rushmc

Why it is different this time around?

>How the money could be used better elsewhere.

"How can he and his supporters justify spending hundreds of millions of dollars with a war in Iraq and an economic depression at home?"

Of course, that was over ten posts ago; you can't be expected to remember that sort of ancient history. Especially with your eyes closed.

Ok, dont answer, I dont care. but that is what you and Amazon have been doing best in this thread
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

broh, that is what they were saying... word for word. Turn on the tv and see for yourself!

ok, maybe not exactly word for word LOL but at least they are talking about it.

Next subject!

Only said it was differnt. Greatly so. Can you read?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Ok, dont answer

You wondered why the media isn't reporting how the money could be used better elsewhere. I gave you an example of how the media IS reporting how it could be better used elsewhere.

So, to answer your question with fewer big words - you are wrong. They did say that.

Marc, lighten up, I was just making a joke... don't make this personal and go questioning my ability to read, ok? Seriously now... the news is talking about it ok, feel better?

broh, that is what they were saying... word for word. Turn on the tv and see for yourself!

ok, maybe not exactly word for word LOL but at least they are talking about it.

Next subject!

Only said it was differnt. Greatly so. Can you read?

I find it interesting that all the closet racists are using the word "nigger" all of a sudden in the context of "jokes". If you want to come out and call Obama a dirty nigger, just man up and do it. Don't be such a pussy, stand by your ignorant convictions.

Get over it. Personally, I judge people by their actions, not their skin color.
We are all engines of karma

I think the coverage is quite telling already. I'm not sure from whence cometh your data about AP's #'s being either false or inflated. Even if they are, the tone of the coverage is far, far different.

Reporting on the LACK of borking is non-existent that I've seen. Media attacks on BHO's nominees have been non-existent as well. Compared with GWB's nominees and inauguration, the bias is quite, quite clear.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I am not a Tailhook member and wouldn't know anything about them. Haven't heard a peep about them since '91-'92ish I'd say - right when they had their big scandal, whenever that was. Over 15 years ago.

I could care less what anybody in any of my wardrooms looked like - and none looked like me. There were minorities in all of them. And women as well. Your bullshit insinuations and projections just don't work on me. Going to have to try to face facts...but that's just not a fun thing for you, apparently.

But, one can't deny that you've admitted your support of racial discrimination. Standout you are. So many of your fellow left wingers are cowards who can't state that which they support. That's one fact you've faced well.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Reporting on the LACK of borking is non-existent that I've seen. Media attacks on BHO's nominees have been non-existent as well. Compared with GWB's nominees and inauguration, the bias is quite, quite clear.

Gee I know you find it amazing but almost all of his nominees have been vetted long ago for other jobs... and they are actually qualified unlike so many that your favorite Incompetent in Chief put forth.. Myers.. Gonzalez come to mind Not to mention the plethora of Religious law school idealogs that were hired illegally by the justice deptartment... but we got used to seeing the trash like that in the Bush Administration.

I love it when your fantasy world.. where there is no discrimination in the military... is put out there for all to see. I bet you would get a FAR different picture from the women in the Navy( the very few that make it thru the bullshit in the first place).. than that of the stuff you are shoveling out. It is always for those who are in a position of being discriminators to NOT see what those who are being discriminated against see and experience.

It has gotten better since I was in., but its STILL a big problem which belies yoiur claims...

www.nps.edu/Academics/GSBPP/wrkfc08files/ppts/Rosenfeld-Newell-wfconf-diversity-May-08.ppt

There are your facts Vinny. Remember now I have met you more than once and have watched you on the boards and what you have posted now for YEARS.

You were speaking of facts...you posted a power point that did a statistical breakdown of responses to a survey with a 24% response rate. If mere accusation is your burden of proof, then I accuse you of being a Republican and having voted for Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush, Dole, and Bush again. Since I just proved - under your standard of evidence - that you're a Rush Limbaugh loving right winger, may we expect to see the bumper sticker on your vehicle tomorrow? LMFAO.

Congratulations again on admitting your support of racial discrimination. You are indeed a standout among your cohorts.

:D

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I did vote for Nixon and I did vote for Reagan once.. but that has been posted before. Your positions that you have posted PROVE where you stand on the political spectrum.. Libertarian my ass... Yeah.. you fti firmly in with the GOP and the policies that have tanked our economy and taken us to an unecessary war. If you were all the things you claim to be.. as far as your suppsed support for equality.. you would be in perhaps the .005% of those in the Navy officer class who actually would allow women into any role they could qualify for. Its a rare officer indeed ... that would support that... and I have yet to meet one that does not discriminate on the basis of gender for some jobs... and against those whose orientation is not heterosexual.... but ath is for the "good of the Navy" right?

>Ok, dont answer

You wondered why the media isn't reporting how the money could be used better elsewhere. I gave you an example of how the media IS reporting how it could be better used elsewhere.

So, to answer your question with fewer big words - you are wrong. They did say that.

So, "war in Iraq and a recession at home" is equivalent to the laundry list of what Bush's inauguration could have bought that was bandied about in '04?

Interesting set of balance scales you have there, Mr. Engineer.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You apparently don't know many Naval officers - and certainly not as many as I do. Your own innate prejudices shine through once more.

But prejudice is the modus operandus of racial discrimination supporters, such as yourself!

WRT my own political leanings - another topic change because you don't want to discuss the bias of your beloved media - as I've stated many times before:

- I support legalization of drugs
- I do not support a ban on early term abortions, though I disagree with them
- I do not support State or Federal ammendments against gay marriage
- I did not support the end of 'double taxation' on corporate profits

Among many other things, the above don't do much to ingratiate me with Republicans. If you were up to facing facts, you'd realize that. I take it you're reveling in my compliments - and I do compliment you - on your admission of supporting racial discrimination. What a fine standout you are amongst your fellow affirmative action supporters!

You really should get a firmer grasp on economics. The Economist and the WSJ are excellent reading. A most worthwhile investment. Your hero, BHO, is on the cover of the latest issue.

:D

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Well bully for you... but you still didnt anwser the question. and if you reread the thread I did anwswer you and Marc.. BUT you have to actually read.

Yes I support affirmative action.. tough fucking shit. As I said before.. those who are disriminated against by affirmative action.. can recover from it far more easily.. than the alternative racist actions of an oppressive majority did for centuries. I grew up in those times..I remember the white only signs and if not for affirmative action... America would still look like it did in the 1950's. There are plenty of your fellow americans that would revel in that.. and that is my point. I am not one who would abide for that for an instant. Dont EVER try to paint me as a racist Vinny you are way off base with that sort of very personal attack.

There are plenty of your fellow americans that would revel in that.. and that is my point.

Got a cite for that, or is that more of your telepathy?

I am not one who would abide for that for an instant. Dont EVER try to paint me as a racist Vinny you are way off base with that sort of very personal attack.

But yet, it's just fine for you to accuse HIM of it for daring to support the person best qualified rather than the politically correct quota choice.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hey.. I pointed out who is the usual people who support that. the C oc CC are really into it.. you know.. the uptown clan types.. the good ole boys are into it... so when the satin seems to be pokin out from under the pant leg...

I still dont have a straight answer on those other points of discrimination... that you guys support.

Hey.. I pointed out who is the usual people who support that. the C oc CC are really into it.. you know.. the uptown clan types.. the good ole boys are into it... so when the satin seems to be pokin out from under the pant leg...

Then you need to quit playing the victim when Vinnie does the same to you - that street runs both ways.

I still dont have a straight answer on those other points of discrimination... that you guys support.

Perhaps you can explain how hiring the best qualified person, REGARDLESS of race, color or creed equates to 'discrimination' - I'd really like to see the illogic contained within.

As I recall, the phrase is 'equal OPPORTUNITY', not the 'equal OUTCOME' that the Dems have perverted it into.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I support ANY american to serve in ANY capacity in our military and in our government. Set a standard to which those seeking entry are to meet and I dont care if they are white brown black or green or if they have a swinging dick or a non swinging little one or doint have one at all.

Period.. no exceptions. Seems you guys are the ones fighting equal opportunity now aren't you.

I support ANY american to serve in ANY capacity in our military and in our government. Set a standard to which those seeking entry are to meet and I dont care if they are white brown black or green or if they have a swinging dick or a non swinging little one or doint have one at all.

Period.. no exceptions. Seems you guys are the ones fighting equal opportunity now aren't you.

Yes I support affirmative action.. tough fucking shit. As I said before.. those who are discriminated against by affirmative action.. can recover from it far more easily..

Those two statements together tell me:

All are equal. Some are more equal than others.

Seems you guys are the ones fighting equal opportunity now aren't you.

Wrong - WE (Vinnie and my viewpoint) are supporting equal opportunity and fighting equal outcome, as I stated above.

Set a standard to which those seeking entry are to meet and I dont care if they are white brown black or green or if they have a swinging dick or a non swinging little one or doint have one at all.

That is NOT what you were supporting above - make up your mind!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Clearly not being covered.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Inauguration/story?id=6665946&page=1

The actual swearing-in ceremony will cost $1.24 million, according to Carole Florman, spokeswoman for the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies.

The federal government estimates that it will spend roughly $49 million on the inaugural weekend. Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland have requested another $75 million from the federal government to help pay for their share of police, fire and medical services.

And then there is the party bill.

"We have a budget of roughly $45 million, maybe a little bit more," said Linda Douglass, spokeswoman for the inaugural committee.

That's more than the $42.3 million in private funds spent by President Bush's committee in 2005 or the $33 million spent for Bill Clinton's first inaugural in 1993.

Among the expenses: a Bruce Springsteen concert, the parade, large-screen TV rentals for all-free viewing on the national Mall, $700,000 to the Smithsonian Institution to stay open and, of course, the balls, including three that are being pitched as free or low cost for the public.

But there are plenty of rich donors willing to pick up the tab.

"They are not the $20 and $50 donors who helped propel Obama through Election Day," said Massie Ritsch, communications director for the Center for Responsive Politics. "These are people giving mostly $50,000 apiece. They tend to be corporate executives, celebrities, the elite of the elite."

The biggest group of donors were none other than the recently bailed-out Wall Street executives and employees.

"The finance sector is well represented, despite its recent troubles," Ritsch said. "Those who worked in finance still managed to pull together nearly $7 million for the inauguration."

The donors will get some of the best seats in the house for the inauguration, as well as admittance to some of the best balls and other events.

"I don't think that they're going to get a whole lot of face time with the new president himself," Ritsch said, "but they are certainly establishing themselves from day one as his biggest financial supporters. And if there's something they need or to tell him down the road, they will have an easier time doing that than everyone else."

Microsoft CEO Steven Ballmer and his wife, Connie, each gave $50,000. So did Microsoft chairman and co-founder Bill Gates and his wife, Melinda.

DreamWorks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg and his wife, Marilyn, each gave $50,000. Filmmaker and DreamWorks co-founder Steven Spielberg and his wife, Kate, both also gave $50,000. And DreamWorks employees gave a total of $275,000.

Billionaire investor George Soros and his family contributed $250,000 to the inauguration, and Google co-founder Larry Page and CEO Eric Schmidt each donated $25,000.

Other big-name donors who gave $50,000 include filmmaker George Lucas, artist Dale Chihuly, Los Angeles Dodgers President Jamie McCourt. Citigroup managing director Raymond J. McGuire; Oracle President Charles E. Phillips Jr.; actresses Halle Berry and Sharon Stone; and Melvin Simon, co-founder of Simon Property Group, the largest mall owner in the United States.

Despite all the donations, Obama's team has made donations much more restrictive than in the past.

Obama capped donations at $50,000 per person, which is still more than 10 times what individuals could give to his campaign, but a lot less than the $250,000 cap President Bush had at his last inauguration. Contributions from corporations, labor unions, political action committees and registered lobbyists are not being accepted by Obama.

For Bill Clinton's second inaugural in 1997, contributions were capped to $100. But that committee had some leftover money from the previous inauguration and charged people up to $3,000 for inaugural tickets.

"We have the broadest fundraising restrictions in inaugural history," Douglas said.

The inauguration team is also posting all donations of $200 or more on the Internet almost as quickly as they are coming in. The law only requires it to disclose the information 90 days after the actual swearing-in.

In a letter to members of Congress, the governors of Maryland and Virginia, and the mayor of Washington said that their combined costs could exceed $75 million. That's on top of the $49 million the federal government is spending, again mostly for security.

>So, "war in Iraq and a recession at home" is equivalent to the laundry
>list of what Bush's inauguration could have bought that was bandied
>about in '04?

I didn't claim that.

Marc asked why the media wasn't reporting how the money could be used better elsewhere. I showed him that they were in fact reporting how the money could be used better elsewhere.

In both cases, the media reported on the expenses of the inaugurations. In both cases, the pundits screamed bloody murder when the guy on "the other side" spent too much money. In both cases, the more partisan types ignored their side screaming for blood, and became indignant when the other side did the same thing.

Ummm, what about the expenses for GW's farewell world tour ? The shoe throwing incident pretty much proved what a waste of taxpayer's money that was.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"