Skyrad

Who was Jesus? Vote now...

That reminds me of a anecdote I once heard:

A man dies and goes to Heaven, and when he gets to the throne, he says to God, "How can you allow all these children to die from starvation and hunger, and all the suffering in the world?" God replied, "I was just going to ask you the same question."

And the modern retelling:

A man died and tried to get into Heaven, but St Peter saw that he was guilty of Sloth, one of the seven mortal sins guaranteed to give you eternal damnation. It was the same sin that allowed the man to suffer the children to die of starvation and hunger. There was probably a little Greed in there, too, since he didn't share his food. Either way, the guy never got as far as the throne of God, and is currently enjoying a quiet retirement in a Lake of Fire on the southern shore of Hell.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Catholisism is the original Christian religion....They weren't called catholics originally, of course.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Sorry...I can't restrain myself sometimes, I just had to post something this time.

Everything came from the Judeo/christian split started by Paul, who eventually was considered the first Pope.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

No harm done!!!!... its dumb ass ignorant and stupid comments like that which I think explain how the believers can mindlessly meander their way through life expecting to wake up one day sitting on a cloud playing a harp!!!!!
No harm done!!! tell that to :

The individual pursuit of spiritual awareness and Truth is different than what is offered by most religions. Religions are a man made power structure.
Their evil deeds are not relevant to the Truth of God.

Catholisism is the original Christian religion....They weren't called catholics originally, of course.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Sorry...I can't restrain myself sometimes, I just had to post something this time.

Everything came from the Judeo/christian split started by Paul, who eventually was considered the first Pope.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

Whats to elaborate?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

EDIT

Sorry....am I missing something???

Perhaps I'm just over tired....need sleep.

you left out the option for ..

some carpenter that talked a whole bunch of shit.

I'd vote for "some carpenter (regular guy)" -

I rather prefer the ideal of a regular guy just going about and saying things like "we need to be decent to each other" "have some wine" "I like seafood" "hey, stop picking on those people"

though I'd consider none of that talking shit, unless it's good shit

it's more personal without the deification

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Care to elaborate?

Whats to elaborate?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

EDIT

Are you suggestion that Catholicism was not the original Christian religion? If you are you could offer an alternative hypothesis.

Care to elaborate?

Whats to elaborate?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

EDIT

Are you suggestion that Catholicism was not the original Christian religion? If you are you could offer an alternative hypothesis.

Yeah; I had the same question. While Protestants consider Catholics to not be Christians, Catholics would remind Protestants that they are fallen-away Catholics. Of course, the Jews would remind Catholics that they are fallen-away Jews. And so it goes.

not all protestants consider catholics to not be christian. as a matter of fact, i'd say MOST protestants actually do consider catholics to be christian. please don't apply extremely conservative or orthodox protestant beliefs to the majority of the protestant population.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

What determines who is a protestant? I generally think of them as Christians who are not Catholic. Is there any other criteria?

Pretty much sums it up, but the *why* of it goes back to Martin Luther posting his theses, etc. There's theological differences as well, involving things like who can forgive sins, who can be the arbiter in a relationship with God, transubstantiation, holiness of mary and the saints, etc.

Actually, the Eastern Orthodox churches are not really considered to be "Protestant" either...

While i hesitate to cite wikipedia as a credible source, their article on Protestantism is actually rather accurate, and there is a quite a long list of outside sources that you might wish to peruse for further info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestant
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

1. The thousands of people dieing of AIDS in africa because the catholic church bans the use of contraception.

While Catholosism is not the same as Christianity, and I do not agree with the Catholic church, or thier doctrines or thier practice of Idolatry, thier banning of contraception has NOTHING to do with people dying from AIDS. That was thier fault for commiting the SIN of fornication.

I could answer every one of your items on your biased list, but then why bother... I am sure I am wasting my time. You should however, consider putting the blame where it belongs.

The blame DOES NOT lie with the people in Africa who have AIDS. It is very much the fault of the POPE and others who say things like you have above.....

1. why does an idiot in a white robe have ANY right to tell people in the 3rd world who will blindly follow him not to use contraception, knowing the damage and suffering this will cause, I think its the POPE who should go to hell...

2. What on earth is FORNICATION??? and what relevance to the modern world does it have??? I like to shag my girlfriend for fun, she likes to shag me, are we FORNICATORS??? If we are, should we stop now and whip ourselves ?? Is it too late for me? I have not been to church since I realised it was all a load of " CODSWALLOP...!" when I was about 5 years old.... Are me and my GF dammed?

3. It would seem that I have commited a few SINS in my time, I am worried now. what action should I take to save my soul? Can I just trade it with the devil for a new rig, and a base trip to NORWAY? Will he look after me and stop me from bouncing if he knows he's getting my soul in the end?

4. Can someone please explain to me why everything that feels nice or equates to fun is considered a mortal sin? If playing knock-door-run with the reaper is OK ( ie you skydive dont you??) then why cant I shag my GF for sport? are you seriously saying that base jumping is OK and shagging is not???

