MilliniaS

Does ANYONE like the Blackberry Storm?

So I just called Verizon and had them switch my phone from the Storm back to my OLD Motorola Q.

My Storm would freeze up when I got into fast text conversations, drop calls, have a 10 second delay to actually answer an incoming phone call after I pressed the green answer button.

I am pissed because my "cool" phone S-U-C-K-S!!!!! All the iPhone users in my office are smirking at me, my buddy was giving me the "I told you" speech, and I dont have a cool phone. (yesssss Mother, I am that shallow!!!)

Does anyone like their Storm? Or are you like me wanting to watch it take a bounce on the next load up?
"Its such a beautiful day outside, we should thank the leader."

"The leader? Who the hell is that? Some sort of leader?" -Homer Simpson.

I have a Blackberry 7130e and I almost got a Storm the week it came out. There was a waiting list (if you can believe it) and by the time I could by one I heard so many negative reviews I didn't buy it. Two people I know brought it back (the onlye 2 I know who bought one). From everything I have seen, read, and heard it COULD be a great phone IF they work out all the bugs and software issues. They probably should not have rushed the launch and just waited a few more months to get it right....what a shame.

They definitely rushed the launch. Overall I love mine. Not too many crashes. I can type fast as hell, and accurately. Does slow down over time as the software does have a significant memory leak, which requires a battery pull when you feel it slow down.

Still lakcing apps since it is new and development has not really started yet, but will be soon.

If you like beta testing stuff, it's awesome. If you prefer everything working with no bugs, then you were stupid to buy the phone to begin with.

Edit: Why the hell is this in SC?

For those of us who actually use the phone to talk, Verizon over AT&T is a nobrainer.

The app side stuff is certainly inferior to iphone, and of course lags a 2 year old platform. Once I get it to properly fetch my shell based mail, I'll be pretty damn happy with the change from a dumb phone.

I like the X-man "Storm"

I mean, really, Halle Barry with white hair in a skin tight suit? who wouldn't?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yeah, but the cool thing is I have the Bold, and all my friends that have the iPhone b/c they had to have a cool phone hates me. The actual resourcefulness of the iPhone is crap. Sure you can have fun on it, but the shit you can do on the Bold is so much greater, combining business and pleasure...everytime a mate of mine has to restart his iPhone b/c the touchscreen is unresponsive or it's locked up...I smirk at them instead!!!! RIM Rocks, so everyone has some flaws here and there...wait until the touch screen Bold comes out!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Don't know anything about different BB models:(

But the other day we sent a email to our elected offical and he called us back on his BB in about 15 minutes:o

Somehow where ever he's at his BB vibrates when he gets a email at his office. Since he was waiting for a meeting[:/] to start he was able to use his down time to call me and respond to my email.

IMO the BB can be used to increase productivity in the business world.

Personally I'd rather have a email from a elected offical to document what I was told. Just in case the politican forgets what was discussed but thats another topic.

BB sound like a great tool to bad there so expensive with all there bells and whistles.

Anyone want to donate the BB they don't like (with the prepaid plan) to a poor retired x skydiver living on a fixed budget.

One Jump Wonder

I definitely like mine. Sure it's a little buggy while waiting for the next official OS release. In the meantime, I spent this weekend travelling in rural Montana with my Storm. It tethered my laptop well enough to play WoW while my girlfriend napped, and jumped into emergency service playing audiobooks through the truck stereo when my iPod died. I end up pulling the battery once every 3-4 days, and the rest of the time just appreciate having a very capable device with a lot more utility and a far superior network than the iPhone. Oh...and my Storm is insured, can MMS pictures, and can cut & paste while editing files (incl. word, excel, and powerpoint), none of which are possible on the iPhone.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I have a Storm, running OS v.109....love it....love it....love it....

Even when I had it running the last "official" OS release (v.75), it worked okay.

It's just a bad-ass device.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

The only people I know that like the Storm are the people that just bought it. Anyone I talk to that's had it longer than a month starts to whine about it.

I kinda did the same with my iPhone, I liked it at first, but now the battery dies a lot (after a year of use), and it has lots of problems - I still use it, it's OK, but I prefer my BB Curve.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD