Amazon

Only in Texas

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=10682

A Fort Worth man who killed his wife’s lover after finding them together has escaped murder charges from a grand jury.

Instead, the Tarrant County grand jury indicted Darrell Roberson’s wife, Tracy Roberson, accusing her of causing the shooting by claiming she was being raped.

The 35-year-old wife is charged with manslaughter in the death of Devin LaSalle.

Police say Roberson invited LaSalle to her home in December with a text message that said “I need to feel your warm embrace!”

If convicted after Wednesday’s indictment, Mrs. Roberson faces two to 20 years in prison.

Prosecutors say Darrell Roberson arrived home and found his wife clad in only a robe and underwear with LaSalle outside in a pickup truck.

They allege Mrs. Roberson told her 38-year-old husband she was being raped, so he fired four shots as LaSalle tried driving away.

One bullet struck LaSalle in the head.

Some legal experts say they’ve never quite heard a case quite like this.

Texas Wesleyan School of Law associate professor Jason Gillmer says a husband “is entitled to defend his wife and his family against aggravated assault.”

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=10682

A Fort Worth man who killed his wife’s lover after finding them together has escaped murder charges from a grand jury.

Instead, the Tarrant County grand jury indicted Darrell Roberson’s wife, Tracy Roberson, accusing her of causing the shooting by claiming she was being raped.

The 35-year-old wife is charged with manslaughter in the death of Devin LaSalle.

Police say Roberson invited LaSalle to her home in December with a text message that said “I need to feel your warm embrace!”

If convicted after Wednesday’s indictment, Mrs. Roberson faces two to 20 years in prison.

Prosecutors say Darrell Roberson arrived home and found his wife clad in only a robe and underwear with LaSalle outside in a pickup truck.

They allege Mrs. Roberson told her 38-year-old husband she was being raped, so he fired four shots as LaSalle tried driving away.

One bullet struck LaSalle in the head.

Some legal experts say they’ve never quite heard a case quite like this.

Texas Wesleyan School of Law associate professor Jason Gillmer says a husband “is entitled to defend his wife and his family against aggravated assault.”

i guess that will teach people to stop lying to cover up there moral wrong doeings.

i guess that will teach people to stop lying to cover up there moral wrong doeings.

That one pegged the ole morality meter:S:S:S:S

with all the shit i have seen people do, as in this case a woman, to cover cheating, i"m glad she will spend some time in jail.her actions caused the subsequent action and she should be partially to fully at fault

with all the shit i have seen people do, as in this case a woman, to cover cheating, i"m glad she will spend some time in jail.her actions caused the subsequent action and she should be partially to fully at fault

I would have to say that the guy who shot the victim in the back of the head might carry some of the blame.

Yeah, we be difrent down chere, lik no othur place in Merica. An ifun you don likeit, wel then, toff shit, I say. You ain't a gotta live here ifun you donna lik it. So yu best just leav us gud ol boys alone, cause we gots us lots o guns, an we kno how to use em. Fuck with our womin folk, and we shoot yo ass! Hear in Tejas wher freedom stil lives,we gotsta rite to shoot rapests.

By da way, I aint so sure bout the validity (phew, big word!) of dat dere web site of yors. Here's da story frum USA Today, a actaul reputeable newspaper:
Darrell Roberson came home from a card game late one night to find his wife rolling around with another man in a pickup in the driveway. Caught in the act with her lover, Tracy Roberson — thinking quickly, if not clearly — cried rape, authorities say. Her husband pulled a gun and killed the other man with a shot to the head... Assistant District Attorney Sean Colston declined to comment on specifics of the case or the grand jury proceedings but said Texas law allows a defendant to claim justification if he has "a reasonable belief that his actions are necessary, even though what they believe at the time turns out not to be true."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-03-31-womanindicted_N.htm

Now dat dere sounds a mite difrent than da way you trid to portrey it, eh? But whaddaIknow, I jes a dumb redneck. Dem peeple up dere in Seattle, dey sum smart mofos up der.

I would have to say that the guy who shot the victim in the back of the head might carry some of the blame.

He thought the guy was a rapist. So are you a fan of letting rapists run away so they can do it again? Maybe to your family members someday?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

He thought the guy was a rapist. So are you a fan of letting rapists run away so they can do it again? Maybe to your family members someday?

Not speaking for the person you're asking... but my opinion is that if the guy really believed that his wife had been raped he should be given every benefit of doubt and consideration in a case like this.

And if can be proven that his wife tried to cover her deception by crying rape at the heat of the moment when she was not being raped then she should face the consequences for her actions and be required to suffer the punishement.

At least on the surface, it doesn't appear that this guy was a rapist. It appears that he was decieved by his lover and killed out of right by the husband. If that's true, the woman he was having an affair with does deserve the due...

Then again, with so many question unanswered, who knows?
Owned by Remi #?

[replyHe thought the guy was a rapist. So are you a fan of letting rapists run away so they can do it again?

So it's O.K by you for someone to be killed because you THINK a crime has been committed.... and a Non-Capital crime too?
He did not use his weapon to stop a crime being committed, he executed some one after a POSSIBLE crime had been committed.

That is not a defensive act it's offensive.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

So you'd be ok with not protecting avenging your wife while after she was being raped then???
:S

I understand the sentiment, but that type of justice system leads to multi-generational blood feuds.

Edited to add: Since he was innocent I guess you are OK with the guy's brother blowing the shooters head off eh? I mean you would be OK with the guy's family protecting him while he is being shot. Right?

Caught in the act with her lover, Tracy Roberson — thinking quickly, if not clearly — cried rape, authorities say. Her husband pulled a gun and killed the other man with a shot to the head

depends on the actual incident I suppose - given this explanation of events, I'd say he responded in an acceptable manner - apparently the local prosecutors felt the same way.

*edited for grammatical reasons

So you'd be ok with not protecting your wife while she was being raped then???

The wording is little more fragile than that, isn't it? In the case as given the guy didn't act "while" his wife was raped but only on her word...after the fact with no immedient evidence to him.

If he acted in rage, believing her... I can forgive his action while not thinking it the best course. If she decided to deceve him outright then I do think she deserves to bear the punishment.
Owned by Remi #?

Nope ... but he didn't protect her did he?

he went into vigilante mode, after he THOUGHT (according to the earlier post) that a crime had been committed.

I don't think this is 'vigilante' mode - it was too fresh to the incident and not calculated. But I do believe he does have a position to not let a rapist get away if shooting the guy is his only option.....

Labrys put it best - I understand it, don't think it's the best response, though. Best would be to knock him down and call the cops - don't know if that option was available.

The wife has a lot to answer for - cheating, lying, murder..... Because in this case, she's the murderer, not the husband.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

he went into vigilante mode, after he THOUGHT (according to the earlier post) that a crime had been committed.

He did (story given) act out of impulse. He acted (story given) on the words and deeds of his wife.

If he acted harshly and killed this guy then yes, he's guilty of being impulsive and rash...

But, just my opinion here. he's not guilty of murder, his wife is.
Owned by Remi #?

Nope ... but he didn't protect her did he?

I don't think this is 'vigilante' mode - it was too fresh to the incident and not calculated. But I do believe he does have a position to not let a rapist get away if shooting the guy is his only option.....

Labrys put it best - I understand it, don't think it's the best response, though. Best would be to knock him down and call the cops - don't know if that option was available.

The wife has a lot to answer for - cheating, lying, murder..... Because in this case, she's the murderer, not the husband.

I take it, then, that in murder for hire situation you'd be OK if the hit-men get off scot free .

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>So you'd be ok with not protecting your wife while she was being raped then?

So you'd be OK being shot in the back of the head for a crime you didn't commit?

The issue is not "protecting his wife." The man was leaving and presented no threat to his wife. The issue is the vigilante killing of someone that the husband thought had committed a crime. Such killings are best left to our justice system.