tbrown

Sockin' It to Hamas

News:
Israeli airstrike kills a top Hamas leader

An Israeli warplane dropped a 2,000-pound bomb on the home of one of Hamas' top five decision-makers Thursday, instantly killing him...

The airstrike on Nizar Rayan was the first that succeeded in killing a member of Hamas' highest echelon since Israel began its offensive Saturday. The 49-year-old professor of Islamic law was known for personally participating in clashes with Israeli forces and for sending one of his sons on a 2001 suicide mission that killed two Israelis.

Israel's military, which has said the homes of Hamas leaders are being used to store missiles and other weapons, said the attack on Rayan's house triggered secondary explosions from the arms stockpiled there.

Israel has targeted Hamas leaders many times in the past, and the current leadership went into hiding at the start of the offensive. Rayan, however, was known for openly defying Israel and in the past had led crowds to the homes of wanted Hamas figures — as if daring Israel to strike and risk the lives of civilians...
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090101/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians

Dammit! I had to go googling this morning to figure out what the St George's Cross was.
Now what the heck is it you are using now?>:(

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

A bit of googling found this (attached), but what the heck does all this signify?

Coat of Arms: A silver shield with two red lions supporting a dexter red hand , three red estoiles in chief, and a silver salmon in blue savy water in base.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The Rich family crest, nice.

You got it. How did you happen to recognize it?

I figured why should only the Brits have fun playing with pretty flags? :)

Well I guessed it would be your family crest s I simply Googled Rich family crest and there it was. Its an interesting name.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Hey there cousin,
My family on one side are also Neal's (My Maternal Great grandmother.) Actually they were originally O'Neal. The dexter red hand on the sheild is from Ulster/Northern Ireland and the family originated in Co Tyrone (Which is known as the O'Neal county) When many Irish moved out from Ireland there was allot of discrimination against the Irish and to get a job many had to Anglasies their names by dropping the O' (Meaning son of). Hence Neal from O'Neal.

You might also find this of interest..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hand_of_Ulster
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Interesting stuff, thanks!!

I know my older brother researched all this stuff years ago when he was in SCA, and that we had bloodlines that came from Old England. (And American Indian, and German, and some other stuff).

I'm a mutt!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Interesting stuff, thanks!!

I know my older brother researched all this stuff years ago when he was in SCA, and that we had bloodlines that came from Old England. (And American Indian, and German, and some other stuff).

I'm a mutt!!

That makes two of us:D
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Thanks, I though so too. So Marg have you got a family crest or Coat of arms too?

Not one of which I am aware. Like Mike, I’m an American mutt – known ancestry traces back to northern Italy, France (Alsace Lorraine & Loire Valley area), England (don’t remember where specifically - had a grandfather who was a “Brown”), Portugal, western Germany, Germany/Poland (one of the towns at the border, which border seemed to depend on the century), and Russia (western).

I do find it kind of neat that my surname is more common in Thailand, Cambodia, and Korea than Europe … a couple years ago when I volunteered with a Thai Girl Scout troop (the leader was one of my work colleagues), many of the parents assumed I was Thai too based on my last name; I’m not. Suspect an “owski” or some other modifier was dropped between eastern Europe & here.

My connection and allegiance is to America.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying