rushmc

Calling Someone a Racist

No, I read it. Your answer is yes. Sorry YOU dont see that

How is it possible to argue with somebody who puts words in your mouth? I just got done having this conversation with you in another thread.

Billvon said NO. You cannot just tell him he said yes. You can't change other people's words on your whim.

Ask him. He does it to me all the time.

But in this context. He wants it one way for one group and a differnt way for another.

In this case both are are wrong or both are right (depending on your beliefs) But if you say they are different you are being hypocritical.

See the point?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

People who are regularly discriminated against regularly owe just as careful an individual evaluation of situations as those who are not regularly discriminated against.

Remember that your experiences are a filter. But they're a reflection of the past, and not a template to use to force-fit all current situations.

The thing is that most people expect the "other side" to be perfect before they feel the need to change.

"Why should I stop if there is one guy out there saying honky?"
"Why should I stop if there is one guy out there saying faggot?"
"Why should I stop if there is one guy out there saying nigger?"

It works for everyone. Each of us has the responsibility to take the first step, not the last.

Wendy W.

Very good post Wendy.

You are heading the direction I intended when I made the op.....
Abraham Lincoln

>In this case both are are wrong or both are right (depending on your beliefs) But
>if you say they are different you are being hypocritical.

If you say that "yes" is different than "no" you are being hypocritical. This could be the RushMC post of the year.

>In this case both are are wrong or both are right (depending on your beliefs) But

If you say that "yes" is different than "no" you are being hypocritical. This could be the RushMC post of the year.

there you go again

Avoiding the content.
Abraham Lincoln

Other than a few of the later comments, you nailed this topic

What? You don't like my recommendation? :D

Shouild we ever get the chance to meet I will buy you all the beer you can drink!

But your driving;)

Are you sure you want me to drive? I'm asian remember? :D

And I most likey will be drunk too.

Ok, we can flip to see who drives:)
Ok?

Wait a minute. Your asian?:P
Abraham Lincoln

billvon, my reading of your post made me think that you think the examples you referenced are different. Do you think they are?
Abraham Lincoln

This entire thread is ridiculous. It sucks to be discriminated against whether you are white, black, brown, yellow, male or female.

My recommendation is to move your white ass to a country where you are the minority for a few years. Then maybe you will have an understanding of the level of ignorance, hate, and cowardice some of us have experienced in our lifetime.

Racism is ignorance, hatred and cowardice walking hand in hand.

Thoughtfully provocative post ... in good ways. :)
I know that the first few times I was a white person in non-white dominated countries (Japan, India) travelling by myself (not with/around any other Americans), it was edifying. Also being unable to communicate was edifying. The majority of my international travel has been with other Americans, with groups (mountain climbing/trekking), or to Europe or areas where folks spoke some English. Maybe others wouldn't notice.

Living in South Central LA during the riots & years subsequent was also edifying ... especially having grown-up in small town midwest just 30 miles or so from where the State's KKK group had its headquarters. Altho' honestly, even that was differently edifying than being in foreign countries. Again, I'm sure others would take away different lessons and conclusions.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

> my reading of your post made me think that you think the examples you
> referenced are different. Do you think they are?

OK, I'll try again.

James Cone sounds like a racist. That alone does not make people who believe in black liberation theology racist. Someone who claims that anyone who believes in black liberation theology is a racist is wrong.

White supremacists are racists. That alone does not make whites racists. If someone said to you "you're white, just like those white supremacists, so you are a racist" they would be wrong.

Rashwan Pender is a murderer. That alone does not mean blacks are murderers. If someone, speaking to blacks, said "You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us" they would be wrong.

> my reading of your post made me think that you think the examples you
> referenced are different. Do you think they are?

OK, I'll try again.

James Cone sounds like a racist. That alone does not make people who believe in black liberation theology racist. Someone who claims that anyone who believes in black liberation theology is a racist is wrong.

White supremacists are racists. That alone does not make whites racists. If someone said to you "you're white, just like those white supremacists, so you are a racist" they would be wrong.

Rashwan Pender is a murderer. That alone does not mean blacks are murderers. If someone, speaking to blacks, said "You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us" they would be wrong.

Ok, in this context I will agree with you.

Bluntly, my point is a black racist is no better than a white one or visa versa. And there are just as many if not more!! (personal opinon not making one better or worse than the other)

That was the point of the whole threat to begin with.

Adding that political correctness has made it tabu to point this fact out!
Abraham Lincoln

>Bluntly, my point is a black racist is no better than a white one or visa versa.

That's exactly right. Racism is racism; it doesn't matter what color your skin is or why you are being racist.

Yes, and on this point I will proudly agree with you. It is very sad however, that political correctness inhibits debate on the topic.
Abraham Lincoln

Bluntly, my point is a black racist is no better than a white one or visa versa. And there are just as many if not more!! (personal opinon not making one better or worse than the other)

How can you have an "opinion" about statistics?

If there are more black racists than white racists, then prove it. If you're basing it on people you've met personally, that probably represents about 0.00001% of the population of the world (just my "opinion" - maybe you've actually met millions of people).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

If there are more black racists than white racists, then prove it. If you're basing it on people you've met personally, that probably represents about 0.00001% of the population of the world (just my "opinion" - maybe you've actually met millions of people).

Did you miss "personal opinion"?

Take if for what it is worth or ignore it please. But at least read it.

Unless you have data to back up all or your "opinions"
Abraham Lincoln

How could I have missed it... it's actually the 6th word in my post.

An example of an opinion is "I like pizza." It does not need to be backed up.

Saying "there are more pizza places in Texas than Florida" is not an opinion. It's a guess at a statistic, and needs to be backed up.

Your statement about there being more black racists than white racists is not an opinion. It's a guess. Very different things.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

How could I have missed it... it's actually the 6th word in my post.

An example of an opinion is "I like pizza." It does not need to be backed up.

Saying "there are more pizza places in Texas than Florida" is not an opinion. It's a guess at a statistic, and needs to be backed up.

Your statement about there being more black racists than white racists is not an opinion. It's a guess. Very different things.

Are not your opinions based on your experience? Or should I base my opinions on your experiences?

Maybe I should have said based on what (pick your side) gets away with in the media there must be way more racists in (pick your group) than the other:S
Abraham Lincoln

White supremacists are racists. That alone does not make whites racists. If someone said to you "you're white, just like those white supremacists, so you are a racist" they would be wrong (racist).

Rashwan Pender is a murderer. That alone does not mean blacks are murderers. If someone, speaking to blacks, said "You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us" they would be wrong (racist).

Red text added by me

BV, I hope you don't mind me using your post this way. But I think your example of calling all whites racist (or all blacks criminals) is not only wrong, but racist in itself. And that is a beautiful example of irony.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Are not your opinions based on your experience? Or should I base my opinions on your experiences?

Maybe I should have said based on what (pick your side) gets away with in the media there must be way more racists in (pick your group) than the other:S

You can base your opinions on whatever you like, but unless you've counted all the white racists and all the black racists in the world, it's pointless to say which you think outnumbers the other. And why does it matter which number is higher? They're both wrong.

And if you're using media coverage as a representative data set... :S
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

White supremacists are racists. That alone does not make whites racists. If someone said to you "you're white, just like those white supremacists, so you are a racist" they would be wrong (racist).

Rashwan Pender is a murderer. That alone does not mean blacks are murderers. If someone, speaking to blacks, said "You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us" they would be wrong (racist).

Red text added by me

BV, I hope you don't mind me using your post this way. But I think your example of calling all whites racist (or all blacks criminals) is not only wrong, but racist in itself. And that is a beautiful example of irony.

If I followed his point correctly, you get the big WHOOSH as of righ now......
Abraham Lincoln

You can base your opinions on whatever you like, but unless you've counted all the white racists and all the black racists in the world, it's pointless to say which you think outnumbers the other. And why does it matter which number is higher? They're both wrong.

And if you're using media coverage as a representative data set... :S

I guess I will just have to defer to your (self proclaimed) superior knowelge and experience then. You will/must carry. for everyone you know, their opinions for them.

I will bow to your (self proclaimed) supiriority:S
Abraham Lincoln

If I followed his point correctly, you get the big WHOOSH as of righ now......

I think you may be mis-interpreting my post. Where I added "racist" was as an addition to "wrong." So replace his "wrong" with "wrong and racist."
www.WingsuitPhotos.com