normiss

This forum is TRULY an embarassment.

When it comes to politics.

While I most certainly did NOT vote for President Obama, and unlike the partisan behavior of many here, I will give him the respect of President and refer to him as such.
I am truly in awe of what I'm seeing today....but

I simply cannot believe the partisan and condescending and ugly and vile and hatred and racist behavior that seems to rear it's very ugly head here.
Repeatedly.
Perpetuated by moderators as well.

Some of you folks are truly disappointing to say the least.

Best of luck adjusting to the present.
I'm doing it...you???

:)

Maybe we'll someday elect a President with mutton chops.
Doubtful, but possible.

It figures.. that facial hair would be important to you...

http://www.nicholaswhyte.info/presbeards.htm

***Only five US presidents have sported full beards, and another four had moustaches of varying degrees of glory. These were all during the half century run of the dozen Presidents between Lincoln and Taft, of whom only Andrew Johnson and McKinley were clean-shaven.

The Republicans have historically been the hairier party. Every Republican candidate from 1856 to 1892 (with the arguable exception of 1860) had a beard, with a later run of moustaches on Roosevelt in 1904, Taft in 1908 and Roosevelt and Taft in 1912 followed by a final beard in 1916 (and a postscript for the moustache in 1944 and 1948). We should not forget also the vast mutton-chop whiskers of Chester A. Arthur, who was elected Vice-President on the Republican ticket in 1880 but served most of that term as President after the assassination of the bearded Garfield.

:ph34r:

I didn't vote for Obama, but I wish him the best and I hope he doesn't fuck up as badly as Bush did. For the record, I didn't vote for Bush either. And yes, I did vote.

Like me fellow citizen quoted above, I did not vote for Obama. However, in the spirit of democracy, he is now our leader and we will expect far more than doing better than the last IDIOT who was President.

And like me fellow citizen quoted above, I DID NOT vote for any of the Bush clan before ...

And YES, I did vote.
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

When it comes to politics.

While I most certainly did NOT vote for President Obama, and unlike the partisan behavior of many here, I will give him the respect of President and refer to him as such.
I am truly in awe of what I'm seeing today....but

I simply cannot believe the partisan and condescending and ugly and vile and hatred and racist behavior that seems to rear it's very ugly head here.
Repeatedly.
Perpetuated by moderators as well.

Some of you folks are truly disappointing to say the least.

Best of luck adjusting to the present.
I'm doing it...you???

:)

Our US Goverment over the last eight years has been the most blatant of embarrasements our generation could suffer ... There is a direct relationship between SNL ratings and the effectiveness of our LEADER... things that make you go hmmmmmmm.....
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

You’re right, this forum can be an embarrassment but “the partisan and condescending and ugly and vile and hatred and racist behavior (as you put it) is the usual MO of the far right. When people here didn’t blindly support Bush in the invasion of Iraq they were accused of hating the troops and being anti-American. So take your toys, run home, and grow a pair.

Maybe we'll someday elect a President with mutton chops.
Doubtful, but possible.
:|

As long as they don't have a mullet...:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I couldn't agree more. Coming from a country that has sensible gun laws, low church attendance, low levels of racism, a healthcare system that is the best in the world (free at point of service..) and a liberal sensible government (although several things they have doen have pissed me off..) I can hardly believe some of the things I see posted here!

I have come to realise that in the majority of cases, the USA is in fact 2 seperate countries... the bit at the top, the bit on the coast on the RHS at the top, and the bit at the bottom by the sea on the LHS are sensible and moderate/modern/secular/reasonable/not racist. All the other bits are mostly populated by gun crazy bible bashing homophobic racist country music loving anti abortion supporting booze swilling hicks. Granted, some of my best jumping buddies are from these areas but many have been brought up in the sensible bits and moved house. So it does not supprise me that many blatantly racist comments have been posted here in the run up to you guys getting a new president.

Is is not obvious that the last guy

1. STOLE the election to get in ?
2. LEFT many of his scientific advisor positions VACANT?
3. HELD BACK crucial research into LIFE saving treatments into stem cells because of silly hocus pocus beliefs?
4 . Invaded another country because he wanted to be better than his DAD?
5. made many of his worst decisions based upon DEVINE guidance?
6. Caused the USA ( a pretty good counrty I think) to be the most HATED in the world, even OUTSIDE the muslim world......
7. SCREWED your and consequently the whole world ECONONY?

Obama will have his work cut out putting all that right. I just hope some KKK nutter doesn't knock him off. He seems like a sensible guy. I like him. I wish him luck.

Flame away

D

Definately true that the 20% approaval rating the ex left office with came entiely from the skydiving community . No one outside of this community buys the lies . I haven"t been jumping much lately ( friend with a plane when the urge hits and bout the time I got my newest harley the jumps didn't do itany more ....go figure ... but I know you understand)

But I never saw any racist shit to my face ... only on these forums.

Whatever ... peace and love to all my caucasion hatin brothers out there in the darkness and may you all seek the light .

people see me as a challenge to their balance

I’ve reconnected with some folks who I knew met at dzs but with whom I lost contact as I’ve moved around the US.

I’ve gotten to know IRL some fantastic folks through this forum.

I’ve gotten to 'know' via PMs and emails another number who I very much hope to share a plane load, a few beers, or dinner with someday - they represent views across the political spectrum.

I judge those connections to be worth the embarrassing parts, which aren't limited to politics imo.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Why would you be surprised by what you have found in this forum today? The left in here have been just as vile and disrespectful toward W.

I agree with you that now that Obama is President I will give him the respect that the office deserves but I would not find it shocking that the folks in a politically heated forum would show that same respect.

I haven't read your other posts so I wonder, have you been as outraged with all the other disrespectful and vile comments toward our last President?
something funny and unique

I couldn't agree more. Coming from a country that has sensible gun laws, low church attendance, low levels of racism, a healthcare system that is the best in the world (free at point of service..) and a liberal sensible government (although several things they have doen have pissed me off..) I can hardly believe some of the things I see posted here!

I have come to realise that in the majority of cases, the USA is in fact 2 seperate countries... the bit at the top, the bit on the coast on the RHS at the top, and the bit at the bottom by the sea on the LHS are sensible and moderate/modern/secular/reasonable/not racist. All the other bits are mostly populated by gun crazy bible bashing homophobic racist country music loving anti abortion supporting booze swilling hicks. Granted, some of my best jumping buddies are from these areas but many have been brought up in the sensible bits and moved house. So it does not supprise me that many blatantly racist comments have been posted here in the run up to you guys getting a new president.

Is is not obvious that the last guy

1. STOLE the election to get in ?
2. LEFT many of his scientific advisor positions VACANT?
3. HELD BACK crucial research into LIFE saving treatments into stem cells because of silly hocus pocus beliefs?
4 . Invaded another country because he wanted to be better than his DAD?
5. made many of his worst decisions based upon DEVINE guidance?
6. Caused the USA ( a pretty good counrty I think) to be the most HATED in the world, even OUTSIDE the muslim world......
7. SCREWED your and consequently the whole world ECONONY?

Obama will have his work cut out putting all that right. I just hope some KKK nutter doesn't knock him off. He seems like a sensible guy. I like him. I wish him luck.

Flame away

D

Nice stereotyping, you seem to have covered all the bullshit talking points of the extreme left. - I'm sure you'll fit in well here.

Have some more koolaid.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706