Twoply

Anyone want to give me the 5 minute rundown of what's going on over in Israel?

basically israel has kept on with the strikes, today they hit a 5 storey building on a womens wing of an islamic university. israel has also doubled the number of troops around the boarder. they have also put a military bufferzone around not letting civilians or press in.
hamas still firing rockets into israel
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

The bad guys are shooting at the good guys, and the good guys are shooting at the bad guys.
The only problem is trying to figure out which is which.[:/]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

the egypt-negotiated cease fire expired. israel launched air raids into gaza aimed at hamas. israel says hamas fired rockets first. palestinians say attacks are unprovoked. casualties in the 200s last i saw with many more injured. most casualties are hamas-related, although some civilians have been reported.

See, Abraham was worried his wife couldn't have a child at her age, so he slept with one of their "servants" which would father a son. Abraham's wife also became pregnant with a son. Those two sons hated each other. Traditionally Palestine's are considered descendants of the "servant" and the traditional tribes of Israel.

So for the last about 4000 years or so people have hated each other.

I can see that a new peace talk will work so very well, huh?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've been out of news contact for days dealing with a death of a close friend. A non-baised view so it can stay here and not get exported to SC.
THanks

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1230456522885&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull Latest I read. Gonna get nastier
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

>Hamas firing rockets into Israel an killing inoccent people dosent sell newspapers,
Israel launching an air attack against Hamas does sell newapapers.

Yep. To put it another way, an attack that kills 1 person doesn't sell newspapers; an attack that kills 260 does.

palestinians say attacks are unprovoked.

no they don't.
even during the cease fire there were a few rockets fired every few days but last week they started falling down in the dozens per day. Israel has warned Hamas, the Egyptians have warned Hamas but rockets and morter shells kept fallking on Israeli towns (civilians, remember?).
so yes, Israel is striking at Hamas which rules Gaza. sadly, this is war.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

< Yep. To put it another way, an attack that kills 1 person doesn't sell newspapers; an attack that kills 260 does.

Hamas is quite happy to let civilians die or they would move said civilians away from stratigic targets,
Hamas wants wants victims and martars, why, good publicity.
I am guite shure Israel is only going after stratigic targets and their aiming systems are just as accurate as any American system.
On the other hand Hamas fire rockets not knowing where they will land, they just hope they'll kill or destroy something.

Gone fishing

Basically Israel is not whitin its legal boarders and is and has been braking international law (late 60s). Because we are a sitting member of the UN Security Council with the power to veto we have been vetoing every thing the UN has tried to stop the Violence for the past 60 years.

Israel is once again murdering children for Zionism.

The good news is that for the first time in my life I actually heard a truthful conversation about Israel on the radio in the US. It was amazing to see how people react when they are giving correct information that has not been filtered. It seems when most people know the actual history they realize we have been supporting a country which goes against every fiber of what the USA stands for. Segregation, Racists, and in philosophy not much different then the Nazi they escaped from.

But it all really began in 47-48 when they simply built their homes on top of the people who were living there and used murder and the threat of mass murder to steal land and take over Palestinian villages. The reality is Israel if it was not for world pursuer would have “ethnically cleansed” all the Palestinians long ago as it seems that radicals in Israel believe they are the “Chosen people” and this land belongs to them because of religious reasons. Now never mind that there were people living on that land before there were even religions.

No matter what you believe or who you side with. How many times are we going to hear about Israel bombing a school or a hospital until we realize they have no morals or ethics? How hard is it to see that Israel has the power by far? I think it is obvious who the oppressors and who the oppressed are.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Basically Israel is not whitin its legal boarders

well according to you Israrl has no right to exist, right? but, since we're talking about Gaza, Israel has pulled out of Gaza years ago, so IT IS within its legal borders, remember?

Israel is once again murdering children for Zionism

yeah, ok. next...

But it all really began in 47-48

so today your selected date is 1947? how about the riots of 1929 and 1936-39? or don't those fit with your story?
but even if you chose 1947, keep in mind that one side DID accept the division plan while the other side went to war (and lost).

No matter what you believe or who you side with. How many times are we going to hear about Israel bombing a school or a hospital until we realize they have no morals or ethics? How hard is it to see that Israel has the power by far?

yes Israel is stronger. FAR stronger and it is using only a fraction of its military power. the weak is not always the victim.

you keep ignoring the thousands of rockets launched from Gaza in recent years and over 50 daily right before Israel took action.
need I remind you that these rockets were aimed at civilian towns (yeap, schools and hospitals included)

so please, give me a break. as soon as Hamas fires into civilian towns, as soon as Hamas launches rockets from back yards, they can't complain about civilian victims.

and one last point, the vast majority of those hit (even according to Palestinian sources) were Hamas militants.

O

Jews had been living in that area LONG before 1947.

And there were people living in that area before there were even religions whats your point?

The bases for the Palestinian and Israel conflict started in 48.

Basically Israel is not whitin its legal boarders and is and has been braking international law (late 60s). Because we are a sitting member of the UN Security Council with the power to veto we have been vetoing every thing the UN has tried to stop the Violence for the past 60 years.

Pssst.. lets put this in historical perspective. You do believe in history dont you.. being from that region and all. When Cyrus.. or Darius or any other ruler won battles and took territory did they EVER give it back???

