gjhdiver

Goodbye my faithful bumper sticker

When I first put you on the back of my car in late 2000, little did I suspect that you'd be there valiantly proclaiming my distaste for Curious George for another eight years. You've been a barometer of the country's mood over the years. After 9/11, I got to feel the wrath of the newly patriotic on a daily basis, one going so far as to actually drive his car off the road in Sunnyvale whilst screaming at me out of his window. If for nothing else, you repaid the $2 I spent on you right there.

As the years rolled on though, and as the true idiocy of the man became apparent to even his staunchest supporters, the thumbs up and the honks of agreements grew, and people would even knock on the door of my house to tell me how much they liked you and if I had any more. I went and bought a lot more and gave them out to anyone who asked for one. As of today, it's been over five years since anyone said a bad word about you.

But now it's time to retire. With no 44 sworn in today, and no 43 already reduced to the status of a punchline for late night comics, there's no need to be there any more. You can come inside and live in the house, a reminder of a time when America lost it mind, and chose a hapless dullard to look up to.

Whether no 44 realises any promise is to come, but if he can eat a pretzel without falling over, (and I suspect that he can), he's already outperforming his predecessor. I won't leave your space blank for long though. Something with a nice atheist tone to it I think.

As the years rolled on though, and as the true idiocy of the man became apparent to even his staunchest supporters, the thumbs up and the honks of agreements grew, and people would even knock on the door of my house to tell me how much they liked you and if I had any more. I went and bought a lot more and gave them out to anyone who asked for one. As of today, it's been over five years since anyone said a bad word about you.

No Gareth... we still have several of them right here. They are the members of the 20% who approve of the job he was doing.. they are the ones who Cheney referred to as dead enders in the case of the Baathists who still support Sadaam.. but in this case they are still the Defenders of the most incompetent president this country has ever been subjected to.

When I first put you on the back of my car in late 2000, little did I suspect that you'd be there valiantly proclaiming my distaste for Curious George for another eight years.

I enjoyed my "Lick Bush in 2000" bumper sticker for fewer than 24 hours. My boss put the hammer down about displaying "borderline offensive" political stickers to clients.
Owned by Remi #?

Shows the typical (lack of) class by some.

Good luck in the next four years. When the expectations meet reality in the future you can display more catchy stickers.
Meanwhile us grown-ups will be dealing with and solving problems.

Let the flaming begin............

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

I'm glad we now have a more capable president. .

Ah yes, has done nothing yet but is declared more capable.

Trully telling sir, trully.

He is a winner and has of yet done nothing.

:D:D:D:D:D

The irony of this fucking post is a testament of what got a president, about whom the least is known in history, elected.

I have saved this post billvon, It will come back someday
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Ah yes, has done nothing yet but is declared more capable.

Yep. He is. (If you are confused by this, look up the word "capable" in the dictionary; compare it to "accomplished.")

>He is a winner and has of yet done nothing.

Again, yep. That's how democracy works. The guy who gets the most electoral votes is the winner.

Shows the typical (lack of) class by some.

Good luck in the next four years. When the expectations meet reality in the future you can display more catchy stickers.

Let the flaming begin............

I hope he does well. He is my president. More than can be said by the left wishing the outgoing President well today:S
Abraham Lincoln

>Ah yes, has done nothing yet but is declared more capable.

Yep. He is. (If you are confused by this, look up the word "capable" in the dictionary; compare it to "accomplished.")

>He is a winner and has of yet done nothing.

Again, yep. That's how democracy works. The guy who gets the most electoral votes is the winner.

Noooooo, your post has been saved and quoted. You claimed him more capable with no proof. Your drooling has been noted. Cant twist your way out of this one
Abraham Lincoln

>And how exactly is Obama more capable?

I think he's more intelligent, has more experience with cultures other than the US and is more able to work with people who disagree with him ideologically. I think he's already shown that with his choices for inauguration speakers and cabinet picks. Doesn't mean he's guaranteed to do a better job, of course - but I think overall he's more capable than Bush was, and thus has a good chance at it.

These wouldn't be the same people that drove the country into a ditch during the last eight years would it ? If it is, it's OK, take a break. You've earned it.

Here's a bag of pretzels.

I think that's what's so scary about him to me. He is in fact far more capable than Bush however what exactly has Obama accomplished with these abilities throughout his political career? Nothing of significance IMO. His resume is good but certainly not awe inspiring.

I hope for damn sure I'm wrong about him and I am happy he is finally in office.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

>however what exactly has Obama accomplished with these abilities
>throughout his political career? Nothing of significance IMO.

Well, I'd say being elected to both state and US senate is something of an accomplishment, more than I (and more than most) will ever accomplish. He's introduced over 250 bills in the Senate and co-sponsored nearly 1000.

However, I would also agree with you that he has far less experience than most presidential candidates.

My wife and I buy the sheets of magnetic strip and peel the paper off the bumper stickers and stick them to the magnet. Presto, chango. Now your bumper sticker can live on your refridgerator. You can also swap it from vehicle to vehicle. By the way. If I had ever seen that sticker for sale anywhere, I would have gladly put it on my car.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

When I first put you on the back of my car in late 2000, little did I suspect that you'd be there valiantly proclaiming my distaste for Curious George for another eight years. You've been a barometer of the country's mood over the years. After 9/11, I got to feel the wrath of the newly patriotic on a daily basis, one going so far as to actually drive his car off the road in Sunnyvale whilst screaming at me out of his window. If for nothing else, you repaid the $2 I spent on you right there.

But now it's time to retire. With no 44 sworn in today, and no 43 already reduced to the status of a punchline for late night comics, there's no need to be there any more. You can come inside and live in the house, a reminder of a time when America lost it mind, and chose a hapless dullard to look up to.

Whether no 44 realises any promise is to come, but if he can eat a pretzel without falling over, (and I suspect that he can), he's already outperforming his predecessor. I won't leave your space blank for long though. Something with a nice atheist tone to it I think.

I think for the first time in US History, and aircraft has received the call sign: "Dumb Ass One"
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Well, for one example, he doesn't appear to need someone to chew his food for him in case he bangs his head.

My point exactly, when you and your friends turn on Mr. Obama, e-mail me your new suggestions for bumper stickers such as:

"I voted for Obama and all I got was this shitty
president"

"I did'nt know change required real leadership"

"I'm from the Government and I'm here to help"
Well, you may like that one.......

Mr. Obama will learn that leadership is a bitch, I think the reason he and 'ole GW had a smooth transition was that REALITY slapped him in the face.

I wish Obama much luck, he is a smart guy and hopefully he makes smart decisions. Our lives are linked to his success.
Blue Skies

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

These wouldn't be the same people that drove the country into a ditch during the last eight years would it ? If it is, it's OK, take a break. You've earned it.

Here's a bag of pretzels.

You guys are funning.. Subjective opinions make you great forcasters, with not a damn thing to go on.

So, Bush drove us into the ditch. Define for me , specifically if you can, what exactly you mean by that?

Careful, others are paying attention too.

By the way, billvon has already declared Obama more capable so the bar is set for him:D
Abraham Lincoln

Well, for one example, he doesn't appear to need someone to chew his food for him in case he bangs his head.

My point exactly, when you and your friends turn on Mr. Obama, e-mail me your new suggestions for bumper stickers such as:

"I voted for Obama and all I got was this shitty
president"

"I did'nt know change required real leadership"

"I'm from the Government and I'm here to help"
Well, you may like that one.......

Mr. Obama will learn that leadership is a bitch, I think the reason he and 'ole GW had a smooth transition was that REALITY slapped him in the face.

I wish Obama much luck, he is a smart guy and hopefully he makes smart decisions. Our lives are linked to his success.
Blue Skies

You're OK, but your avatar looks like a schlong:D

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG