nerdgirl

Should being annoying in public be a finable offense?

I think this law exists to address the migrant mime population that arrives in Brighton each year.

:|

Or Gilbert Gottfried.

Or people that eat that hard black wax that encases some cheeses.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Don't take this the wrong way, but your post seems schizophrenic: it's an exceptional place to live, where the cops and local courts enjoy being pricks, and many of the people can be even bigger pricks than the cops. I'm gonna go pack my bags.

Yeah...I'd say that's pretty exceptional...wouldn't you? Just like SC is an exceptional forum.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/exceptional

But yeah, take a break from the heat this summer and come on up...I'll show you around...You're gonna love it!

Don't worry...there will be no cops there and we'll be the only two pricks around.

And I'll promise to tell the ladies only to prick-tease you.;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

>(The police) even sent an 18 year old to jail for the whole summer (90 days-the max)for drinking underage. (first offense)

>>I doubt the police did that. Maybe a judge did.

This is true, but I wouldn't say that is any better.

But back to the cops...I'm assuming this law would require a cop to witness the annoying act. A friend of mine told me he was acting like a belligerent prick to the cop after he already been arrested....They were at the hospital to get a blood test for the BAC and he kept talking sht...the cop got so pissed that he starting choking my buddy on the gurney. I think if someone is acting that annoying, perhaps they should be ticketed. My buddy can be a real jerk...he also knew the cop.

I reckon it is best I just take a ride up there to invetigate the situation and find out if there was an event or series of events that lead to this ordinance....just don't hold your breath, the car has been acting up.

>They were at the hospital to get a blood test for the BAC and he kept talking
>sht...the cop got so pissed that he starting choking my buddy on the gurney.

That's unfortunate. The result of that is that a (likely) good cop loses his job and the jerk gets a nice fat payout for being a jerk.

That's unfortunate. The result of that is that a (likely) good cop loses his job and the jerk gets a nice fat payout for being a jerk.

Agreed....but the jerk never said anything about it...He's a reasonable jerk.

Overall, I'm thinking the law has to do with incidents like this, where the cop is present...It will be a great benefit for this law if the cops are reasonable too, and can excercise proper discretion.