my kids. We strive for excellence in those things we pursue. I think that's a very important part of being American.
We are all engines of karma

See, this is something liberals will never understand about the United States of America and it's right under their noses, right in front of their faces, we are a competitive people. We strive, enough of us do, to be the best. We strive to win. We strive to avoid defeat. Enough of us still do. Don't believe otherwise. The liberals have made efforts to shut that aspect of our nature down.

I agree with what Limbaugh is saying here. I'm competitive, my wife is, and so are my kids. We strive for excellence in those things we pursue. I think that's a very important part of being American.

So are my wife and I. We both have advanced degrees, we are well into the top 5% of earners, AND we are both liberals:P The one who fails to understand is Limbaugh.

>We strive, enough of us do, to be the best. We strive to win.

Apparently they GOP strives to win, but hopes to fail.

Until the GOP doesn't see this as a battle to the death between good and evil - and that half the country must be destroyed before the guys in the white hats can ride off into the sunsets in their gas guzzlers - they will continue to be a fractured and divided party. Once they get their act together and start representing all the best parts of the USA, rather than the worst parts, they will continue to be marginalized as a party no one wants to be a part of.

> I'm competitive, my wife is, and so are my kids. We strive for excellence
>in those things we pursue. I think that's a very important part of being
>American.

Yep. And those things are independent of party affiliation.

Excellent entertainment from the de facto head of the GOP today:

Limbaugh: "We believe that the preamble to the Constitution contains an inarguable truth that we are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, among them life. Liberty, Freedom. And the pursuit of happiness."

=======================

Michael Steele, RNC chairman: "Let's put it into context here. Rush limbaugh is an entertainer. Rush limbaugh, his whole thing is entertainment. Yes he is incendiary. Yes, it's ugly."

Interviewer: ". . . [Limbaugh] influences the party. I will tell you what, you're the first republican I have talked to, and I have talked to a lot, to say he's not the leader of his party."

Limbaugh #2: "Michael Steele, you are head of the RNC. You are not head of the Republican Party. Tens of millions of conservatives and Republicans have nothing to do with the RNC and right now they want nothing to do with it, and when you call them, asking them for money, they hang up on you."

I've been hanging up on them lately. I've made it clear to those RNC callers that they have to restore...not rebuild, not rebrand, the party ala Reagan, Gingrich...

I don't feel that Steele will make it happen.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Yep. And those things are independent of party affiliation.

Just in the interest of full disclosure, I'm a moderate conservative who is registered as an independent. I changed from being a registered Republican when they decided to become the religious right. I was raised in a very fundamentalist family in the deep south, and I think that whole life style is a crock of shit.
We are all engines of karma

Once they get their act together and start representing all the best parts of the USA, rather than the worst parts, they will continue to be marginalized as a party no one wants to be a part of.

Trying to appease everyone and pretend to be centrist is the problem.

If you try to please everyone then no one is happy. They need to get back to true conservative.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Rush really is a big, fat, idiot.

He wants to keep the name "Republican" but wants nothing to do with the actual people in charge of the party.

Rush should try to break off from the RNC and see how far he gets.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>Trying to appease everyone and pretend to be centrist is the problem.

Well, they're _definitely_ not doing that now. They are a half dozen squabbling factions whose only common philosophy is "I hope we fail." They need a few years to reorganize and get the center back from the democrats (which, of course, is why the democrats cleaned their clocks in the last election.)

Where you and Limbaugh both fail is that you both think that you are the one who gets it.

Guess what. BOTH of you get it and neither of you get it.

Limbaugh doesn't know what is best for me. Neither do you.

You both "fail to understand."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The current "Dem Lite" Republican party does need to fail - no arguments from me on that point.

Its done that massively for years now

They've learned well, then.

But you guys just kept voting them in.. again and again.. and incessantly defending the stupid crap.:S:S

Past performance SHOULD have been indicativeof the bang up job they were going to do once they got the power.. and low and behold... they lived up to my expectations.... as in...

I TOLD YOU SO

So are my wife and I. We both have advanced degrees, we are well into the top 5% of earners, AND we are both liberals

Great! Thanks for paying more than your fair share, which is about to go up.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne