floatnfly

Scumbag child molester detained?

I just got word that the scumbag child molester, formerly known as Graham Harding, has been detained. I have no details yet, but I hope it is true. If so, this is a good day.

C Ya,
Mikey

Wow, i hadn't heard he had already been tried and convicted???:S:S That sure was fast.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I just got word that the scumbag child molester, formerly known as Graham Harding, has been detained. I have no details yet, but I hope it is true. If so, this is a good day.

C Ya,
Mikey

Wow, i hadn't heard he had already been tried and convicted???:S:S That sure was fast.

-because if he hadn't been tried and convicted yet, it didn't happen! :)

I love people that defend child molestors and try to pull 'innocent until proven guilty' bullshit out of a hat. I guess just proving your legal prowess, yes? Because arraignment and plea aren't part of the process at all...just a jury and a conviction.

You have to wonder if you would be of the same opinion if it was your son or daughter- or sister or brother- that was the victim of sexual assault. If it hadn't been tried (can take up to 2 years or more), and someone tried to tell you that it didn't actually happen because 12 jackasses too stupid to get out of jury duty hadn't met to listen to some scumbag defense that you'd know FULL WELL was bullshit and decide if the action, which HAPPENED, had or had not happened 'legally'.

But by all means, protect the innocent...because kids often make up explicit details of sexual assault, and repeat it to a parent, hospital, and prosecutor for the hell of it. They probably do it for the attention! They make up all kinds of shit to get to go to a therapist. Darn rascals! :D

Why the fuck is this conversation here anyway? >:( I thought there were rules against this shit...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

But by all means, protect the innocent...because kids often make up explicit details of sexual assault, and repeat it to a parent, hospital, and prosecutor for the hell of it. They probably do it for the attention! They make up all kinds of shit to get to go to a therapist. Darn rascals! :D

This is actually true. What I say next has no bearing on any incident that happened, nor am I implying anything other than what I saw. Keep that in mind. I do not have the source, so keep that in mind as well.

A psychologist videotaped a meeting between a kid and an adult. Then, someone else interviewed the kid and was told they were sexually molested by the adult videotaped. Sure enough, after enough questioning, the children pointed to 'that place' on the doll, or said that they were touched inappropriately. Of course, they weren't and the video tape proves that.

What was happening, is that the questioner had a bias, and the children eventually ended up telling them what they wanted to hear. The children were frustrated when they did not give the answer the questioner wanted to hear, and the questioner unintentionally projected frustration when they didn't hear what they wanted to hear. This was not a one time thing, it occurred in a significant number of the kids.

So, having that sort of attitude could very well lead to innocent people being convicted. And even if you're not, the stigma of even having been charged will follow you the rest of your life.

So yes, skepticism is always a good idea. Even if it were a child I know and care about.

Why the fuck is this conversation here anyway? >:( I thought there were rules against this shit..

You can discuss it in regards to factual incidents and certain political issues. Seeing as how the accused is a skydiver as well, I believe it is permissible.

One typically is not charged with 'unlawful flight to avoid prosecution', unless he or she is trying to escape pending charges. But what the hell do I know? I only have a degree in Criminal Justice.

Broken hearts and dirty windows make it difficult to see. That's why last night and this morning always look the same to me.

The scumbag has been brought back to the U.S. to face his charges. Will justice be served? Maybe you defenders of your sacred ex-skydiving champion would like to ask two Deland girls and their mother about it.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/WestVolusia/wvlWEST02120608.htm

With video:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/12/5/sexual_abuse_suspect_arrested_after_fleeing_to_south_africa.html

http://www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global%5B_id%5D=17009

Now... on to doing something about the mindless fools who helped this contemptible piece of excrement flee for a year.

The scumbag has been brought back to the U.S. to face his charges. Will justice be served? Maybe you defenders of your sacred ex-skydiving champion would like to ask two Deland girls and their mother about it.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/WestVolusia/wvlWEST02120608.htm

With video:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/12/5/sexual_abuse_suspect_arrested_after_fleeing_to_south_africa.html

http://www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global%5B_id%5D=17009

Now... on to doing something about the mindless fools who helped this contemptible piece of excrement flee for a year.

