Amazon

Only in Texas

wow.

OJ was charged with murder.
This man wasn't.
The wife was charged with manslaughter.
HUGE legal difference between manslaughter and murder.

Apparently kallend and yourself are re-writing Texas legal codes though.
:S
Seeking the death penalty I'm sure.
Let's just keep-a-killin!

wow.

OJ was charged with murder.
This man wasn't.
The wife was charged with manslaughter.
HUGE legal difference between manslaughter and murder.

Apparently kallend and yourself are re-writing Texas legal codes though.
:S
Seeking the death penalty I'm sure.
Let's just keep-a-killin!

I predict that your position that whatever the government says is true will come back to haunt you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

There was NO rape. There was NO crime to stop.

You are STILL avoiding answering the question. Like normal you avoid answering things that proves your point is silly.

I take it, then, that in murder for hire situation you'd be OK if the hit-men get off scot free .

Do you, or do you not admit that there is a difference between trying to stop a crime and being hired to commit one?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Is adultery a crime in Texas?

Only if you're caught! And everyone should note that if the wife killed the husband or the husband killed the wife, then they would be charged.

A few years ago a dentist ran over her dentist husband in a hotel parking lot several times after catching the husband and his girlfriend checking into the hotel. The wife didn't go after the girlfriend, only the husband.

Sad thing was their daughter was in the car pleading with her mother to stop.

Blue skies,

Jim

So there was no crime except the homicide, and the trigger man got off. OK.

Still avoiding the question huh? Would it kill you to be honest just once and not dodge simple questions?

Rape is. He was told she was being raped.

Do you not recognize a difference between stopping a crime and being hired to commit one? If so, then your other bit was nothing more than an emotional distraction.

If I tell someone that you are robbing me does that entitle them to shoot you dead?

in texas and some other areas yes. great crime deterant isn't, if you could die from your actions. may make a couple people think twice. the lack of enforcement to punishments is imho the main cause of skyrocketing crime rates.

So there was no crime except the homicide, and the trigger man got off. OK.

Still avoiding the question huh? Would it kill you to be honest just once and not dodge simple questions?

Rape is. He was told she was being raped.

Do you not recognize a difference between stopping a crime and being hired to commit one? If so, then your other bit was nothing more than an emotional distraction.

If I tell someone that you are robbing me does that entitle them to shoot you dead?

in texas and some other areas yes. great crime deterant isn't, if you could die from your actions. may make a couple people think twice. the lack of enforcement to punishments is imho the main cause of skyrocketing crime rates.

Do you not think there's a duty to establish whether or not there ACTUALLY is a REAL crime before resorting to gunfire?

If everytime somone cries "WOLF" there's an immediate outbreak of shooting at the supposed wolf, I think we will be in a pretty bad way.

You are STILL avoiding answering the question. Like normal you avoid answering things that proves your point is silly.

I take it, then, that in murder for hire situation you'd be OK if the hit-men get off scot free .

Do you, or do you not admit that there is a difference between trying to stop a crime and being hired to commit one?

Not relevant in this case, since there was no rape. Take you hypotheticals elsewhere.:P

Do you not think there's a duty to establish whether or not there ACTUALLY is a REAL crime before resorting to gunfire?

If everytime somone cries "WOLF" there's an immediate outbreak of shooting at the supposed wolf, I think we will be in a pretty bad way.

If the wife (wolf) had a history of screaming rape or the husband knew she cheated in the past then the argument would be valid. I'm sure he believed what his wife was saying.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Don't sleep with married women and you don't have to worry about their husbands!!!!!

It has been my personal experience that some husbands do want to do that whole threesome thing... they usually get the wife to ask since they are too intimidated and chicken themselves.:ph34r:

So yes.. I guess you still have to worry about the husband.... hopefully he rolls over and goes to sleep early:D:D

Fair care to answer this:

"No....but I think you know the difference between trying to stop a crime and being hired to commit one. "

Responsible gun ownership should include the ability to deter a crime by showing your gun and only firing it when absolutely necessary.

Responsible gun ownership should include the ability to deter a crime by showing your gun and only firing it when absolutely necessary.

Do what now?

Responsibility in regards to carrying a weapon is only drawing the weapon in a deadly force scenario. Drawing your weapon in situations outside of a deadly force scenario is a prime example of a lack of maturity and a lack of responsibility.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Do what now?

Responsibility in regards to carrying a weapon is only drawing the weapon in a deadly force scenario. Drawing your weapon in situations outside of a deadly force scenario is a prime example of a lack of maturity and a lack of responsibility.

In your opinion, was this a "deadly force scenario" then?

I wasn't there, I don't know exactly what occurred and am unable to comment specifically on this case; however, an aggravated sexual assault can be considered a deadly force scenario. Once again, though, people are looking for a black and white argument or example. There really is no such thing as a true black and white in the law. You only think that (in black and white in terms of situations and law) if you're a new recruit just starting the academy.

I wasn't there, I don't know exactly what occurred and am unable to comment specifically on this case; however, an aggravated sexual assault can be considered a deadly force scenario. Once again, though, people are looking for a black and white argument or example. There really is no such thing as a true black and white in the law. You only think that (in black and white in terms of situations and law) if you're a new recruit just starting the academy.

That's a cop out. A deadly force scenario is if you see that the other person is armed. And none of the reports so far support that to be the case. The victim was unarmed and trying to get away. In your own words, the husband's action was "a prime example of a lack of maturity and a lack of responsibility".

A deadly force scenario is if you see that the other person is armed

Not always. You don't have to have a weapon to pose a significant threat to life. You're trying to think simply in black and white.

You're telling me what happened like you were there or you have read the court documents directly. Could you link the court documents or simply give us the play by play as you physically witnessed it?

Oh, wait, you're reciting what you read in the media? Wow, that's reliable!

It's not just Texas.

In the wayback, when I was in school, we had to read a Georgia case where a man was acquitted of killing his wife. His defense was that he had walked in on her in the act with another man. At the time, this was still valid precedent in Georgia (I'm not sure if it's been overturned now, or not).

There are still places in this country where "he needed killin'" is a fairly valid defense. This is both a good and bad thing.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com