micro

Caroline Palin / Sarah Kennedy

Grossly overstating? No, not hardly. True there is negative press about CK, but it hasn't nearly reached the vitriolic level as did the SP stuff. Not even close. Why? B/c she's a Kennedy and she's a democrat. While it is a little surprising to see the press eat one of it's own darlings, so to speak, it will not rise to the same level. Just b/c there is some criticism out there and some mockery of the embarassment that is the CK "campaign," we will not see the complete saturation of hate filled rhetoric from the media as we did w/ Palin. In part this is b/c it's just a senate seat. But let's be honest. It's also because she's a Kennedy and she's a democrat and she espouses leftist ideologies.

I find it uproariously funny that you would even TRY to compare Bible Spice and Caroline. She is far more intelligent, far more educated, far more accomplished and far more cosmopolitan and well traveled than your poster child for the religious wrong will EVER even pretend to be.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I find it incredibly sad how you can manage to try and be so incredibly insulting and ugly towards anyone whose views you don't agree with, so frequently and with such vigor. It's just beyond me why anyone would be this way.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Palin was running to be my vice president. Kennedy is not trying to be appointed as my senator. I consider the difference significant. (I'll note that the brief attention I've given to the drama left me with the impression Kennedy isn't particularly qualified for the job).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You're being unfair. Palin has much better hooters.

I will say this, though. It may be true (and I believe it is true) that CK has better raw credentials in terms of intelligence and education than SP does. But Palin wasn't just handed her public offices as a matter of presumed birthright entitlement - she did the work to get her party's nominations for mayor and governor, and she was elected to those offices by The People. I find CK's attempt to make her first foray into public office not a lower office, but the US Senate, and not via election, but via appointment, to be galling. It offends me.

This is where I stand.

CK is intellectually qualified to be a Senator. She's particularly versed on constitutional law, which I would count as important right now. But she has virtually no political skills, and in a state the size of New York, there must be countless more that are both intelligent and experienced. In a smaller state (ie, Alaska), she might be a sound selection.

OTOH, Palin's experience as a politician is still pretty mediocre when you're looking at the potentials in New York. And she's ignorant as a rock.

The difference in coverage is no shock - if elected, Palin was in a 4 year slot to be the successor to leadership of the western world. CK is in a two year slot to be a junior senator before having to get reelected. She represents 1/58th of 1/2th of the US government. (1/100 of 1/3 if you treat all Senators equally, as well as all branches)

You raise extremely good points. I don't doubt one bit that CK has a sharp mind. While I haven't read her books on Constitutional Law (forgive me, that sort of thing just isn't my bag), word is she's sharp. However, where I disagree with you is your patent dismissal of SP. She's far from ignorant and that is precisely my point. The media used her public appearances and lack of speaking skills to paint her as a back woods, trailer trashy chawbacon while Ms. Kennedy sounds exactly the same as her in public but is not so swiftly discredited. Both women have made notable accomplishments in their careers that that no decerebrate yokel could have made.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Goes with the territory I guess... I like to give as I and so many others have recieved.

Suck it up cupcake.

I have nothing to suck up, except a little around my midsection. I'm solid in my beliefs and convictions. Your remarks do nothing to me.

Your remarks do however bring a level of denegration to public discourse that a) reflect badly on yourself and b) promote an unpleasant environment where constructive debate is thwarted. To blame your behavior on just returning what was once given is bullshit. Palin never did anything to you so why treat her with such disdain?

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Palin never did anything to you so why treat her with such disdain?

Perhaps because I live in the REAL Ameirca that she discounts so easily.

praising small towns as "the real America" and the "pro-America areas of this great nation"

OOPS you forgot about that.... Face it Bible Spice is exceedingly derisive.. just returing the favor.

Why would you assume that I am a "traveler on the fringe right"? Just because I don't agree with you on something? Why do you assume these things about anybody? Is everyone who disagrees with you a radical right-wing Christian Crusader? My reasons for any Kennedy being in the bottom 10% have nothing to do with political party.

Ye shall know them by their words.

Interesting justification. since you like to collect and shoot firearms we could conclude that you yourself are a right-wing extremist who follows instep with all the rest of the neo-cons.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

>but it hasn't nearly reached the vitriolic level as did the SP stuff.

Caroline Kennedy “Fool of the Week” For Not Voting and Refusing To Disclose Financial Records
December 25th, 2008
by Glenn Church in Caroline Kennedy
=================================
Hand Caroline “Another incompetent” Kennedy, Hillary’s seat?

By Kevin Collins

Democrats don’t worry about competence when they fill positions of power.

Democrats are like the jerk at a baseball game who watches an outfielder make a running driving over the shoulder catch, and tells his friends “I could do that, anybody could do that!”
=================================

Dems embrace dynasty politics
By CHARLES MAHTESIAN

12/17/08 4:31 AM EST

The U.S. Senate could end up looking like an American version of the House of Lords.

Barack Obama's path to the presidency included beating what had been one of the nation's most powerful families. But, in an unusual twist, his election last month is helping accelerate the trend toward dynasty politics.

. . .

“Democrats seem to lack a common man who can just win a good, old-fashioned election,” said Rep. Tom Reynolds (R-N.Y.), the former chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee. “They’ve got seat-warmers, seat-sellers and the making of pillows for the seats of royalty. No wonder the public wonders what’s going on in Washington.”
==================================

>we will not see the complete saturation of hate filled rhetoric from the
>media as we did w/ Palin.

Right. It will be about 93% less, because New York represents only 7% of the population of the United States.

Interesting justification. since you like to collect and shoot firearms we could conclude that you yourself are a right-wing extremist who follows instep with all the rest of the neo-cons.

Gee and here I thought it was the right of all americans to own guns and shoot them( unless you are a criminal or a nutter)..... there is that pesky ole constitution thang out there.... Seems the red koolaid drinkers out there dont deem anyone but themselves endowed with patriotism and rights:S:S

When yall are listening to the words.. perhaps you might want to listen to all of em.

Your remarks do however bring a level of denegration to public discourse that a) reflect badly on yourself and b) promote an unpleasant environment where constructive debate is thwarted.

You could have said the exact same thing to Palin during the campaign.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Gee and here I thought it was the right of all americans to own guns and shoot them( unless you are a criminal or a nutter)..... there is that pesky ole constitution thang out there.... Seems the red koolaid drinkers out there dont deem anyone but themselves endowed with patriotism and rights:S:S

When yall are listening to the words.. perhaps you might want to listen to all of em.

Wow..talk about a strawman!

We do have that right. We also have the right to our opinion about who should be a senator, representative, etc. Exercising either right does not mean that person is of any particular political persuasion. If you feel it does, then please explain.
HAMMER:

However, where I disagree with you is your patent dismissal of SP. She's far from ignorant and that is precisely my point. The media used her public appearances and lack of speaking skills to paint her as a back woods, trailer trashy chawbacon while Ms. Kennedy sounds exactly the same as her in public but is not so swiftly discredited. Both women have made notable accomplishments in their careers that that no decerebrate yokel could have made.

SP may be intelligent, but there's no doubt that she's seen very little of the world - hence, ignorant. The whole 'can see Russia from here' certainly didn't help. And the fact remains that running the state of Alaska is easy to do - thanks to oil taxes, it doesn't have tax or revenue issues that every other state (and the feds) need to deal with.

Because she's running for a seat on the Senate,...

Excuse me? She is lobbying for a seat in the Senate. The concept of the Governor appointing someone who has never stood for public office in her life is repugnant.

Kinda like the electoral college being repugnant eh?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Because she's running for a seat on the Senate,...

Excuse me? She is lobbying for a seat in the Senate. The concept of the Governor appointing someone who has never stood for public office in her life is repugnant.

Kinda like the electoral college being repugnant eh?

They're each repugnant.

We do have that right. We also have the right to our opinion about who should be a senator, representative, etc. Exercising either right does not mean that person is of any particular political persuasion. If you feel it does, then please explain.

Forums: Community: Speakers Corner:

Right back at you from 180 degrees...

and I think Bible Spice would make a fine mayor... OR even the govenor in her very low population state.. if she fools enough of the people some of the time. ( my experience is there are a LOT of very lonely very ODD men in Alaska who would vote for a pretty face over substance in a heartbeat)

A 72 year old degraded heatbeat away from being the leader of the free world... you gotta be shittin me. I want someone with more than two IQ digits rubbing together as MY leader.

That is MY opinion... too fucking bad if you dont like it.

Forums: Community: Speakers Corner:

Right back at you from 180 degrees...

and I think Bible Spice would make a fine mayor... OR even the govenor in her very low population state.. if she fools enough of the people some of the time. ( my experience is there are a LOT of very lonely very ODD men in Alaska who would vote for a pretty face over substance in a heartbeat)

A 72 year old degraded heatbeat away from being the leader of the free world... you gotta be shittin me. I want someone with more than two IQ digits rubbing together as MY leader.

That is MY opinion... too fucking bad if you dont like it.

What the HELL are you talking about???? Did I ever mention Sarah Palin? I exercise my right to express my opion of CK possibly getting appointed to the Senate and you start accusing me of being some right-wing radical, etc. It is obvious you have a problem with people whose opinions don't match yours 100%.
And, as you said, if you don't like my opinion, too fucking bad. You talk as if your opinion is more valuable than someone else's.
HAMMER:

However, where I disagree with you is your patent dismissal of SP. She's far from ignorant and that is precisely my point.

I'll nitpick this point a bit, and I promise to try to be fair. I think SP's intelligence is basically average-average; no worse, but no better. But in terms of fund of knowledge of facts, she's well below average for a 50-something college grad who's Governor of a state. Personally, I think that there's a certain level of government at or above which should be filled by mostly extraordinary people. Maybe mayor of a town is below that line, but US Senator or Governor of a state are 2 such positions. Certainly President or President-in-Waiting are. I don't think Palin's smarts rise to that level.

I do think CK's intelligence, fund of knowledge and ability to think and write analytically rise to that level. But I have no idea whether her administrative or governmental abilities do. Look at Jimmy Carter: extraordinary mind and morals; ineffectual President. Stepping CK right into the US Senate, with neither a relevant track record to speak of, nor the mandate of the voters, would be an ethical travesty.

You want some fromage with all the whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine????

Sweety, you're the one whining. You whined about my opinion, you whined about what think is my political persuasion, and you whine about Sarah Palin, who wasn't even mentioned by me in my post. I'm starting to get the impression that you aren't here to contribute to any discussion, but rather to troll and see how far you can push people.
HAMMER:

Hey its you guys who are bitching and whining about CK.... and its you guys who are extolling the virtues of Bible Spice... If you include a

some text

then I have to assume you meant to comment about that which is in the reply to...

:S:S:S:S

And when the HATE level goes thru the roof at the very mention of a Kennedy name.... I usually expect to find Vinny there along with the rest of the far right posters who hate any and every Kennedy as they have been taught to all of their lives....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Hey its you guys who are bitching and whining about CK.... and its you guys who are extolling the virtues of Bible Spice... If you include a

some text

then I have to assume you meant to comment about that which is in the reply to...

:S:S:S:S

And when the HATE level goes thru the roof at the very mention of a Kennedy name.... I usually expect to find Vinny there along with the rest of the far right posters who hate any and every Kennedy as they have been taught to all of their lives....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I repeat the question...What the hell are you talking about??? You are taking off on tangents that are off of tangents that are off of tangents. The posts you are making are just so much gibberish I don't know if anyone can make sense of them.
I don't hate Kennedys, I don't idolize SP (or even like her for that matter) or any of the other things you are accusing me of.
Maybe all your posters of Bill Clinton are keeping you from seeing the writing on the wall...the writing that says PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO DISAGREE WITH YOU and the writing that says THESE PEOPLE AREN'T ALL RADICAL RIGHT-WINGERS!
HAMMER:

QUACK

QUACK

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3439161#3439161

Its a QUACKIN and a WADDLIN..... It must be a what.... a

Your true colors are showing very well now.

The only thing I mentioned about the Kennedys in that post was, "She is also a Kennedy which, in my mind as well as many others, makes her among the bottom 10% of prospctive appointees."
If you would, show us all where you think I confered hatred toward them? You assumed I hate them because that is what you want to see in people who don't agree with you.
Keep on trollin'.

MOOSE:ph34r:

HAMMER: