ffp1974

If you are black?

If you are black and I say that " black man speaketh with forked tongue" about Obama. Do you find that offensive????

Calling anyone black is considered offensive, no matter what coulour or race they are, where I am from (New Zealand).

Colour of skin does not symbolise race, what about an albino african or a dark european?

people should never be called black or white, nobody is actually balck or white we are all shades of brown!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

It's much more simple to call someone black than very dark brown. Besides, if the NAACP exists I think that even calling them colored is fine, although that is not universally accepted.

Calling 'them' colored? Technically aren't we all a color? I don't recall ever having been told I'm transparent, more of a peachy beige. Peachy beige is a color. Maybe I'll join the NAACP?

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

If you are black and I say that " black man speaketh with forked tongue" about Obama. Do you find that offensive????

Not offensive, people are too sensitive. But I do find it pointless to define anyone by their cosmetics rather than by what they do, how they act, and who they are.

For that particular case? You could just say the "politician lies through his teeth"

but that would go without saying

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Why not just say, "The President speaks with a forked tongue" and leave all verbal associations to race completely out of it? But, you kinda accomplished your goal anyway.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Calling anyone black is considered offensive, no matter what coulour or race they are, where I am from (New Zealand).

Colour of skin does not symbolise race, what about an albino african or a dark european?

people should never be called black or white, nobody is actually balck or white we are all shades of brown!

Bloody typical Kiwi imperialism:P. Just becasue its offensive down there doesn't mean that its offensive everywhere else. In Ireland and the Uk black people refer to themselves as black and are proud of it. Nothing wrong with calling someone black. (Its being called coloured that the Kaffas get shitty about)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Why deny your heritage? I don't get offended when people call me "white". I can't deny who I am. Now if people started calling me "whitey, cracker, Nazi, ect..." or something that has an obvious negative tone to it, that is a different story. Each person has there own story and it's a shame to hide it by trying to make us all equal. I celebrate my differences. I'm special!!!! (that's what my wife says anyway:D)
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Calling 'them' colored? Technically aren't we all a color? I don't recall ever having been told I'm transparent, more of a peachy beige. Peachy beige is a color. Maybe I'll join the NAACP?

That would be a wonderful idea, and in that light it really should be a defunct organization, but unfortunately they do not promote the advancement of "all people."
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

But I do find it pointless to define anyone by their cosmetics rather than by what they do, how they act, and who they are.

Does that mean it's wrong for me to think redheads are hot?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

But I do find it pointless to define anyone by their cosmetics rather than by what they do, how they act, and who they are.

Does that mean it's wrong for me to think redheads are hot?

No, because I'm the same way - at least in college.

And anyway, 'redhead' is not a cosmetic term, it's a real effect on personality (theirs and mine)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I do find it pointless to define anyone by their cosmetics

I take it you've never been to Long Island.

I've always known that high density urban types have more of these types of hangups than any other demographic. But that's sad.

Sorry, you were being funny and I threw a wet towel out.

I've always known that high density urban types have more of these types of hangups than any other demographic. But that's sad.

That's ok. Standup comedy is a risky venture. I was referring to the stereotype of Long Island girls/women as favoring the "painted face" style of makeup. Maybe one has to be from that general region (or know a Long Island girl :P) to get the joke. I grew up in Upstate NY, which sub-culturally is very different from the NYC/LI area, so that's why I made the reference.

OK, here's your towel back.

I'm fairly certain there's more than one minority that could be offended by that.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

That's ok. Standup comedy is a risky venture. I was referring to the stereotype of Long Island girls/women as favoring the "painted face" style of makeup. Maybe one has to be from that general region (or know a Long Island girl :P) to get the joke. I grew up in Upstate NY, which sub-culturally is very different from the NYC/LI area, so that's why I made the reference.

OK, here's your towel back.

I recall Pittsburgh being a pretty "big hair" region when I worked there one year

Why deny your heritage? I don't get offended when people call me "white". I can't deny who I am. Now if people started calling me "whitey, cracker, Nazi, ect..." or something that has an obvious negative tone to it, that is a different story. Each person has there own story and it's a shame to hide it by trying to make us all equal.

No one should be denied thier heritage, that is why people are defined by their ethnicity in NZ, Maori, Pacific islander, NZ european etc. the colour of you skin does not necessarily syblolise you ethnicity.

Genetics can interfere with skin colour but not with where you come from.

I don't like to be called white, I don't think i am anywhere close to the colour white, those names were made but stupid ass racist fuckwits that didn't have a fucking clue:P.

It is a shame it takes so many generations to overcome such stupidity.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix