Andrewwhyte

Caroline Kennedy

Anyone think she has a shred of credibility as a candidate for Senate appointment? I mean besides the fact that she is a princess.

She is way more qualified than Palin
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Anyone think she has a shred of credibility as a candidate for Senate appointment? I mean besides the fact that she is a princess.

How so? Palin has served municipally and Gubernatorally. Her depth of service would not stand up well against some of the others rumoured for the NY seat, but It is still a better record than Kennedy's non existent one.

Unfortunantly I think she probably will be our new senator:(

She has never done anything but be born with a name, and live in the White House as a kid. Untill today when she went on a tour she had never even been in Upstate New York, and she admitted it. How can she represent a state when she hardly even knows it exists.>:(

:D:D

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Well, that's a pretty low bar.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

From Drudge: IT'S SEN. CAROLINE: LIKE IT OR NOT!

:S:S

When is the seat up for re-election? 2010 right? So, in a way, I think this could work well for the Republican party...if they can get their act together...:|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

She has never done anything but be born with a name, and live in the White House as a kid. Untill today when she went on a tour she had never even been in Upstate New York, and she admitted it. How can she represent a state when she hardly even knows it exists.>:(

And this is different from your CURRENT Senator, how?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Ok, let's just look at her life.

Interned with her uncle Ted. That alone is probably more educational and Congressional experience than most first time Senators have.

She actually has and continues to live in New York. Who the fuck cares if she's ever visited upper state New York? Ok, some people in up state New York sure, but my guess is that's the same all over the country if you look at a lot of Senators and places they've been.

She was the Director of the Office of Strategic Partnerships for the the New York City Department of Education. She worked for 1 dollar and raised $65 MILLION for public schools. No small task.

She has done a lot more significant work than a lot of first time Senators.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

When is the seat up for re-election? 2010 right? So, in a way, I think this could work well for the Republican party...if they can get their act together...:|

As soon as Hillary vacates the blind Gov. makes the appt. Unless he's caught trying to sell it. Here> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081205/ap_on_el_se/kennedy_senate_seat
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

As soon as Hillary vacates the blind Gov. makes the appt. Unless he's caught trying to sell it. Here> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081205/ap_on_el_se/kennedy_senate_seat

Think he's been in contact with Blago in regards to a good auctioneer? ;)
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Donno. But he can go to court and testify under oath "I never saw a thing"

Donno. But he can go to court and testify under oath "I never saw a thing"

*groans*

Dude, that's just WRONG... :D
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

As long as this remains open, it's a news story today, tomorrow and next week. If I was Paterson, I'd put an end to the pressure and distraction, as well as the presumption, by appointing Andrew Cuomo today. That stops it being a news story next week, and reminds those who need to hear it just who the f***g Governor is.

Anyone think she has a shred of credibility

Her last name is Kennedy and not Khadija.

I think that counts for a little less than half the country.

Interesting remark, since at one time in America, "Irish need not apply" and a name like Kennedy was enough to block a lot of ambitions.

Anyway, her name now is Schlossberg, and she's been an uptown Manhattan socialite for over a generation. That and Hillary's seat was also RFK's seat, in other words, it's NY's "reserved for carpetbaggers with ambitions" seat in the Senate.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

And this is different from your CURRENT Senator, how?

Hillary DID get elected.

The short period before the reelection is actually the only compelling reason for picking her. She's totally unqualified otherwise.

The Democrats need to pick someone that can effectively fund raise for the 2010 reelection. That will be as significant a midterm election as 1994 was, with the DNC hoping to get their 60 senate seats.

The Democrats need to pick someone that can effectively fund raise for the 2010 reelection.

Uh . . . she was able to raise $65 million for New York city public schools. I think you're barking up the wrong tree if you think she can't raise money.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The Democrats need to pick someone that can effectively fund raise for the 2010 reelection.

Uh . . . she was able to raise $65 million for New York city public schools. I think you're barking up the wrong tree if you think she can't raise money.

WHOOSH!

uh, that was exactly my point. That's her only qualification.

Though I must add, raising $65M is a bit on the small side for such a massive school system. It's like McCain bitching about 8B in earmarks while spending hundreds of billions on Iraq.

As long as this remains open, it's a news story today, tomorrow and next week. If I was Paterson, I'd put an end to the pressure and distraction, as well as the presumption, by appointing Andrew Cuomo today. That stops it being a news story next week, and reminds those who need to hear it just who the f***g Governor is.

What he is is a lackey of the people REALLY IN POWER. Take that to the bank. ;)