Andrewwhyte

Pardon Season-Who gets one?

I wish they would!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So... are you okay with "collateral damage" or not? You can't have it both ways. :S See your post from the DP thread below for example:

Re: [kallend] Yet more good reasons for the death penalty. [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Mistakes are sometimes made, John. Reversals of convictions - on grounds that the defendant actually didn't do it - do occur from time to time. A wrongful non-capital sentence can be reversed. A wrongful completed execution cannot. This is an area in which collateral damage is always unacceptable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Except in Texas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For once i agree with you
Owned by Remi #?

Are you saying they should get the death penalty????

Huh? No, of course not. I'm asking JohnDeere why he laughs about Texas executing "innocent" people in one thread and then wishes Texas would release "innocent" people in a another.
Owned by Remi #?

So who gets one? Anyone know if there is a limit?
Dick Cheney? Gonzales? Libby? Conrad Black is reported to be pleading for one.

The Chicago Cubs?:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

So who gets one? Anyone know if there is a limit?
Dick Cheney? Gonzales? Libby? Conrad Black is reported to be pleading for one.

Not all of the Alaska Turkeys

Cheers, T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

No your guys learned from his mistakes.. and have covered their asses.. or so they think..... of the things they are guilty of. At least this congress has not persued them and wasted the time of the country as did the rePUBICans who went after Clinton for anything they thought would have mose of their mud slinging stick to.

I prefer this to go to the World Court.. for crimes against Humanity.

I just took a quick look at a list and noticed a pattern forming. Looks similar for commutations as well. Party on!

4. William Thomas Alvis III (Possession of an unregistered firearm, distribution of cocaine)[8]

9. William Sidney Baldwin Sr. (1981 conspiracy to possess marijuana. Pardoned December 21, 2006)

18. Marie Georgette Ginette Briere (1982 possession of cocaine with intent to distribute)
24. Carl E. Cantrell (1967 moonshining)[16]
28. Steve Doyle Cavender (Conspiring to import, possess, distribute and dispense marijuana; importing and causing to be imported marijuana; possessing marijuana with intent to distribute)
39. Randall Leece Deal (1960 and 1964 liquor laws)[6]
42. William Henry Eagle (1972 moonshining)[6]
45. Marie Elena Eppens of Lynden, Wash. (conspiracy to distribute and to possess with intent to distribute marijuana)[8]to distribute and to possess with intent to distribute marijuana)[8]
49. Harper James Finucan (1980 marijuana possession with intent to distribute)[16]
60. Adam Wade Graham (1992 Conspiracy to deliver 10 or more grams of LSD)[15]
64. Andrew Foster Harley (wrongful use and distribution of marijuana and cocaine)[2]
65. George Thomas Harley (1984 aiding and abetting the distribution of cocaine. Pardoned December 21, 2006)
66. Rufus Edward Harris (1963 Possession and selling tax-unpaid whiskey)[15]
73. Patricia Ann Hultman (1985 conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute and to distribute cocaine and other controlled substances. Pardoned December 21, 2006)
75. Bobby Frank Kay Sr. (1959 operation of an illegal distillery)[16]
82. Larry Lee Lopez (1985 Conspiracy to import marijuana)[15]
89. Charles McKinley, (1950 moonshining)[16]
95. Robert Earl Mohon Jr. (conspiracy to distribute marijuana)[2]
97. Ronald Alan Mohrhoff (unlawful use of a telephone in a narcotics felony)[2]
103. Eric William Olson (1984 military conviction for conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute, possession with intent to distribute, possession, and use of hashish. Pardoned December 21, 2006)
114. James Edward Reed (1975 marijuana possession with intent to distribute)[12]
116. John Louis Ribando (1976 and 1978 marijuana dealing)[6]
121. John Gregory Schillace (1988 conspiracy to possess cocaine for distribution)[16]
124. Wendy St. Charles (1984 conspiracy to trade narcotics and cocaine distribution)[16]
133. Jerry Dean Walker (1989 cocaine distribution)[6]
135. Mark Lewis Weber (1981 Selling Quaalude tablets, selling, using, and possessing marijuana )[15]

Well, lots of moonshine and whacky-tobaccy, and a little bit o' LSD.... And some coke too, just for old time's sake.

But I am also glad he commuted the sentences of the two Border Patrol officers who shot the dope dealer in the ass. That was not a full pardon by the way, it was a commutation of their sentences and technically they might not walk until March. They still have to pay fines and will be on probation for another 3 years.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I applaud Bush's clemency reflecting the reality that the US is overly harsh / zealous / draconian in its prosecution and punishment of drug & alcohol offenses. That being the case, however, if that's something he did recognize, I'm disappointed that he didn't have the political guts to offer that up as proposed legislation, and ask for bipartisan support. If anything, a Republican President should have an easier time than a Democrat with an approach like that on this issue. Is it really that hard to be GOP and publicly have a humane attitude about this?

I applaud Bush's clemency reflecting the reality that the US is overly harsh / zealous / draconian in its prosecution and punishment of drug & alcohol offenses.

Was this special to Bush, or do 20 year old drug convictions show up with Clinton and Bush in their final days too?

And are we done with pardons, or can he put more in the mail before midnight (or noon today?) and still be valid when received?