normiss

Awesome public use of a gun!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Tee...homeowner.html

A father/son team. Son was shot by the homeowner.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

You never know who's carrying....;)B|

Apparently BART police shouldn't. A couple different videos have surfaced of a not-so awesome use of a gun...a cop shooting an unarmed man in the back, killing him while he was face down on the ground. [:/]

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

What would the maximum sentance have been for th guy who ended up dead if he had been apprehended instead of killed?

I assume the answer is not the death sentance. Is it therefore justifiable for a bystander to administer his own punishment, therefore becoming judge, jury and executioner? IMHO no.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

What would the maximum sentance have been for th guy who ended up dead if he had been apprehended instead of killed?

I assume the answer is not the death sentance. Is it therefore justifiable for a bystander to administer his own punishment, therefore becoming judge, jury and executioner? IMHO no.

That's your opinion. Mine is that the man prevented grave injury or death to an innocent and possibly himself. Is it "justifiable" for the criminal to be able to beat the clerk to death, too?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So the victim should just take the beating and hope the perp doesnt beat his to death?
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Tee...homeowner.html

A father/son team. Son was shot by the homeowner.

That link didn't work but i found the story you were referring to.

Here

It would be interesting to see the crime stats related to home break ins and invasions for a few year prior to the law up to a couple of years from now. Think there will be any difference?

(Hint, Florida)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

At what point are you assuming the perpetrator would have stopped beating the victim? Before or after death? And why should the shooter assume the same thing?

When you apply violence to any particular situation, you should expect to receive it in return. This guy did, and while I'd prefer he have not brought this upon the victim and himself, I'm fine with how things turned out.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

There have been 2 similar incidents in Florida in the past couple of weeks. An 80 year old guy pulled a gun from under a sofa cushion and chased 2 armed home invaders from his house. A lady was being robbed at gun point using an ATM machine near a mall, another shopper saw what was happening and pulled his own (legally carried) pistol and shot 1 of the perps and the other 2 ran off. I for one am glad to see people fighting back maybe it will make some of these people think twice before committing a criminal act.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Would it have been justifiable for the woman to shoot and kill the attacker??
F LORIDA!

That's your opinion. Mine is that the man prevented grave injury or death to an innocent and possibly himself. Is it "justifiable" for the criminal to be able to beat the clerk to death, too?

Right on. I am glad to see that the man made well aimed shots. I wish I could have been there to witness it myslef. He helped someone out who works hard and possibly makes low wages as a store clerk. They could have had children, and how bad would that have been if Mom/Dad couldnt make it home because someone took their life, or SAVED it!!! This is something to rejoice about...not sit around and analyze why the robber should be alive, instead of dead. Thats for the court system to rule out. He acted within limits, and he was lawfully correct. Why do we care so much for the criminals these days?

What would the maximum sentance have been for th guy who ended up dead if he had been apprehended instead of killed? I assume the answer is not the death sentance.

You are assuming he did not continue to attack and ended up killing the victim.

Is it therefore justifiable for a bystander to administer his own punishment, therefore becoming judge, jury and executioner? IMHO no.

You are confusing stopping the crime, and trying and punishing the culprit.

Should anyone be judge, jury, and executioner? No, of course not. But that is not even close to what happened here. If he had chased the guy down and shot him...Then your argument might have merit.

The shooter used violence against an attacker to stop the attacker from continuing to hurt an innocent.

BIG difference between revenge/administering punishment...ect and stopping a violent attack.

If it was your Mom/GF/Wife/Child that was being beaten...Would you want the shooter to do nothing, or take the shot?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Right on. I am glad to see that the man made well aimed shots. I wish I could have been there to witness it myslef. He helped someone out who works hard and possibly makes low wages as a store clerk. They could have had children, and how bad would that have been if Mom/Dad couldnt make it home because someone took their life, or SAVED it!!! This is something to rejoice about...not sit around and analyze why the robber should be alive, instead of dead. Thats for the court system to rule out. He acted within limits, and he was lawfully correct. Why do we care so much for the criminals these days?

+1
We are all engines of karma

"They" just plain think differently to some of us - you're not going to change "their" minds[:/]

Thank God for this;)

We will bring you too the light some day:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Shoot him in the leg?!?!?

You need to quit watching movies.

If the situation warrents deadly force... You use deadly force, not some imaginary John Wayne movie move.

That kind of comment shows that the speaker has no clue about firearms.

And another:

The men, both in their mid-20s, kicked open the door at a house in the 100 block of Horace Street around 11:30 p.m. and entered, said San Antonio Police Sgt. John Slaughter. A resident in the home fired several rounds at the intruders with a handgun.

One of the intruders, who was armed, collapsed on the sidewalk outside the house, where he was pronounced dead. The other intruder was critically injured and transported to University Hospital.

The homeowner was unharmed, Slaughter said.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Man_shoots_home_invaders_killing_1.html