shropshire

Anyone seen "Taken"?

I had somewhat of a desire to see this movie, but I'm worried it'll be just like Paparazzi (which was horrible.)

"Really bad thing happens to John Q. Anyguy because there's nasty people out there. He fights back via a one dimensional story line and in the end it turns out they really messed with the wrong guy. Once again the power of vengeance saves the day!"

So... does that pretty much sum it up?

OK... since this is in SC already, lets ask a few controversial questions about that movie in this thread.

1. Why would any guy pay to go to one of those brothels (if you could even call it THAT)?

Those women were drugged and chained to the beds. How could you fuck them if you had ANY level of respect (for them, for you, for life)?

2. If you were involved in such a "business" and an acquaintance came to you that his daughter was taken by said "business," wouldn't it be wiser to give the girl back?!

1. Why would any guy pay to go to one of those brothels (if you could even call it THAT)? Those women were drugged and chained to the beds. How could you fuck them if you had ANY level of respect (for them, for you, for life)?

The world can be a screwed-up place, and there are plenty of men who will want a piece of ass so bad that they'll pay for such a woman, and not give a damn about her plight.

2. If you were involved in such a "business" and an acquaintance came to you that his daughter was taken by said "business," wouldn't it be wiser to give the girl back?!

If you ran such a business, you would figure that you could just run the concerned dad off by roughing him up, threatening him, whatever, and that would preserve your investment in his daughter. If you're in that business to start with, you don't exactly have good ethics or concern for your fellow human beings. You are ruthless and uncaring.

Good revenge flick.

Spoiler alert! Stop reading now if you haven't seen the movie!

But he walked away at the end with his daughter, and didn't do anything to bust the whole operation and save all the other girls.

1. Why would any guy pay to go to one of those brothels (if you could even call it THAT)?

I agree. That is beyond street crack hooker gross.

I did enjoy the movie though. Liked the main character. He was willing to do whatever it took to get his daughter back and had the knowledge to do it.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Very good spy decoder at the end! Apropos.

Great movie. Loved the badass character. Talk about knowing your surroundings and paying attention to detail!
But, I am curious - do you think this type of brothel exists to a great extent? I know there are thousands of women coerced and brainwashed into sexual slavery, which is evil enough, but just kept on drugs, chained to a bed and used like meat? Ugh. If so I would think some news media would have gotten a hold of it and put out a story, hidden camera or something.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

It's so prevalent...it is considered an epidemic.

And yes - those brothels are very prolific. It's bad stuff.

CATW

Saw the movie, and I have 4 daughters - yeah, that's pretty much how it would go down.

I have a particular set of skills.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member