normiss

Closing Gitmo.

People who are not willing to do what is necessary to win wars will eventually be oppressed by people who are.

We DO hold ourselves to a higher standard. That's why our "torture" consists of waterboarding, sleep deprivation, and playing old Dean Martin records real loud. Their's consists of rape with splintered broomsticks, daily beatings, genital eletrocution, and a variety of other wonderful things.

Get a grip on reality before you are a muslim by force.

Idiots. Geez.

+1

-1:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

They'll be released to cut the throats of American's as Obama tries to pussy foot the US back to popularity......[:/]

The REAL pussies are the ones who are so shit-scared of the terrorists that they're willing to sacrifice the best of American ideals.

What he said. If our legal system is capable of fairly dealing with Timothy McVeigh, Ted Bundy, Ted Kaczynski, and similarly unpleasant individuals, it's capable of dealing with these guys. If it's not good enough, let's actually have a declaration of war, and then treat these guys as POWs. Either way, we're a nation of laws, and we should hold ourselves to them rather than try to evade them. Our willingness to abandon that aspect of ourselves as a result of these guys alleged actions represents a partial victory for them.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

People who are not willing to do what is necessary to win wars will eventually be oppressed by people who are.

We DO hold ourselves to a higher standard. That's why our "torture" consists of waterboarding, sleep deprivation, and playing old Dean Martin records real loud. Their's consists of rape with splintered broomsticks, daily beatings, genital eletrocution, and a variety of other wonderful things.

Idiots. Geez.

+1

+2

All of the militant Islamic nut jobs are cheering all around the world because they know we have a "diplomacy first" pussy in the white house. Shutting down gitmo, halting trails, and saying no "torture" will really get the attention of the extremists. It will make them back down because they are being treated with respect. The STUPIDITY of people is amazing these days. Lets all hold hands and Have a Coke and a Smile! What alternate reality do some of you live in?
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

I'd order them all to take a ride in a C130 over the Carribean, open the giant tailgate, and force them out at 5000 feet.

The torture and subsequent murder of un-tried people sounds a lot like something a terrorist would do, doesn't it?

It is important for the US to demonstrate that we are willing to hold ourselves to a higher standard. That means upholding human rights, providing swift and just trials, and being "better than the other guy".

Doing dick shit like waterboarding and saying it's not torture, or trying to justify torture by questioning patriotism or suggesting it's worth the "win" is foolish and generates more enemies for the US.

.jim

Idiots. Geez.

+2

in order to win a war you must be willing to go at least 1 step further than who you are fighting. anything less is a waste of time and effort. showing weakness (like pulling out of the war, releasing prisoners, or even having a large percentage of the population show outrage for the war itself) only instills confidence and resolve in the ones you are fighting and makes the war harder to fight and win and that ultimately costs more lives, time and resourses.

All of the militant Islamic nut jobs are cheering all around the world because they know we have a "diplomacy first" pussy in the white house. Shutting down gitmo, halting trails, and saying no "torture" will really get the attention of the extremists. It will make them back down because they are being treated with respect. The STUPIDITY of people is amazing these days. Lets all hold hands and Have a Coke and a Smile! What alternate reality do some of you live in?

The problem is, a large share of the population has no idea what we face. To those in law enforcement, military, or civilian preparedness, it's pretty clear - we face an enemy who's stated goal is our destruction as a nation, and death our our citizens if we do not "convert" to their way of life. Period. If a gang of thugs, with a history of torture and death moved into my neighborhood and directly threatened my family, I either remove their ability to harm me, or eliminate them. Remove the threat, one way or another. Talking "nice nice" to them doesn't work, it never has. Since we have an "open" nation, with borders made out of swiss cheese, it makes our self protection extremely difficult without going to a dictatorial State. And if we go down that road, they have won.
Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyways... - John Wayne

,... it makes our self protection extremely difficult without going to a dictatorial State. And if we go down that road, they have won.

I couldn't agree more. Your friends around the world have been very worried about you.The good news is you folks turned away from that path last election.

I couldn't agree more. Your friends around the world have been very worried about you.The good news is you folks turned away from that path last election.

As long as we don't go too far in the other direction. Like treating terrorists like speeders and giving them a friggin ticket.....

As long as we don't go too far in the other direction. Like treating terrorists like speeders and giving them a friggin ticket.....

Agreed. But we must be true to our values.