If you know that someone helped this guy then you need to go to the police. Right now you're justing shouting into a cave. We'll be happy to hear all about it when there are formal charges.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Wow, i hadn't heard he had already been tried and convicted???CrazyCrazy That sure was fast.

He admitted it to his ex wife and attorney, then fled the country a few days before they issued the arrest warrant. I am all for a fair trial, but he ADMITTED IT.

He should burn.

IF anyone in Deland helped him flee then they should be charged with crimes as well. Friends is one thing, but helping a guy run away from this is AWFUL. I shudder to think that people helped him. Especially since I have a feeling that those children are probably skydivers kids and the people that MAY have helped him are probably jumpers as well.
Dom

Wow, i hadn't heard he had already been tried and convicted???CrazyCrazy That sure was fast.

He admitted it to his ex wife and attorney, then fled the country a few days before they issued the arrest warrant. I am all for a fair trial, but he ADMITTED IT.

He should burn.

IF anyone in Deland helped him flee then they should be charged with crimes as well. Friends is one thing, but helping a guy run away from this is AWFUL. I shudder to think that people helped him. Especially since I have a feeling that those children are probably skydivers kids and the people that MAY have helped him are probably jumpers as well.

I've been wondering if anyone had noticed the line from the earlier article:

The Witness learnt that Harding molested the children, who are sisters, when they were younger than 11 in Florida and Arizona [emphasis supplied] from 2003 until he fled the country.

If the above is accurate, then the likelihood that they're not the children of a skydiving family is pretty close to nil.

I've been wracking my brain in an effort to imagine who in DeLand would've helped him, but under the circumstances, I just can't fathom it.

On the other hand, Mikey Darden is a forthright, honest and trustworthy guy, and if he says someone did, then I guess I have to believe it even if it hurts my heart to do so.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

The Witness learnt that Harding molested the children, who are sisters, when they were younger than 11 in Florida and Arizona [emphasis supplied] from 2003 until he fled the country.

It did not get past me.

The article also mentioned that one of the children tired to kill herself over this.

There have been cases in the past (as another poster already said) where children will lie about this sort of thing just by having the suggestion planted in their heads in some way. In fact I have seen a few specials on incidents where MANY children have lied about such things. I just dont think that they would try to kill themselves over it if it wasnt true.

I just hope that the poor children can recover from this to live half way decent lives after all this.

Anyone that would help him leave should be ashamed. If he is innocent, they should have encouraged him to stay and clear his name.
Dom

I heard today, that Graham was convicted this morning. Dont know the details but he should be spending at least the next decade pleasing BUBA. I hope they dont hold back on him.

This is good news, although a decade seems to be too short a time.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

The posting police came out and instructed me to "Please continue this in the thread I already created." So, I am complying.

This was discussed in this thread some months ago as he was detained and placed in custody to await trial. He has had his trial and is now convicted. Some details that were omitted before will shock you.

For those who wondered if the children he molested were the children of skydivers: Indeed, they were. They were his own step-daughters; primarily the younger one. She was subjected to his molestation beginning about age 6 and continuing through about age 16.

For those who spouted the 'innocent until proved guilty' line: He admitted it to his then wife, Barbara; a detective; and a few skydiving friends. He then fled the country with the help of a few high profile South African skydivers. It sickens me that those who aided and abetted him are parents of young children, as well, and still chose to help him elude this heinous crime. Some example they are setting for their own children. One accomplice still maintains that this is "... only family, religious, and psychiatric matter, not a legal one." This person sat on my couch in my living room and said that to me. As of that very instant, he was no longer my friend. Disgusting.

Barbara Harding and her daughters have had a shitstorm of trauma, guilt, and fear to deal with the past year an a half in addition to the horror the youngest daughter has endured for the 10 years prior. The battle is not over... It's only begun with this slight victory of the first conviction. The following is from Barbara and posted with her permission. Names of the minor children have been omitted. If you know the family, you already know their names, anyway:

Although Graham faced life without parole … mid-way through yesterday’s trial, we considered and accepted a plea bargain, because the defense attorney was battering (Victim) to a point she could bear no longer. Without going into too much detail, he has benefited from committing his crime in multiple states, and we were only able to charge him thus far, with the crimes committed in FL from March 2003 forward. And the defense attorney created false confusion around the dates during which (Victim) was under the age of 12. The way the law works is this … if you sexually assault a child under the age of 12, it is a life sentence … if over 12, something less, and within the discretion of the judge. So when we moved back to FL so he could join the US Skydiving team, (Victim) was 11, and just 6 months from her 12th birthday … which made specificity of her memories vital … and with all the emotion and badgering from the defense counsel – she could take no more … and as her mother, I could not allow further assault of her and the truth she fights to make known. Her earliest memories of him assaulting her date back to the age of 5, maybe 6. Graham met (Victim) when she was 4; (Victim's sister) 6.

Graham plead guilty to the two lesser counts of varied degrees of molestation – despite the fact it occurred weekly – not just twice. He did so in front of a filled courtroom of our circle of friends and supporters. The fact that he “penetrated” her is the legal term used … and while yesterdays’ trial did not prove this aspect … all in the courtroom knew it to be true – and witnessed the attorney’s assault on an emotional 17 yr old girl with a decade of truth to share, but only portions of which were legally relevant.

He will serve 12 years in the state prison … plus 18 years thereafter of sexual offender supervised probation and by FL law, he cannot get released early until he has served at least 85% of his sentence. The significance of the 30 yr aggregate (12+18) timeline relates to the 2 charges he plead guilt to – each of which could carry a max 15 yr sentence. They would consider early release after 85% assuming “good behavior”. He is also credited with “time served” for the 306 days he has sat in the county jail. Upon release, since he is not a U.S. citizen, he will be deported. I did my best to protect my children and other children … and I’m not done yet. He has still not been held accountable for his worst offenses, so hopefully within the next few years, we can successfully achieve a life sentence in Arizona … as (Victim) was 6,7 & 8 during those crimes, and the specificity of his actions during those years is worse than what he did to her in later years. So we will press on, because if he is ever released, we cannot bear the thought of him finding another victim.

I’m not sure if South Africa will pick up the registered sex offender status or not, if and when he returns to SA …

I’m tired. I’m exhausted. I feel defeated, but will try in time to look upon yesterday the way (Victim) does … “one day on the road to convicting him as he should be …” I wish during her testimony, I could have given my daughter some of experience of dealing with attorneys, while she battled the expertise of his defense attorney, but she did an amazing job for such a young woman, while enduring the awkwardness and insecurities of testifying about such dreadful memories. But I had to stop it. The plea was the right thing to do.

(Victim) wants to prosecute in AZ – she believes they cannot twist her testimony over the acts that occurred in that state. But for now, we rest and hug and remind ourselves what matters.

The detective involved also reminded me … that surviving 10 years in prison on a sexual assault charge isn’t an easy thing to do. But I can’t count circumstance, when other children will be at risk, at the hands of a man, we have the tools to contain. I will begin discussions with AZ authorities soon, to determine appropriateness of next steps – assuming (Victim) wants to continue her fight. This is about (Victim) – and what she wants – not what anyone else thinks, or believes should happen. So long as she wants to press on, I will fight along side her.

Yesterday was a painful and emotional day in court for those of us present to support Barbara and her daughter. I can't even begin to imagine what was coursing through their minds and bodies as they faced this beast in court. Although we didn't get the intended outcome when we walked into court that morning, it's still a great step toward healing. If you know Barb and the girls (or not) and want to send some words of support, drop her a note at bharding @ cfl.rr.com
She may not answer right away or at all, but would probably appreciate the outreach.