NickDG

Tommorow We Start Walking the Talk . . .

Left or Right is relative.

I think that American left is still Right of European Centre.

Personally I'm optimistic for the next 4-8 years. The last 8 have been a disaster, in more ways than 1. Think positive, you never know. Things may get better but it wont all be painless because of the legacy.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Personally I'm optimistic for the next 4-8 years. The last 8 have been a disaster, in more ways than 1. Think positive, you never know. Things may get better but it wont all be painless because of the legacy.

I'm keeping a positive outlook myself. I hope he does good things. I just predict my takehome pay will decrease in the form of higher federal taxes and that is when I will get pissed. I cannot afford to pay more for a lot of people sit on there ass and enjoy the free ride. I wish him the best. good luck President Obama.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I just hope, too many don't expect too much, too soon. Our new president has a rough road ahead of him and it would be in our best interests to step-back a bit and give him a chance.

Chuck

People will misunderestimate him and it will define his presidency. One has to think that is part of his strategery and I'm sure he will claim mission accomplished soon.

I think like most former military folks I got the "mission accomplished" thing. It pertained to the ship, the carrier Lincoln, which had just returned from the middle east after successfully completing her mission. The banner had nothing to do with Bush or the war in Iraq overall.

What sucked was the bullshit about Bush needing to fly out in an Intruder and trap on the Lincoln's deck because the ship was out of helicopter range. I was on North Island (Coronado) that very day. And I could actually see the Lincoln sitting just offshore. So they filmed the whole thing with the background toward the seaward side, but if they had flipped it around you would have seen the California coast just a few miles away . . .

In any case in a funny - but mostly sad way - I'm gonna miss him . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP4d4oFKv78&eurl=http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73487&feature=player_embedded

NickD :)

I think like most former military folks I got the "mission accomplished" thing. It pertained to the ship, the carrier Lincoln, which had just returned from the middle east after successfully completing her mission.

I had the same thought but thats not the way it was spun. Oh well lesson learned.

In any case in a funny - but mostly sad way - I'm gonna miss him . . .

Oh my god! :D:DI'm not gonna miss that!
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

There's women's groups grumbling and complaining that he already broke a promise that he doesn't have enough women in his cabinet! He chose two for cryin' out loud! That's that 'now, now, now' bunch you mentioned!:D I think you may be right about the WH, too.
That man has more pressure on him than many of the presidents before him. I think, he's smart enough and will do the right things to the best of his ability. We need to let him do his job.

Chuck

I just hope, too many don't expect too much, too soon. Our new president has a rough road ahead of him and it would be in our best interests to step-back a bit and give him a chance.

Chuck

People will misunderestimate him and it will define his presidency. One has to think that is part of his strategery and I'm sure he will claim mission accomplished soon.

I don't believe, he's egotistical enough. That man has a helluva mess to clean-up before he can ever say 'mission accomplished. He might yell 'calf-rope' before he says 'mission accomplished'.

Chuck

After I get done banging them tomorrow morning, there won't be a an undented cooking pot in my house . . .

And the thought of Bush packing his bags tonight and getting out of our house is making me warm and fuzzy too!

NickD :)

Oh, please be Careful with those - in a few short years you won't be able to afford new ones . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Chuck

I don't believe, he's egotistical enough. That man has a helluva mess to clean-up before he can ever say 'mission accomplished. He might yell 'calf-rope' before he says 'mission accomplished'.

Chuck

There needs to be a tongue in cheek emote on this board, or the ability to add personalized emotes. This one would have looked like GW to get my point across.

Chuck

Chuck

There needs to be a tongue in cheek emote on this board, or the ability to add personalized emotes. This one would have looked like GW to get my point across.

That one just zoomed over my head! I gotcha' now! :$ You're right! We could use one or two more of those little faces on here. :D

Chuck

I'm keeping a positive outlook myself. I hope he does good things. I just predict my takehome pay will decrease in the form of higher federal taxes and that is when I will get pissed. I cannot afford to pay more for a lot of people sit on there ass and enjoy the free ride. I wish him the best. good luck President Obama.

EXCUSE ME..

We the people ARE the United States of America. Your Incompetent in Charge has raided the treasury for YEARS and transferred our wealth into a very select group of firends pockets.

We the People are now 11 T R I L L I O N doallars in DEBT.

Do you REALLLLY think someone else is going to pay for the debts and mistakes that WE the PEOPLE owe????

The trick to fiscal responsibility is not to get in debt in the first place.. when you do.. you have to work VERY HARD to climb the fuck out of debt.
NO ONE else is going to do it for you.

NO ONE else is going to do it for you.

Hmmm - so - what does the government do for the auto industry again?
What did the gov't do for fannie mae?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

but it's a step in the right direction (and away from the RIGHT direction)

How much farther left can he go? I dont think my wallet can handle much more.;)

Left, after eight years of going RIGHT in circles, your wallet is all of the sudden blind-sided by incoming car to you left?

Get a grip! (of your wallet, that is)
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Hmmm - so - what does the government do for the auto industry again?
What did the gov't do for fannie mae?

Bought and paid for by Lobbyist dollars...

THAT needs to be changed.. I think campaign contibutions are bribes and should be outlawed.