timber

Who parachuted 3million to the Somali Pirates

Nice job on piloting the canopy on that oil tanker!! Next time can you land it at our DZ so I can buy a jumpship! If pirating can bring these thugs this kind of payoff :because the worlds most powerful Navies are run by a bunch of politically correct pussies lets go to work!!

I don't know how "paid", but that canopy is being remotely controlled.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1110585/Pictured-The-moment-3million-ransom-parachuted-Somali-pirates.html
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Another question is "who capsized the get away boat?"

The weather was so terrible that it blew the boat over, then sank it.

Look at the pics of the landing of the ransom. That really doesn't look "so terrible." I wonder how long did the pirates take to leave? Why would they choose to leave a safe location that they had been on for months and had what seemed to be a rapport with the hostages in the middle of "terrible" weather?

It really sounds to me like it was either some truly ignorant pirates (which is possible) or a "plausible" cover story

It really sounds to me like it was either some truly ignorant pirates (which is possible) or a "plausible" cover story

I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about.

The worst things happen at sea you know. ;)
"User assumes all risk"

I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about.

The worst things happen at sea you know. ;)

Yes... And it's amazing how choppy an apparently calm sea can become when somebody starts lobbing 4"-HE shells into it!:ph34r:

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I'm glad the bastards drowned. Hopefully a similar fate awaits other pirates.

Lord Nelson had the right idea with pirates when he bombarded the Dey of Algiers. :S

I dunno. Did the money go down the drain, too? In a weird way, it might have been better if it circulalted in the economy. Oh, well, as pirates say, "Arrrrh!"

They were in such a hurry to get home and spend it that they couldn't wait until the sea conditions were safe. Doh!

Did the money go down the drain, too? In a weird way, it might have been better if it circulalted in the economy.

How so? That would just demonstrate the profit available in piracy, and encourage more of it.

I'm in favor of paying the ransom to free the boat and crew, and then when the pirates depart, an Apache helicopter appears and blows the pirates to smithereens before they get back to their shoreline.

A Marine amphibious force is on the way to patrol that sea lane.

We'll soon have liberals crying about what horrible bullies we are for picking on the poor little pirates.

I'm in favor of paying the ransom to free the boat and crew, and then when the pirates depart, an Apache helicopter appears and blows the pirates to smithereens before they get back to their shoreline.

Why just one Apache?[:/]

:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Why just one Apache?[:/]

:ph34r:

Why waste the fuel sending more than one??
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I'm in favor of paying the ransom to free the boat and crew, and then when the pirates depart, an Apache helicopter appears and blows the pirates to smithereens before they get back to their shoreline....

We'll soon have liberals crying about what horrible bullies we are for picking on the poor little pirates.

As I said earlier, the main deck gun shells are far cheaper, safer to deliver, sufficiently accurate, and much more anonymous.:)
The ransom, once paid is properly considered lost. What's happened is that these pirates won't have the pleasure of spending it.B|

Thus, navies work to stamp out Piracy as a profitable career the same way navies always have.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I dont buy that, my neighbours brothers second cousins sister said the DB Cooper Jr was in the container.
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was

Lord Nelson had the right idea with pirates when he bombarded the Dey of Algiers.

:S

Hang them in the harbors and leave them for the crows - just like in days of olde.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Lord Nelson had the right idea with pirates when he bombarded the Dey of Algiers.

Hang them in the harbors and leave them for the crows - just like in days of olde.

There's actually a proposal now to take the fight to the pirates - on their home bases. Because as long as they are safe there, they'll continue to raid shipping forever. And it takes an inordinate amount of protection, to cover a lot of open sea, when they get to freely choose when and where to attack. So the ultimate solution is to attack the pirates at home and wipe them out. Wipe out their nests, and then you don't have to worry about the open sea anymore.

How many people here are willing to approve of that strategy?

Another question is "who capsized the get away boat?"

The weather was so terrible that it blew the boat over, then sank it.

Look at the pics of the landing of the ransom. That really doesn't look "so terrible." I wonder how long did the pirates take to leave? Why would they choose to leave a safe location that they had been on for months and had what seemed to be a rapport with the hostages in the middle of "terrible" weather?

I wouldn't have thought they would do a drop in winds so bad that it would blow a boat over. It would have made spotting extremely difficult.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.