mnealtx

Just on CNN - Blagojevich arrested?

>Just a few posts into the thread and moral relativism rears it's left leaning head.....

Actually, it's the right wingers who defend that picture, since Saddam Hussein was an enemy of our enemy back then, and thus our friend. But add some moral relativism, a bit of forgetfulness about the past, and a pinch of rationalization - and you have right wingers who both support Rumsfeld and condemn Hussein as the baddest of the bad.

And Ayers was not a bad guy when Barack was hanging out with him right? You can't have it both ways.

John,

Aren't you happy that you now have a chance for a Governor that isn't that stupid? He must have driven all you Illinois folks nuts.

Who should be indited (sp?) along with him is whomever cuts his hair. I mean WTF is with that? This isn't the 70's anymore.:S

Very astute observation. I don't trust any male with that much hair.

But you have to realize that politics is a spectator sport in Illinois. Most of the people I've talked to seem to be amused rather than pissed-off. They would rather have an effective crook in office than an incompetent paragon of virtue. Trouble with Blago is that he is both crooked AND incompetent, which is what differentiates him from the Daleys.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Just a few posts into the thread and moral relativism rears it's left leaning head.....

Actually, it's the right wingers who defend that picture, since Saddam Hussein was an enemy of our enemy back then, and thus our friend. But add some moral relativism, a bit of forgetfulness about the past, and a pinch of rationalization - and you have right wingers who both support Rumsfeld and condemn Hussein as the baddest of the bad.

And Ayers was not a bad guy when Barack was hanging out with him right? You can't have it both ways.

Sure you can, since some people change their ways for the better, and others don't. As a self-professed Christian, you should appreciate that.

Sure you can, since some people change their ways for the better, and others don't. As a self-professed Christian, you should appreciate that.

So, since Hussein backslid after he was our ally, your constant referal to the Rummy/Sadam pic is nothing more than a political ploy.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

show me how Ayers has changed his values, just because he changed tactics doesn't mean he has changed anything else for the better. his books have proven he is still the same person, just without the violence.

show me how Ayers has changed his values, just because he changed tactics doesn't mean he has changed anything else for the better. his books have proven he is still the same person, just without the violence.

Really? And I thought he was an award winning educator these days.

So, since Hussein backslid after he was our ally, your constant referal to the Rummy/Sadam pic is nothing more than a political ploy.

Hussein was a nasty bastard when he murdered his way to power, he was a nasty bastard when he was our ally, and he was a nasty bastard after we turned on him.

What does that have to do with anything???

--------------------------------------------------
I am a greek midget

what does the awards have to do with the fact he is a radical, murdering terrorist? Because he found he could spread his poison in a different manner doesn't change who he is.

"Ubi Est Mea" - unofficial Chicago motto according to late columnist Mike Royko. I would love to see what he would have written about this.

Better, I think is the line of late columnist Lewis Grizzard, who famously said that there was only one good thing to come out of Chicago--Interstate 65 South.

I65 doesn't come from Chicago.

Which would leave how many good things coming out of Chicago? ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

what does the awards have to do with the fact he is a radical, murdering terrorist? Because he found he could spread his poison in a different manner doesn't change who he is.

Peace activism is "poison"? Only in the minds of the radical right. Ayers didn't kill anyone.

Fact is, Ayers DID change, and Saddam did not. Saddam was a murdering SOB when Rummy shook his hand. Saddam was gassing Kurds while Reagan was supporting him.

edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/11/20/sbm.documents/index.html

"Ubi Est Mea" - unofficial Chicago motto according to late columnist Mike Royko. I would love to see what he would have written about this.

Better, I think is the line of late columnist Lewis Grizzard, who famously said that there was only one good thing to come out of Chicago--Interstate 65 South.

I65 doesn't come from Chicago.

Which would leave how many good things coming out of Chicago? ;)

Blues,
Dave

Grizzard was a bitter racist who's main talent was to make rednecks laugh.

WC Fields didn't like Philadelphia.

Peace activism is "poison"? Only in the minds of the radical right. Ayers didn't kill anyone.

Fact is, Ayers DID change, and Saddam did not. Saddam was a murdering SOB when Rummy shook his hand. Saddam was gassing Kurds while Reagan was supporting him.

charles manson didn't actually kill anyone either

charles manson didn't actually kill anyone either

Like how many degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon?

Rumsfeld, Reagan, Bush I, Manson and Ayers are all 1 degree separated, as "palling with murderers", and Obama with 2 degrees of separation as "palling with someone who once palled with murderers".

I bet there are a whole lot of Americans who know someone who once knew a murderer. Just think of all the friends of people who knew OJ.

Of course, Manson WAS tried and convicted of something.

The fact is that Ayers was tried and got off on a tech. He was guilty and still is, he has not changed at all, only his method of delivery. He is quoted as saying guilty as hell and free as a bird, while stomping on an american flag, also that his only regret was that he had not done enough, not that he had bombed buildings, and yes he did kill, three of his own were killed. Ayers deservers and should be lined up in front of a firing line for treason.

I am a greek midget

Has SC now come down to comparing evil with evil?:S

Ayers didn't kill anyone but set off bombs where someone could have been killed.

Using a page from Billvon's book of moral relativism: Looking at the Ayers scenario, I should be allowed to walk into a McDonald's shooting a gun but if I don't hit or kill anyone, I'm just an activist. Extra points if I become a prize winning educator.:S

I know a mass murderer. I didn't really pal around him much, but I was at a couple of parties where he was.
I know Craig Girard. If you know Craig that makes you 2 degrees separated from a mass murderer. You monster.

Yes, this guilt by association thing is a bit silly, isn't it. But the righties seem to love it.

Has SC now come down to comparing evil with evil?:S

Ayers didn't kill anyone but set off bombs where someone could have been killed.

Using a page from Billvon's book of moral relativism: Looking at the Ayers scenario, I should be allowed to walk into a McDonald's shooting a gun but if I don't hit or kill anyone, I'm just an activist. Extra points if I become a prize winning educator.:S

For whatever reasons*, Reagan's AG dropped all charges. You may not be so lucky to get a softie like William French Smith in charge of your case;)

* lack of evidence is a pretty good reason.

Seemed to work quite well for the lefties prior to the election.:P

Translation: being associated with George W. Bush is more poisonous than being associated with Ayers or Rev. Wright. ;)

It must hurt to realize that.

Translation: being associated with George W. Bush is more poisonous than being associated with Ayers or Rev. Wright. ;)

It must hurt the country to realize that.

fixed it for ya

I am a greek midget

It must hurt the 27% of the country that still thinks Bush is doing a good job to realize that.

fixed it for ya

Well, you ALMOST got it right.

Actually, I don't think that Bush is doing a good job,... or that he ever did, but it shows that this country is in a very sad state when it is better to be associated with a known terrorist than the pres.

I am a greek midget