micro

Caroline Palin / Sarah Kennedy

I uh... you know... well uh.... and NAFTA.... you know.... uh...

How bad will Ms. Kennedy be busted on, villified, crucified, hung out to dry, b/c of her apparent inability to form coherent thoughts in public?

As badly as Ms. Palin? Probably not...

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I uh... you know... well uh.... and NAFTA.... you know.... uh...

How bad will Ms. Kennedy be busted on b/c of her apparent inability to form coherent thoughts in public?

Both are pretty bad. They need to stick to their regular jobs. To bad ALL the fuckers are going to rear their ugly heads in 2010/12. [:/]
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Why on earth should she be?

Potential senator Vs potential Vice President during an election campaign. Which one do you think the media would give more coverage to?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You're grossly over-stating the tired, old "liberal media conspiracy" slogan on this one. Here are just a sampling of fairly negative articles about Caroline Kennedy over the past 2 weeks from NPR, The New York Times, CBS News, The NY Daily News, The Huffington Post, Newsday and the LA Times.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98325320

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/24/nyregion/24kennedy.html?scp=5&sq=caroline%20kennedy&st=cse

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/12/29/2008-12-29_caroline_kennedy_no_whiz_with_words-1.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/22/politics/politico/main4683467.shtml?source=mostpop_story

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/19/caroline-kennedys-spotty_n_152281.html

http://www.newsday.com/iphone/ny-pokennedy1222,0,6629288.story

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/12/caroline-kenn-3.html

By the way, the Daily News article is entitled,
Caroline Kennedy no whiz with words
. The LA Times piece is entitled First, by golly, Sarah Palin; now, you know, Caroline Kennedy.

Edit: Google this search:
( "Caroline Kennedy" + "you know" [w/i past 24 hrs] )
The press is all over it - and her.

Grossly overstating? No, not hardly. True there is negative press about CK, but it hasn't nearly reached the vitriolic level as did the SP stuff. Not even close. Why? B/c she's a Kennedy and she's a democrat. While it is a little surprising to see the press eat one of it's own darlings, so to speak, it will not rise to the same level. Just b/c there is some criticism out there and some mockery of the embarassment that is the CK "campaign," we will not see the complete saturation of hate filled rhetoric from the media as we did w/ Palin. In part this is b/c it's just a senate seat. But let's be honest. It's also because she's a Kennedy and she's a democrat and she espouses leftist ideologies.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Seems to me that you're pretty much saying that you already feel what you feel; and evidence be damned, you're sticking to your story. Sorry, but I don't think that kind of preaching persuades anyone but one's own choir.

By the way, now that you mention it, I don't recall hearing or reading much commentary in the conservative press (e.g., FoxNews, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Times, etc.) slamming Bristol Palin as the poster child for failed, hypocritical family values regarding premarital sex.

True there is negative press about CK, but it hasn't nearly reached the vitriolic level as did the SP stuff. Not even close. Why? B/c she's a Kennedy and she's a democrat.Because she's running for a seat on the Senate, not for Vice President, and Presidential races always get a LOT more press than races for more minor offices

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

we will not see the complete saturation of hate filled rhetoric from the media as we did w/ Palin. In part this is b/c it's just a senate seat.

It is because it's just a senate seat.

Have any poorly speechifying Republican Senators had the "complete saturation of hate filled rhetoric from the media as we did w/ Palin"?

No?

There you go then.:S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Grossly overstating? No, not hardly. True there is negative press about CK, but it hasn't nearly reached the vitriolic level as did the SP stuff. Not even close. Why? B/c she's a Kennedy and she's a democrat. While it is a little surprising to see the press eat one of it's own darlings, so to speak, it will not rise to the same level. Just b/c there is some criticism out there and some mockery of the embarassment that is the CK "campaign," we will not see the complete saturation of hate filled rhetoric from the media as we did w/ Palin. In part this is b/c it's just a senate seat. But let's be honest. It's also because she's a Kennedy and she's a democrat and she espouses leftist ideologies.

I find it uproariously funny that you would even TRY to compare Bible Spice and Caroline. She is far more intelligent, far more educated, far more accomplished and far more cosmopolitan and well traveled than your poster child for the religious wrong will EVER even pretend to be.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're being unfair. Palin has much better hooters.

I will say this, though. It may be true (and I believe it is true) that CK has better raw credentials in terms of intelligence and education than SP does. But Palin wasn't just handed her public offices as a matter of presumed birthright entitlement - she did the work to get her party's nominations for mayor and governor, and she was elected to those offices by The People. I find CK's attempt to make her first foray into public office not a lower office, but the US Senate, and not via election, but via appointment, to be galling. It offends me.

I find it uproariously funny that you would even TRY to compare Bible Spice and Caroline. She is far more intelligent, far more educated, far more accomplished and far more cosmopolitan and well traveled than your poster child for the religious wrong will EVER even pretend to be.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

She is also a Kennedy which, in my mind as well as many others, makes her among the bottom 10% of prospctive appointees.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

She is also a Kennedy which, in my mind as well as many others, makes her among the bottom 10% of prospctive appointees

Of COURSE it does.

Most of us here realize that the prejudice of you and your fellow travelers on the fringe right is unbounded in vehement vitriolic hate for any Kennedy.

She is also a Kennedy which, in my mind as well as many others, makes her among the bottom 10% of prospctive appointees.

Well, now, that's unfair to the other extreme. She should be judged on her merits, period. Her name ought to make her no more qualified than others, but no less so, either.

She is also a Kennedy which, in my mind as well as many others, makes her among the bottom 10% of prospctive appointees

Of COURSE it does.

Most of us here realize that the prejudice of you and your fellow travelers on the fringe right is unbounded in vehement vitriolic hate for any Kennedy.

Why would you assume that I am a "traveler on the fringe right"? Just because I don't agree with you on something? Why do you assume these things about anybody? Is everyone who disagrees with you a radical right-wing Christian Crusader? My reasons for any Kennedy being in the bottom 10% have nothing to do with political party.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Why would you assume that I am a "traveler on the fringe right"? Just because I don't agree with you on something? Why do you assume these things about anybody? Is everyone who disagrees with you a radical right-wing Christian Crusader? My reasons for any Kennedy being in the bottom 10% have nothing to do with political party.

Ye shall know them by their words.

Why would you assume that I am a "traveler on the fringe right"? Just because I don't agree with you on something? Why do you assume these things about anybody? Is everyone who disagrees with you a radical right-wing Christian Crusader?

*checks spotting scope*

Yup, that's a center bull....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Because she's running for a seat on the Senate,...

Excuse me? She is lobbying for a seat in the Senate. The concept of the Governor appointing someone who has never stood for public office in her life is repugnant.

"Mrs. Carnahan....paging Mrs. Carnahan to the stage...."
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

True there is negative press about CK, but it hasn't nearly reached the vitriolic level as did the SP stuff. Not even close. Why? B/c she's a Kennedy and she's a democrat.Because she's running for a seat on the Senate, not for Vice President, and Presidential races always get a LOT more press than races for more minor offices

Um, well I do believe I mentioned that fact in a post up above...

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

You're being unfair. Palin has much better hooters.

I will say this, though. It may be true (and I believe it is true) that CK has better raw credentials in terms of intelligence and education than SP does. But Palin wasn't just handed her public offices as a matter of presumed birthright entitlement - she did the work to get her party's nominations for mayor and governor, and she was elected to those offices by The People. I find CK's attempt to make her first foray into public office not a lower office, but the US Senate, and not via election, but via appointment, to be galling. It offends me.

This is where I stand.

CK is intellectually qualified to be a Senator. She's particularly versed on constitutional law, which I would count as important right now. But she has virtually no political skills, and in a state the size of New York, there must be countless more that are both intelligent and experienced. In a smaller state (ie, Alaska), she might be a sound selection.

OTOH, Palin's experience as a politician is still pretty mediocre when you're looking at the potentials in New York. And she's ignorant as a rock.

The difference in coverage is no shock - if elected, Palin was in a 4 year slot to be the successor to leadership of the western world. CK is in a two year slot to be a junior senator before having to get reelected. She represents 1/58th of 1/2th of the US government. (1/100 of 1/3 if you treat all Senators equally, as well as all branches)