Amazon

Only in Texas

I brought up what exactly?

This comment from you:

I take it, then, that in murder for hire situation you'd be OK if the hit-men get off scot free .

I then asked if you knew the difference between trying to prevent a crime and being hired to commit one. You then danced around till I got tired watching.

Really...You would think you would just be honest instead of the BS song and dance you always give when you are proven wrong.

You keep going on about preventing a crime from being committed, but there WAS no crime being committed.

According to the parties involved, one made the claim that there was a crime happening, one saw the data and thought a crime was happening, the police and justice system believe that the participant that acted to prevent the crime acted correctly given the situation.

I guess you would have just sat and watched your wife getting raped to make sure she was not lying to you.

Man up and answer and stop the BS dodge tactics.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

the answer lies in Tarrant County, Texas.
Not in the newspapers.

According to court records published there, he caught them together, in the truck, in "the act".

How are people supposed to judge this case if you keep throwing the facts and truth into it?
:|
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

You keep going on about preventing a crime from being committed, but there WAS no crime being committed.

Your hindsight is outstanding. He saw a guy with his wife who was in a robe and underwear screaming rape. He believed, because of his wife, a violent crime was being committed.

The standard for killing someone ought to be very very high. IMO, just believing a crime was committed is not an acceptable reason.

What standard would be higher than knowing? His wife said she was being raped. It wouldn't get any clearer than that for me. You're using hindsight again. If the guy could take a time out, move forward in time a few days, see how it all played out, then go back and make a decision, then I'm sure his actions would've been different. It was a split second decision based on his wife's screaming rape.

sometimes people like to overthink things, and sometimes that is good. this case is an instinct because of the circumstanses. we as skydivers try to have a plan for every problem and actually build senarios in our heads to counter problems. this guy probably didn't prethink how he would react to his wife being raped and acted out of instict that was breed into him.

sometimes people like to overthink things, and sometimes that is good. this case is an instinct because of the circumstanses. we as skydivers try to have a plan for every problem and actually build senarios in our heads to counter problems. this guy probably didn't prethink how he would react to his wife being raped and acted out of instict that was breed into him.

And therin lies the problem...as a human being with higher intelligence I would hope he would use that intelligence to rise above bad breeding.

the answer lies in Tarrant County, Texas.
Not in the newspapers.

According to court records published there, he caught them together, in the truck, in "the act".

Didn't the husband catch them in the act and then the deceased tried to drive off with the husband's wife still in the truck? At least that's how I remember it when it first happened.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

And therin lies the problem...as a human being with higher intelligence I would hope he would use that intelligence to rise above bad breeding.

and from the other side, a delay in action could have had harsh consiquences for the wife if it was actually a rape or other violent crime. We could go back and forth all day on this, but to the guy who thought his wife was being raped, he and the judicial system in texas thought he acted in good standing with the laws of Texas. case closed. wife goes to jail for being a lying cheating piece of shit. husband gets a divorce and all the marital property and she gets nothing. justice was actually served in this case.

justice was actually served in this case.

I tend to think that death for a case of adultery is a little too OLD Testament for the modern world 3500 years after those Jewish Laws were codified.

I think your idea of justice might be a little out of whack.

I wonder if this was carried thru for the posters of DIZZIE DOT COM.... how many users would be left... if they had to live up to the LAW as codified in Leviticus.

justice was actually served in this case.

I tend to think that death for a case of adultery is a little too OLD Testament for the modern world 3500 years after those Jewish Laws were codified.

I think your idea of justice might be a little out of whack.

I wonder if this was carried thru for the posters of DIZZIE DOT COM.... how many users would be left... if they had to live up to the LAW as codified in Leviticus.

Justice was served in that the woman will sit in jail for a few years and will lose virtually all of her material possessions. A fitting penalty for her part in causing the death of another person.
Her husband was not charged with a crime because under Texas law he was acting to protect his wife from a violent act. Anyone that does not agree with that would probably do well to not live in Texas.
The victim in this case paid a very steep price for his indiscretion. Calling his death justice would be wrong.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Justice was served in that the woman will sit in jail for a few years and will lose virtually all of her material possessions. A fitting penalty for her part in causing the death of another person.
Her husband was not charged with a crime because under Texas law he was acting to protect his wife from a violent act. Anyone that does not agree with that would probably do well to not live in Texas.
The victim in this case paid a very steep price for his indiscretion. Calling his death justice would be wrong.

Justice is administered by the law only.

Society putting the women in jail for murder? Justice

One man killing another man for any reason is not justice. It's either murder, or an accident. In this case an accident.

The man not going to jail for the accident. Justice.

I'll get disagreements on this, because don't seem to be able to separate what they think is right from wrong vs what is justice or not.

Another way to look at it - justice is defined by the process and the result, not the result alone. That's where many people mess it up.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

One man killing another man for any reason is not justice. It's either murder, or an accident.

Bzzt. Wrong. You omitted another very important category of killing: justifiable homicide. Killing someone in lawful self defense is justice, by definition, because it's permissible under the law.

If you think that all killings are either murder or accidents, with nothing in between, then you're thinking on this is way off.

This whole thing could have been prevented if men just stopped believing what women say all together:P:P:P

I think that was Kallends point.

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Bzzt. Wrong. You omitted another very important category of killing: justifiable homicide. Killing someone in lawful self defense is justice, by definition, because it's permissible under the law. .

"permissible" does not equal "justice" (Bzzt, zap, whatever)

I phrased that wrong because I was in a hurry. I was going to come back here and refute myself when I saw your post - there are a LOT of category of killings not just the three we've thrown out there so far,

but your spin is also wrong.

A killing is just a killing, justified or not, and there's a ton of different types of killing, some right, some wrong, etc. It's not justice, just a killing.

Justice (in terms of this case of justifiable killing) is when the killer is not punished because his action is deemed by society to not be detrimental to society and he poses no threat of murder in a non-justifiable way. Justice is administered by the people, not by individual.

So the killing is not justice, "not punishing the killer' is justice. See the difference?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

One man killing another man for any reason is not justice. It's either murder, or an accident. In this case an accident.

WRONG, Rehmwa, can't you get even this right. I can't believe you.

There's more than just two types of killing. Don't you mean there's active killing, and accidents? And there can be many ways to divide those up too? In any case, one person killing another is not justice, it's just an act that happens. Justice is the determination of guilt or innocence vs law and formal review sanctioned by society to protect its members from predators (and a bunch of politcal stuff I wouldn't categorize under the term "justice").

So the only killing that would be "justice" is capital punishment - since that's administered as an act of law for the sake of society. Now this will be argued by people that also confuse their 'personal' sense of justice with 'societal' justice. So be it. The self-righteous don't get it. The truly righteous don't seem to have a problem with the line of thought.

Look, my boy, stop wasting our time if you won't think things through.

justifiable homicide. Killing someone in lawful self defense is justice, by definition

here's another good one.

Justifiable equals justice ? nonsense, the determination of the act BEING justifiable is the justice part of it

then why do you need a legal review of the action to determine if it's "justifiable"? again, the action itself wasn't justice - the review of the action and the lawful response to that action itself is the 'justice'

again, an individual taking action, no matter the situation might be necessary and correct, but it's not justice - that road leads to vigilantism

So, do you consider Superman to be carrying out "justice" (in the context of the comic books?). Or just doing a lot of decent things for people.

It's an odd thing, but the only type of killing that is directly considered justice in this line of thought, would be capital punishment - where law and society puts a criminal to death as a response to his actions. That doesn't mean certain types of killing aren't "just", or "right", simply that they aren't tied to process, they are just actions/responses.

justifiable homicide. Killing someone in lawful self defense is justice, by definition

here's another good one.

Rehmwa, you're SO full of it.

here's another good one.

Rehmwa, you're SO full of it.

I'm confused.

No, you're not.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.