First and foremost... the closing of Guantanamo Bay's prison removes a stain from our national honor. The excuses used by those who were in power has damaged this country deeply. The stench of those acts will linger in the worlds memory for a long time and could very well come back to haunt our people in the future.

Breaking international laws.... have consequences.

Perhaps now.. the rule of law can return and these people who have broken the law's of mankind can be prosecuted... ALL OF THEM.

That sounds like a damn good idea, be kind of like a turkey shot. should take no more than an hour to dispatch them little bastards. I'll even travel to the ranch and help GW reload.

Your pussy right wing senator and the one from Kansas... you know the ones with (R) right there after their names.. are already WHINING and RINGING their hands with the NIMBY argument.

Idiots. Geez.

Bravo ;)

I heard Michelle Obama is making cup cakes today to send over to them as well..... :D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

First and foremost... the closing of Guantanamo Bay's prison removes a stain from our national honor. The excuses used by those who were in power has damaged this country deeply. The stench of those acts will linger in the worlds memory for a long time and could very well come back to haunt our people in the future.

Perhaps now.. the rule of law can return and these people who have broken the law's of mankind can be prosecuted... ALL OF THEM.

> BLAABLAABLAABLAABLAA......Like a broken record.

+2

You set the standard and you adhere to it. Sacrificing your principles and any sense of honor by demanding more of your adversaries than you do of yourself may be the easy way out but it shows a complete lack of integrity. And that is no way convince anyone that your way of life is to either be respected or emulated.

+2

You set the standard and you adhere to it. Sacrificing your principles and any sense of honor by demanding more of your adversaries than you do of yourself may be the easy way out but it shows a complete lack of integrity. And that is no way convince anyone that your way of life is to either be respected or emulated.

+10

I voted more than once, just like a democrat.

So does slaughtering 3000 innocent men, women and children - civilians.

If a rabid pit bull is rushing down the street towards you with hate and intent, you don't offer him a doggie treat!

Well said and worth repeating , till it sinks in with those that can not see a problem with the tactics of the last president and all his men.

(.)Y(.)

+2

+10

I voted more than once, just like a democrat.

- the # of dead innocent kids.

(.)Y(.)

So does slaughtering 3000 innocent men, women and children - civilians.

Which side are you talking about? Because lets not forget, BOTH have done this now!!

(.)Y(.)

And you Brits kicked all the Jews out of Europe which created Isreal. You clean up the middle East.

Don’t forget now, you can’t just blame the British. Give credit where credit is due. It was the British, the French, and the Italians who decided how to break up the Ottoman Empire. They are the ones who decided the boundaries of the current cluster fuck that IS the Middle East. The Colonial sphere of influence MORONS who carved up the land mass into lines that took no notice of tribal or ethnic populations can be shown to have been the cause of MILLIONS of deaths since the end of WW I. The Turks have been brutalizing the Armenians for a very long time and giving them a country split from the Turkmen... the Kurds a Kurdistan would have solved many of those problems. It’s not just a case of Arabs being butt hurt over the Balfour decision... it goes far beyond that. Most people in the west just don’t give a rats ass and never seem to care till yet another war brews up there based on bad decisions made a hundred years ago by the European powers.

+2

Wait guys...let me field this one.

Neither my principles nor integrity are sacrificed by my armed forces dragging - in any way necessary - vital, AMERICAN life saving information out of an enemy that actively participates in the attempted destruction of my fellow man and my country.

These people are not criminals. They are enemy soldiers. Their mission is to kill me, my family, and every American - even libs like you.

The only thing I demand of my adversaries is that they put down their arms. Otherwise, I will kill them.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

This is the true issue of the day. If those who have violated the constitution and international law as agreed to by the US congress via various treaties are prosecuted, the damage to US society in the short term will be enormous. The economy will suffer, and the 'payback' mentality will infect not only the political spectrum, but the very fabric of US society. However 100 years from now the children will be taught, that it is not just in defeated nations like Germany and Serbia, not just in small countries like Rwanda and Croatia, but wherever the war criminals may be, they will be hunted down and brought to justice.
The question is are you willing to see your business go bankrupt? Are you willing to be unemployed for an extra 18 months? Are you willing to lose your house? I stated in another thread that environmental health and democracy are normal goods; ones that people want more in good times than in bad. Is justice also a normal good. Early indications are that Obama thinks so, but Pelosi does not.