Skyrad

Who was Jesus? Vote now...

Jesus was the son of God, concieved by the Holy Ghosts, and born of the Virgin Mary in the city of Bethleham. He upset the reining figureheads that were in place 2009 years ago and really upset the leaders. They were offended that he was proclaiming to be the son of God. So they killed him. He died so we may have eternal life. His last words while hanging nailed to the cross on Golgatha was "Eli, Eli Lama Thabachthami." "My God, My God Why Hast Thou Foresaken Me?" He was 32 years old when he passed his time on earth, buried in a tomb and rose again 3 days later, ascended into heaven to sit upon the right hand of his Father.

If you don't believe any of what i say here remember this: "Faith Cometh By Hearing, And Hearing Through The Word Of God.

Fire Away.

Amen to that

Ah im glad your back, now back to my questions, perhaps between you both you might be able to answer these 2, or perhaps just put your head back in the sand...

"There are about 2.1 billion Christians in the world today, where are the other 4 billion going when they die??????

As a father what if im a Christian however my son decides to choose atheism or perhaps one of the many other religions available, how am I supposed to enjoy my time in heaven when I now my beloved son is eternally burning in a lake of fire???? Will god erase my memory?????? Can you at least answer this one? "
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

He was 32 years old when he passed his time on earth, buried in a tomb and rose again 3 days later, ascended into heaven to sit upon the right hand of his Father.

So that's supposed to be the great sacrifice he made so he could take the weight of our sins, right?

Because if it is, I don't get it. What was the sacrifice?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

"There are about 2.1 billion Christians in the world today, where are the other 4 billion going when they die??????***

God is loving, fair and just, He will sort it all out perfectly. It is not something we need to worry about. You will need to do better than that if you want to expose a logical fallacy, that will cause one to question their faith in God.

As a father what if im a Christian however my son decides to choose atheism or perhaps one of the many other religions available, how am I supposed to enjoy my time in heaven when I now my beloved son is eternally burning in a lake of fire???? Will god erase my memory?????? Can you at least answer this one? ***

Anyone missing the mark and spending eternity apart form God will be regrettable, son or not. All will be known, there will be nothing hidden. But for the elected of God " He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there shall no longer be any death, there shall no longer be any mourning or crying or pain, these old things will pass away."

So that's supposed to be the great sacrifice he made so he could take the weight of our sins, right?

Because if it is, I don't get it. What was the sacrifice?***

While nailed to a cross He, as the sinless God/man, was judged by God for our sins, neutralizing the penalty generated by the sins of all who have lived. Before He died physically , He said " it is finished, into Your Hands I commit My Spirit", indicating that His spiritual sacrifice had been completed, removing the sin barrier between man and God.

"For Christ died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God"

Jesus may have been a Mafia Capo.
His followers are running the rackets in Rome.
clicky

Nick Squires in Rome
Last Updated: 10:48PM GMT 03 Nov 2008

The clergyman and nuns allegedly hit and kicked the 49-year-old man in an argument over the lease on the restaurant, which is owned by the Catholic Church.

The restaurateur said he rushed to the eatery, in the village of Rutino near Salerno, in southern Italy, after hearing that the priest and nuns were causing trouble.

He told police that he got into an argument with the priest, who smashed a chair over his head. The nuns followed up by kicking him in the stomach.

:D:D

While nailed to a cross He, as the sinless God/man, was judged by God for our sins, neutralizing the penalty generated by the sins of all who have lived. Before He died physically , He said " it is finished, into Your Hands I commit My Spirit", indicating that His spiritual sacrifice had been completed, removing the sin barrier between man and God.

"For Christ died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God"

This makes no sense what so ever... so to put it another way, i have committed a crime (sin), i am on death row, but at the last minute some stranger comes along and takes my place, is killed and i am a free man!!!!! how is that justice, how does that free me of anything?

Lets be realistic, this is an mythical story and depicts the age old blood sacrifice for the appeasement of a wrathful primitive and brutal deity, quick lets toss another virgin into the volcano :S:S:S

Also why am i responsible for the supposed actions of Adam and Eve, who actually never existed in the first place which makes a mockery of the whole concept, but that is beside the point.
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

So to recap... we s'posed to believe that a man was..
  • born to a virgin - Yeah right
  • his birth was announce by an angel (flying man) [shakes head]
  • turned water in to wine
  • magically cured poorly people
  • walked on water
    and get this...
  • Died and came back to life again (quietly, so that only a few people saw him... and they didn't recognise him)... then disappeared without a trace)

Poppycock...... Next

(.)Y(.)
    Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

So to recap... we s'posed to believe that a man was..

born to a virgin - Yeah right

his birth was announce by an angel (flying man) [shakes head]

turned water in to wine

magically cured poorly people

walked on water
    and get this...