Last time I checked.. every time your muslim brothers have attacked or were about to attack en masse into Israel to wipe the state of Israel off the face of the earth.. they got their asses kicked... DECISIVELY. Why the hell should they give back any of their land to those who have attacked and been defeated?

well according to you Israrl has no right to exist, right? but, since we're talking about Gaza, Israel has pulled out of Gaza years ago, so IT IS within its legal borders, remember?

Yes if you can ever find one time where I have said Israel should not exist then you would have quoted it 900 times by now. So obviously first statement is you assumption that anyone that points out the facts that show Israel in the true light wants all the Jews to die. That’s getting old.

but, since we're talking about Gaza, Israel has pulled out of Gaza years ago, so IT IS within its legal borders, remember?

I don’t know how many times we have to over this, no matter who is quoted and how many times Idrankwhat has posted links you seem to miss the point. ACCORDING TO THE WORLD ISREIL IS NOT IN ITS LEAGAL VORDERS AND IS BRAKING INTERNATIONAL LAW. Now if you think that’s not the case that’s your issue.

Israel is once again murdering children for Zionism

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah, ok. next...

And your sure thats not happend right?

What do you think will happen when you drop a huge bomb on a university?

OPEN YOUR EYES MAN.

so today your selected date is 1947? how about the riots of 1929 and 1936-39? or don't those fit with your story?
but even if you chose 1947, keep in mind that one side DID accept the division plan while the other side went to war (and lost).

When was Isreail formed? Thats what i tought

Before the formation of Israel there were people of all faiths living on the land. There was no single oppressive power that segregated, and dehumanized the rest.

Facts are a pain in the ass.

yes Israel is stronger. FAR stronger and it is using only a fraction of its military power. the weak is not always the victim.

Yes I know that many in Israel would love to commit out right genocide and get rid of those pesky non-Israelis, but the world would not stand for it. At least I hope not. There is already a big resentment being built up in the US because of yet again another Israeli attack. I hope it grows so my tax dollars no longer have to support a country which stands against every thing the United States stand for.

you keep ignoring the thousands of rockets launched from Gaza in recent years and over 50 daily right before Israel took action.
need I remind you that these rockets were aimed at civilian towns (yeap, schools and hospitals included)

Killing civilians is wrong by any one. I don’t know how many times I have said this yet you tend to ignore it.
Yet again Israel is the oppressor, and the thief. All it has to do is stop oppressing and not be a thief and all the violence would stop.

People wonder why a person scarifies their lives to fight Israel, and think some are crazy for doing so. I think I would fight to death to take back my home, and I am not going to think anyone who has been squeezed so hard for so long (60 years) is crazy. What choice do they have? Grab their ankles?

Their food, water, and whole lives are controlled by the very people who took every thing from them. Do you ever see that and wonder how it would feel?

and one last point, the vast majority of those hit (even according to Palestinian sources) were Hamas militants.

So how many Palestinian Woman and children are expendable in your book?

And is that the same number apply for Israelis Woman and children as well?

Because once again you can compare numbers and there is a lot more inocent blood on Israeli hands, but let me guess that’s different because the bombs Israelis use fall from the sky right?????????

Sorry my morals are not so fluid.

Basically Israel is not whitin its legal boarders and is and has been braking international law (late 60s).

Give me a break. International Law? What is that?

Bunch of diplomatic manuevering that no country pays any attention to if it even comes close to hindering their objectives.

And of course all of Israel's neighbors are in strict compliance with "International Law" aren't they?

PHHHHTTTTT!
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Yes if you can ever find one time where I have said Israel should not exist then you would have quoted it 900 times by now

so what exactly did you mean by "the jews should go back the europe and give the land back to its rightful owner" or something like that?

What do you think will happen when you drop a huge bomb on a university?

when this university is used as a bomb factory and storage area, i hope it is reduced to the ground.

When was Isreail formed? Thats what i tought

yes, and a palestinian state could have been formed right next to it, had they chose the road of peace.
and still, Israel did not occupy the west bank or Gaza until 1967. so if you're talking about 1948, you're talking about the destruction of Israel.
or maybe you can clearify what are the "legal borders?

Yes I know that many in Israel would love to commit out right genocide and get rid of those pesky non-Israelis

actually, most would not. most of the Israelis dont even want this war we have now but we feel enough is enough. let me remind you that in Israel we have elected a center-left government while in Gaza, Hamas (an extremist terorist group that vows to destroy israel) was elected.

All it has to do is stop oppressing and not be a thief and all the violence would stop

enough with the slogans, be specific.
how would israel stop being the "oppressor"? where does it end? 67 line is good enough for you? it isnt't for Hamas...

So how many Palestinian Woman and children are expendable in your book?

as many as are expandable by those who use them as human shields.
if you can show me a way of preventing rocket launcheing from backyards, let me know...

Jews had been living in that area LONG before 1947.

And there were people living in that area before there were even religions whats your point?

The bases for the Palestinian and Israel conflict started in 48.

Try again. Depending on how a person interprets events, you are off by somewhere between a few hundred and a couple thousand years. Either way, 1948 is way way off. Must be a convenient date that fits you bias.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

This article came out last year, but if you read it, you basically never have to read another article about the Middle East ever again:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/middle_east_conflict_intensifies:P

I remember that when it came out. Still so true today; a timeless piece - - unforunately.

Before the formation of Israel there were people of all faiths living on the land. There was no single oppressive power that segregated, and dehumanized the rest.

Not true at all.

Go back & re-read history.

There have been several times where various "single oppressive regimes" segregated & dehumanized the people living in that area.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------