Skyrad

Who was Jesus? Vote now...

Are you in any way familiar with how the Bible came to be? How the Church decided which books to include, which to leave out, which to make public, and which would remain private? Do you realize there are almost as many versions of the Bible as there are different religions that use it?

Do you think for one second that God, the omnipitent personage that he is, who created eveything that is, could inspire men to write down his word, only to be duped by mideavel religous fanatics who wanted to make thier own version??? Now that's funny.

God is able to ensure that his word lasts from age to age. Also, there is only 1 Bible, not many, the others are counterfiets. There are different translations, of the bible, but only one BIBLE.

Ohhhh kayyyyy...:S
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I mean look, it's simple.. the sacrifice is that Jesus left his exalted place in heaven with the father, come to this earth humbly as a mortal man, waxs betrayed by his own countrymen, treated like a criminal, and made to suffer the most cruel inhumane form of death, cruxifiction, at which point he DIED, (death means seperation of the spirit / soul from the body)

So what? That's no different than what all of us go through. If death is a symbolic sacrifice, then hell, we all die!

wrestled the keys of death from Satan, rose from the grave 3 days later, the ministered on this eath for (I believe) 40 days before returning to the Father in Heaven.

So what? Is it somehow difficult for God to beat Satan? only one of them is supposed to be omnipotent, remember?

And anyway, what was the point of all of the above? What did it achieve that couldn't have simply been decreed by God without all the aggravation?

If you were the prince, and you left the castle to be a peasant, and get your body beat and broken, to pay for a theft that some other folks commited, so that they could go to the castle to live as your adopted brothers, would you not consider that a sacrifice?

I'd consider it bloody stupid, seeing as he could have just let everyone in without the needless hassle.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I think it is more like a king who is owed a bunch of money by the peasants, so he gives his son enough money to cover those debts, sends him out to disperse the funds among the peasants, then welcomes the peasants back when they show up to pay off their debts using the money he gave them.

Jakee, I don't know if you have ever read the entire Bible, but it is so full of BS and contradictions it is a miracle in and of itself that anyone who tries to make sense of it can retain their sanity. Debating with those who claim to have made sense of it can cause one to lose their own sanity. :S

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

there is only 1 Bible, not many, the others are counterfiets. There are different translations, of the bible, but only one BIBLE.

Just to remove any vagueness or ambiguity, please specify which particular Bible that is. A clear, direct, unambiguous, unevasive answer would be appreciated.

Just to remove any vagueness or ambiguity, please specify which particular Bible that is. A clear, direct, unambiguous, unevasive answer would be appreciated.

The Holy Bible..... Just to clarify, as in NOT the Mormos 'other' testament of Jesus Christ....

The one translated by King James... and the other 'translations such as... NLV, NKJV, NIV etc.

Clicketh
Tact is not my specialty.....

Dirty Sanchez #453

Has anyone seen the History Channel special on books left out of the bible. It's amazing. Like three TOTALLY different depictions of hell, nothing like what we know of now. By the way there is no justification for hell. it's sadism, ego-mania and it eliminates the one true thing we evolved with and thats free will. Hell is just a scare tactic. A antagonist to a story. The show also talks about the last book revelation. How there were like 4 other versions and they were completely different. I have said it before: you think if there was truly a heaven and hell and God looking down on us there wouldn't be so much guesswork. There would be one way and not thousands of different ways. People need there to be a God, afterlife, etc. It gives them hope. People are not self-reliant. If the thought process known as faith, religion, etc. never evolved and every person took matters into there own hands and dealt with it then and there, then this world would be a better place. Actually if society never came about it would truly be a better place, but oh well. i guess it was inevitable.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

Has anyone seen the History Channel special on books left out of the bible. It's amazing. Like three TOTALLY different depictions of hell, nothing like what we know of now. By the way there is no justification for hell. it's sadism, ego-mania and it eliminates the one true thing we evolved with and thats free will. Hell is just a scare tactic. A antagonist to a story. The show also talks about the last book revelation. How there were like 4 other versions and they were completely different. I have said it before: you think if there was truly a heaven and hell and God looking down on us there wouldn't be so much guesswork. There would be one way and not thousands of different ways. People need there to be a God, afterlife, etc. It gives them hope. People are not self-reliant. If the thought process known as faith, religion, etc. never evolved and every person took matters into there own hands and dealt with it then and there, then this world would be a better place. Actually if society never came about it would truly be a better place, but oh well. i guess it was inevitable.

Now, if you are a student of evolution, you know that our current reality is the best possible outcome of all the interactions & possibilities that have preceded us. If God was not real and an essential part of our lives, He would have died out long ago. Quit fighting evolution, you won't win.

I think religion is evolving too. from early polythiestic religions based on eclipses and superstitions to more modern religions that have had to accept, and adapt to scientific discovery and scientific theories. why would gods orginal word need to be revised? (old testament - new testament)
Born ok 1st time.

Now, if you are a student of evolution, you know that our current reality is the best possible outcome of all the interactions & possibilities that have preceded us.

Eh?

You're obviously not a student of evolution.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You're obviously not a student of evolution.

Looking around, I can see how you could possibly mistake evolution for selecting for the inept and least fit. But actually, believe it or not, every living thing here stands the test of time and selective pressure. We are the best nature could produce up to this point. Thanks be to God though, He did step in and give us a leg up on being all He planed for us to be.

The Holy Bible..... Just to clarify, as in NOT the Mormos 'other' testament of Jesus Christ....

The one translated by King James... and the other 'translations such as... NLV, NKJV, NIV etc.

Clicketh

FYI as a Mormon I also read the Holy Bible oh and it's the King James Translation. The Book of Mormon & The Doctrine and Covenant are seperate books.
What's your big hang up on Mormons anyways? Did you get turned down by one? I would offer you ice cream and hugs to ease the sting but then you would have to get close to *gasp* a Mormon!
DS #149
Yes I only have 3 jumps...it's the magic number dude.