TomAiello

DPMS LR 308

Tom, just a heads up on DPMS.. many of there AR-10
do not have shell deflectors or forward assists. In a ar I would really like to have a forward assist. I have use my several times on my 5.56. I can imanage a larger round like a 308 needing one to close the breech.
Check out Rock River Arms (RRA). they have really nice gear for equal or better prices.
The only thing DPMS has ( IMO) is the chryo-accurizing, I believe you can send any barrel to DPMS for that customizing.
Remington has a new AR-25 chambered in 308 however I believe they are using DPMS uppers, then they camo paint the whoe gun, sell it for more money with a 5 round HUNTING mag. I don't have any experience with the remington, But the DPMS and RRA are great guns.
also good choice in 308 being a NATO round( 7.62) I believe you will always have optins in buying factory ammo.
I was in the market for one for sometime know, but I noticed alot of PAWN shops having BAR, Winchester, and others chamberes in 30-06. I guess Hunters are trading in their guns for the 7 Mag. or the 300 WM. These guns have scopes, and are priced around $350- 400. Better price for me for what I want and still a NATO round with plenty of manufacture ammo. Here in SE Texas a ferral hog or whitetail will be an avarge 100 yrd. shot. Still out in west TX a 30-06 will accomplish a 3-400 yrd. shot with slightly less droping power as opposed to the300 WM or 7 mag , but will get the job done.
Also it can still be used as a defensive gun, IMO because the 30-06 was the parrent case for the 308, 270, 243, 300 WM and the 7Mag and others.

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

The Remington AR-25 is a DPMS LR-308. A year or two ago Remington, Bushmaster, and DPMS were bought out in a consolidation deal by some financial group.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

The Remington AR-25 is a DPMS LR-308. A year or two ago Remington, Bushmaster, and DPMS were bought out in a consolidation deal by some financial group.

That would be Cerberus. They also own several other firearm companies and associated products/companies/training venues.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING