tbrown

Sockin' It to Hamas

"And how many of those will be innocent women and kids?"

"Doesnt matter."

Yeah, it does matter. If you can't understand that the loss of innocent life in war is tragic and that nations at war ought to seek to avoid civilian causualties, your moral compass is in serious need of readjustment.

Yes, I understand that civilians sometimes are harmed and killed in war, and that this is sometimes unavoidable. But to say that the loss of civilian life is irrelevant and meaningless is an unbelievably callous statement.

I did not mean to say loss of any life is anything less than tragic. But in the end it does not matter. Hammas is the side setting the rules of engagement. THEY are the ones causing the deaths of the inocent. They do not do this by acident. They know the media, the know the anti war anti Israel fanatic, and they know how to use them both their own advantage politally. Placing the blame where it belongs is what is most important if you want this to stop. If Hammas got zero support world wide after Israel stomped the shit out of them do you think they would do it yet again?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

A two State s solution might work when it is truly 50/50 When both parties have a say in where they would like the borders. It will not work when the stronger party keeps all the prime real estate and gives the people it stole the land from the shit holes.

See the attached map. It looks to me like the Gaza Strip is prime, green, water-front property.

Yeah. As green as the desert of Texas. :S

dudeist skydiver # 3105

well, its nice to see that you are asking instead of just assuming...

Which country was "Ancient Israel" ?

the kingdom of Israel, existed for a couple of thousands of years and destroyed by the Romans around 70 AD.

And whom are you including in ours? just people of Jewish decent or every one who was living there?

I meant the Jewish people you are so quickly sending "back to where they came from".

Or are you claiming there was no one ever there and when there were they were of Jewish faith only?

I never claimed that.
if you go back to 'who was here first' then yes, you had Cananaites and Hitties. find a few and let them speak for themselves.
but I also said over and over that it doesnt matter. both nations have a claim here. you are the one who always go back (to the dates which fit your views) in time to see who was here first.
if you go by who was here first, you will lose. what matters is who is here now.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Did Israelis build homes on top of where Palestinian villages were?.

Does any of that really matter?

My House and most likely yours too was built on land Occupied by Native Americans for 1000`s of years before the Europeans showed up and took it away.
What would do if Tonto showed up and demanded his land back?
Is it yours or is it theirs?

All of this "We were here first" and "This land is rightfully ours" crap from both sides is just that. Crap.

Just keep in mind, There is an election coming up in Isreal. The Moderates in office were behind in the polls.

My House and most likely yours too was built on land Occupied by Native Americans for 1000`s of years before the Europeans showed up and took it away.
What would do if Tonto showed up and demanded his land back?
Is it yours or is it theirs?

Go home white boy

ll of this "We were here first" and "This land is rightfully ours" crap from both sides is just that. Crap.

exactly, what matters is the here and now.

Just keep in mind, There is an election coming up in Isreal. The Moderates in office were behind in the polls.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. all 3 major parties are pretty much the same and will (and have in the past) go for the same deal.

All of this "We were here first" and "This land is rightfully ours" crap from both sides is just that. Crap.

I agree. I was just pointing out the flaw in Darius' logic. And if Tonto came knocking on my door, I'd probably invite him in and offer him a beer...I know I'd need one! ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

See the attached map. It looks to me like the Gaza Strip is prime, green, water-front property.

Yeah. As green as the desert of Texas.

Perhaps you don't understand where the Gaza Strip is. The part that looks like desert in that photo, at the bottom-left, is Egypt.

The Gaza Strip on that satellite photo is as green as the rest of Israel. So if the Israelis manage to make a good living off that kind of land, why can't the Palestinians?

>The Gaza Strip on that satellite photo is as green as the rest of Israel.

And Las Vegas is as green as San Francisco. Is that because the land is lush and verdant, or because we have spent billions to dam the Colorado and re-route its water? If you could live in either place - but were guaranteed you would not get city water - where would you choose to live?

There will be attacks and rockets fired yet Israel needs to have a measured response. You can not jeopardize the future of two nations on the actions of just a few people who will not give it up.

Hysterical stuff.

Wow I wish I would make useless two word posts that take no courage to feel good about my self.:S

How about you actually try mention something useful or factual for once. That would be a good change.

I love people like you who take posts like mine and give a stupid one word comment. Honestly whats the point?
Does it make you feel superior to not know any thing and be proud of it?

How about if you have nothing to add don’t post.

And what do you find funny rockets being fired, or patience needed to avoid major loss of inocent lives?
what is "Hysterical stuff"?

Do you think before you post..........you should try it some time.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Which country was "Palestine"?

Was never a country However there were many people from many different religions living in the region that has had many names including Palestine.

Israel was formed in 1948.

I meant the Jewish people you are so quickly sending "back to where they came from".

Again you twist my words the people who moved there from Europe, America and all over the world after 1948 are the invaders. According to you most of the Jews lived there before any of this so it shouldn’t much of a problem.

I never claimed that.
if you go back to 'who was here first' then yes, you had Cananaites and Hitties. find a few and let them speak for themselves.
but I also said over and over that it doesnt matter. both nations have a claim here. you are the one who always go back (to the dates which fit your views) in time to see who was here first.
if you go by who was here first, you will lose. what matters is who is here now.

Dates are mentioned by all and all mention dates that fit their view. As mentioned before in my opinion you can go back all the way back to where there was no religions. There were just people there so you can not claim them as yours and I can not claim them as mine. As there was no Mohammed or Moses if you go back far enough.

You have not answered my questions that I specifically posted twice why is that?

Do you think there was an injustice done to the Palestinian people after the creation of Israel in 1948?

That’s a simple question all I want is an answer. You can answer the two specific ones as well it would be good to know your view.

I agree. I was just pointing out the flaw in Darius' logic. And if Tonto came knocking on my door, I'd probably invite him in and offer him a beer...I know I'd need one! ;)

Blues,
Dave

It is not just me who is using dates as an argument.

I love how on SC people bring up there reasons and you use thier standard weather it be dates, time, inocent lives lost whatever to prove there point wrong, and then all of a sudden the very standard they were applying changes once again. This tends to happen a lot.

Yeah. As green as the desert of Texas.

Perhaps you don't understand where the Gaza Strip is. The part that looks like desert in that photo, at the bottom-left, is Egypt.

The Gaza Strip on that satellite photo is as green as the rest of Israel. So if the Israelis manage to make a good living off that kind of land, why can't the Palestinians?

Gaza Strip: More than 80 percent sand/dunes, only very few agriculture.

I think I know quite well where Egypt is as I worked in Cairo for 7 months, visited Israel twice during that time.

Like I said before: Leave your tight borders, travel - and: you will be enlightened.

And if not: There still is Wiki. :)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

There will be attacks and rockets fired yet Israel needs to have a measured response. You can not jeopardize the future of two nations on the actions of just a few people who will not give it up.

Hysterical stuff.

Wow I wish I would make useless two word posts that take no courage to feel good about my self.:S

forum rules prevent my actual response to the ridiculous notion of telling Israelis they have to accept 'a few' deaths caused by 'a few' rockets coming from 'a few people that won't give up.'

Esp when 'the few' are the governing entity and funded by nice would be genocidists like your innocent Iran.

The only compromise acceptable to 'a few' is the death of all Israelis.

Blues,
Dave

It is not just me who is using dates as an argument.

I love how on SC people bring up there reasons and you use thier standard weather it be dates, time, inocent lives lost whatever to prove there point wrong, and then all of a sudden the very standard they were applying changes once again. This tends to happen a lot.

When did my standard change? I simply pointed out that if you want to claim the non-nation of Palestinians had "possession" of the area in 1945, the other guy gets to claim that the Israelites had "possession" long before that.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Again you twist my words the people who moved there from Europe, America and all over the world after 1948 are the invaders. According to you most of the Jews lived there before any of this so it shouldn’t much of a problem.

I didnt twist your words, you were very clear about it. the Jews who came to Israel before/after 1948 came back to their homes and have every right to be here.
and yes, I know you don't agree. tough luck.

You have not answered my questions that I specifically posted twice why is that?

Do you think there was an injustice done to the Palestinian people after the creation of Israel in 1948?

That’s a simple question all I want is an answer. You can answer the two specific ones as well it would be good to know your view.

I did answer and I will answer again.
Yes there was an injustice done to the local arabs who fled their homes in 1948, much like there was an injustice when my family were kicked out of their home in Hebron in 1936. such are wars. you can't ignore the fact that they started the 1948 war. and again, let me remind you that those who stayed became Israeli citizens.

why are you so eaget to fix the injustice of 60 years ago but not the one of 2000 years ago? where do you draw the line? if we wait 1000 years more will the palestinians lose their "right" in your view? 50? 100? 2000 years?