Died and came back to life again (quietly, so that only a few people saw him... and they didn't recognise him)... then disappeared without a trace)

Poppycock...... Next

You're forgeting the Trinity...

Try preaching THAT!
    Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

But what does the dying have to do with it? And what was his "spiritual sacrifice"?
    Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The sacrifice was the undeserved spiritual & physical death on the cross which neutralized the penalty for the worlds disobedience(sin). " The wages of sin is death,( spiritual & physical)

This makes no sense what so ever... so to put it another way, i have committed a crime (sin), i am on death row, but at the last minute some stranger comes along and takes my place, is killed and i am a free man!!!!! how is that justice, how does that free me of anything? ***

It makes a lot of sense to me. You are right it is not justice. The term for it is Grace. Justice is what we deserve, separation from God. Grace is what Christ has made available to those who believe.

God is loving, fair and just, He will sort it all out perfectly. It is not something we need to worry about. You will need to do better than that if you want to expose a logical fallacy, that will cause one to question their faith in God.

So basically regardless of what particular religion I follow I will end up in heaven as your god will just "sort it out"?

The words “Fantasy land” and “your living in one” spring to mind. Perhaps if you had read the bible then you will have no doubt noticed that your god is far from loving, fair and just. To name but 5 examples that spring to mind….

1. 2 Kings 2:23-24 : 42 children are killed for calling a prophet "baldy",
    2. 1 Samuel 6:19 : 70 people are killed for looking in (or "at") the Ark of the Covenant.
    3. 1 Kings 20:30 : God makes a wall fall on and kill 27 000 of an army retreating from some Israelites.
    4. Numbers 16:16-49 : Death to all those who complain (14 950 of them altogether).
    5. 2 Samuel 6:6-11 : God kills someone for accidentally touching the Ark of the Covenant.

Now the doctrine of the Original Sin where children are punished for the sins of there parents, hardly sounds “fair and just” to me. Adam and Eve where punished for sinning before they knew the difference between good and evil, your God is most certainly NOT “loving, fair and just” if it punishes innocent people for sins they do not understand and could not resist.
    You are going to need to do a lot better than that load of twaddle about “fair and loving”

Anyone missing the mark and spending eternity apart form God will be regrettable, son or not. All will be known, there will be nothing hidden. But for the elected of God " He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there shall no longer be any death, there shall no longer be any mourning or crying or pain, these old things will pass away."

So god will erase my memory? That’s basically what you are saying isn’t it? Seem’s a little dodgy to me,

Do you actually read what you post?

Why didn't god, being all powerful and all, just wave his hands utter the magic words and neutralise the "penalty" generated by all the sinning??? that would have been a lot easier.....

Also can you please expand on "Spiritual Sacrifice" what is that exactly???

--But what does the dying have to do with it? And what was his "spiritual sacrifice"?

He took the judgement for the worlds sin.
    "He made Him who knew no sin, to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" II Cor 5:21

Who can explain why things are the way they are? Why are the hadrons that compose matter made up of subatomic particles & force carriers described in the standard model. Some things just are. You can accept reality as it is, or just create your own. God does provide guidance to those who ask.

Some things just are. You can accept reality as it is, or just create your own.

"You can accept reality as it is " = REALITY ( science/evidence! )

" Or just create your own..." = RELIGION !!

how can you say this and quote a story book as fact????? the mind boggels

--So basically regardless of what particular religion I follow I will end up in heaven as your god will just "sort it out"?

Keep in mind, I will not be the one making decisions regarding this issue, but if you want to be on the right side I would just do what He says to do.

--Perhaps if you had read the bible then you will have no doubt noticed that your god is far from loving, fair and just. To name but 5 examples that spring to mind….

Either you are right in your assessment, or God defines loving different than you. Why do you always consider physical death that is a part of Gods plan a bad thing. It is a very natural part of our experience here.

--Now the doctrine of the Original Sin where children are punished for the sins of there parents.

Children are born like their parents, spiritually dead (separated from God). Gods plan is for us to be spiritually alive, capable of having a personal relationship with Him.

So god will erase my memory? That’s basically what you are saying isn’t it? Seem’s a little dodgy to me,

It is my understanding that your memory will remain completely intact. Probably with more clarity than you have now.