I dont want to go in just yet , so I use a canopy to help me stop my fall. I dont want kids yet either, so we use contraception . what is the difference? are BASE jumpers FORNICATORS??? I hope so. I am happy to be a infidel fornicating through life. It feels good, and I dont harm anyone . What is wrong with that?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

you laugh, but actually, he's right. the ONLY Christian church prior to the Great Schism in 1054 AD was the "roman catholic church" as we now call it.

What determines who is a protestant? I generally think of them as Christians who are not Catholic. Is there any other criteria?

Pretty much sums it up, but the *why* of it goes back to Martin Luther posting his theses, etc. There's theological differences as well, involving things like who can forgive sins, who can be the arbiter in a relationship with God, transubstantiation, holiness of mary and the saints, etc.

Right, but does that mean that the Rastafarians and the Mormons are protestant sects, or is there another point of departure somewhere along the way?

Actually, the Eastern Orthodox churches are not really considered to be "Protestant" either...

They are unquestionably Catholic.

The blame DOES NOT lie with the people in Africa who have AIDS. It is very much the fault of the POPE and others who say things like you have above.....

1. why does an idiot in a white robe have ANY right to tell people in the 3rd world who will blindly follow him not to use contraception, knowing the damage and suffering this will cause, I think its the POPE who should go to hell...

2. What on earth is FORNICATION??? and what relevance to the modern world does it have??? I like to shag my girlfriend for fun, she likes to shag me, are we FORNICATORS??? If we are, should we stop now and whip ourselves ?? Is it too late for me? I have not been to church since I realised it was all a load of " CODSWALLOP...!" when I was about 5 years old.... Are me and my GF dammed?

3. It would seem that I have commited a few SINS in my time, I am worried now. what action should I take to save my soul? Can I just trade it with the devil for a new rig, and a base trip to NORWAY? Will he look after me and stop me from bouncing if he knows he's getting my soul in the end?

4. Can someone please explain to me why everything that feels nice or equates to fun is considered a mortal sin? If playing knock-door-run with the reaper is OK ( ie you skydive dont you??) then why cant I shag my GF for sport? are you seriously saying that base jumping is OK and shagging is not???

I dont want to go in just yet , so I use a canopy to help me stop my fall. I dont want kids yet either, so we use contraception . what is the difference? are BASE jumpers FORNICATORS??? I hope so. I am happy to be a infidel fornicating through life. It feels good, and I dont harm anyone . What is wrong with that?

Pont of Fact:
I disagree with the pope on many things, including banning contaception use, and of course I am not Catholic. But that has absofreakinglutely nothing to do at all with people in Africa having AIDS, ergo, the fault is not with the pope. The AIDS epidemic in Africa is the result of many things, which if you were as educated as you want to appear, you would realize that they are as follows, to name a few, in no particular order:

- Male Africans raping GIRLS in thier villages repeatedly, even to the point of ripping the flesh between the vagina and the anus.
- FORNICATION, sex outside of marriage. (also answers your #2 question.)
- The belief among many Africans, that if you have AIDS, you can cure it by having sex with a pre-pubescent girl.
- Poor sanitation in many areas
-Lack of Action by Some African Leaders
- Western Pharmaceutical Companies’ Reaction to AIDS in Africa
- AIDS is largely recognised as a disease of poverty, hitting hardest where people are marginalised and suffering economic hardship.

For your #3 question, All have sinned and coem short of the Glory of God. But Jesus dies on the cross for the remission of our sins, so as for the what you must do? Simple, believe on Jesus, ask for and recieve the FREE gift of savation and be forgiven of your sins, repent, and make Jesus the lord of your life! No you are not doomed to hell if you repent, and believe on Jesus, but yes you are going to hell if you remain in your sin, and do not repent. And for a last point of fact, God does not send anyone to Hell. The power of choice is YOURS alone. You choose where you will go, only those who choose NOT to follow God, are choosing eternal damnation.

As far as base being a sin, I do not do BASE, but niether do I believe it is a sin, IF it is legal to do it, when and where you do it. If it is a crime, then it is a sin.
Tact is not my specialty.....

Dirty Sanchez #453

Dude, I'm fully aware of how fooked up africa is, I have been there, have you?? I just put all the crazy beliefs that you are right in pointing out above into the same big pot as the crazy belief in GOD.

In Africa its a cultural thing, a lack of education, a belief in VOODOO and witchdoctors and just plain ignorance of reality that causes AIDS , not to mention the overwhelming poverty... but the POPE saying contraception is banned is a factor too, and one that is easily put right...

I now know what FORNICATION IS !! Yippie! I am glad to say I will fornicate for the rest of my life, as I do not intend to get married again....

I will not be asking for any salvation im afraid, its the fire and torture chamber for me. I actually like the idea if hell more than heaven, it willbe warmer in the winter for one, and most of my base jumping friends and mates from college will for sure be there too, so I think I'd just be lonely in Heaven.

I also am interested in where the other 66 % of the worlds population will go , as they dont believe in your god. If you live in africa and have never heard of Jesus, are you dammed into hell for eternity? how can GOD justify not letting in someone who, through NO FAULT of their own just didn't hear about him in time? Is it their fault anyway? are they just dammed from birth? Is that the type of thing a caring and passionate GOD should do?? or is there a get out of jail ( hell ) for free card if you simply have not heard of god when you arrive at the gates.

Are the Jolly Wally's right ? or maybe the Mormons?

I cant help but think that all I have to do is commit as many sins as possible throughout my life and as long as I ask for forgiveness 1 second before I croak I'll be alright??? is that the best of both worlds? can I continue to fornicate happily along life and still get in to heaven?

And as another poster has pointed out, what happens to all the souls of the people who died BEFORE god was invented?

>FORNICATION, sex outside of marriage.

Actually sex that occurs outside of a marriage is adultery. Sex with no marriage at all is fornication.

You are right, but you know I meant sex without marriage, not adultry :)

Dirty Sanchez #453

Who are Jolly Wallys? if you mean Jehova Witness, they they along with Mormonism, qualify as cults.

As for those who died before Christ, there were those who followed God, and those who did not. Those who did, were instructed to do animal sacrifices. The purpose of animal sacrifices were to 'hold in abeyance' thier sin, until Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice on the cross.

While I cannot say for certain of those who die and never hear the name of Jesus, I believe that at some point EVERYone is given a oppoutnity to choose God or Satan, but when the choice is made, it is final.

And while I do not advise you purposefully waiting till the end to repent, (simply because the end for you may come before you realize it) I do believe in death-bed salvations. The very first salvation was a deathbed confession, and Jesus said to the thief on the cross beside him "you shall be with me this day in paradise."

Dirty Sanchez #453

Jolly Wally's / Mormons / christianity = cults......

how can an organisation that demands the ritualistic murder of a creature that was just minding it's own business and has never heard of GOD NOT BE A CULT??? sounds pretty cult like to me.

I dont choose GOD and I dont Choose SATAN, I choose life. Nature is the closest thing I have to a god, and it does a much better job than some vengeful and angry old man.

Do ALiens go to heaven too? or are all the stars in the Universe just made for us to look at?

Belief in GOd = belief in world is flat.

both are outdated and silly. I am having lots of fun hearing creationists rant though, xmas has not been this much fun for years.

their banning of contraception has NOTHING to do with people dying from AIDS. That was thier fault for commiting the SIN of fornication.

First let’s get one thing straight, it’s can only be considered a sin if they follow your god, and at the last count approx 17.5% of Mozambicans are Catholic, so that leaves 82.5% that are not.

Second there are many contributing factors to the AIDS epidemic in Africa, but the use of condoms will without a doubt assist with the spreading of the disease, which infects about 500 people a day currently. And for the Catholic Church to enforce their dogma on these people is without a doubt helping the disease spread and ultimately killing people. So therefore the Catholic Church is murdering people and to be honest the pope should be held accountable and face a judge and jury.

[Reply] I could answer every one of your items on your biased list

Why is it biased? Are you denying the Crusades ever happened and perhaps the Inquisition was just a fairy tale? So go on repute my comments if you can….

However as I’m sure that will prove too difficult, here are a couple of easy ones, based on this site there are 2.1 billion Christians in the world today, where are the other 4 billion going when they die??????

As a father what if im a Christian however my son decides to choose atheism or perhaps one of the many other religions available, how am I supposed to enjoy my time in heaven when I now my beloved son is eternally burning in a lake of fire???? Will god erase my memory?????? Can you at least answer this one?
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Literally true. Luther split from the Church; the Church did not split off from him.

Understood.

I generally limit myself to the example of the earliest Christians in the Bible....It limits the need to believe in mystical mumbo jumbo hocus pocus like transubstantiation and good ole fashion goddess worship that preys on the extreme guilt and lack of assurance of others.

They're all just terms anyway...Ultimately, I don't have to call myself a Christian, I don't have to go to Church, I don't have to be baptised, I don't even need the Bible....even bibliology can become bibliolatry.(idolatry)

Christainaity is rather simple. It has nothing to do with a complicated system of rituals.

There is nothing wrong with customs, traditions and rituals, its just when they replace faith in Christ alone that they become a problem.

Perhaps the Catholic Church had good intentions, but it has been perverted to the point that in cannot be justified by the Bible...in fact it is antithetical to it. If you are relying on anything other than Christ for your salvation, how can it be called Christianity....

The earliest Biblical Christians were not Catholics and weren't even called Christians. I have little regard for what happens outside the context of Scripture when it comes to spirituality.

I find it hard to believe that the earliest Christians would prescibe to the Catholic belief system. I doubt Peter or Paul (the self proclaimed CHEIF of all sinners!)....whoever, to consider themselves as Infallible Holy Fathers.

EDIT

Sorry for laughing....I'm nocturnal and was over tired.