rushmc

Calling Someone a Racist

Do you realize we (white ones) are told every day to be asshamed of what we are (by genome as billvon liked to say) because being white is racist?

I'm white and I don't get much of that. Maybe we do hear it from the Jackson and Sharpton crowd, but who cares? :D

. . =(_8^(1)

I think this paragraph gives the game away:

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

So, the author thinks that black people are thieving, carjacking, drug dealing gangbanger criminals. Is this really the starting point we want for a discussion about race relations?

LOL that sounds familiar. I am half Mexican on my Dads side, but I look "White". I was at a Sears and the girl at the cash register noticed my last name on my credit card and looked at me and said "I thought you were white!". I wasn't sure how to respond to that.:S

If you take "pride" in something you were born with and have no control over, isn't that kind of silly? Why is anybody "proud" of something they had no hand in whatsoever?

That seems to be what all non-whites do.

All is a pretty big word. Which makes that a pretty racist (stereotyping) statement in itself. Unless of course, you have met and interviewed all non-whites. In which case, I applaud your efficiency.

Fortunately, I know not all whites think such prejudiced thoughts.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I am proud to say that Kramer did not say any of these things:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/proudwhite.asp

And I said in the OP that I was not sure he did but it did not mater.

I am glad you are Proud of something
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

If you take "pride" in something you were born with and have no control over, isn't that kind of silly? Why is anybody "proud" of something they had no hand in whatsoever?

That seems to be what all non-whites do.

All is a pretty big word. Which makes that a pretty racist (stereotyping) statement in itself. Unless of course, you have met and interviewed all non-whites. In which case, I applaud your efficiency.

Fortunately, I know not all whites think such prejudiced thoughts.

Agreed. I used it to make a point and maybe went a bit far.

I think more why this struck me is how the racist lable is used to try and stop debate. The Prop 8 thread for example. You dont think gays should marry and it is implyed you are a bigot or racist.

Bull shit. Address the issue or dont but I will not longer care if someone not agreeing with me calls me some PC name. I will not longer let that intimidate or frighten me. If they do use names, they loose be default cause they can not address the issue of someone disagreeing with them. Very insecure. And rightfully so.....
Abraham Lincoln

>So, you calling me a rich kid?

Nope. If you think so, you have once again completely missed the point of my post. The part of your post I disagreed with is "BE PROUD TO BE WHITE!"

Oh, so the rest of the post is then invalid.. I will remember that is how it is played next time
Abraham Lincoln

I think some people can only feel superior (or proud) if they know who they are superior to. That applies to all sides of the race (or gender, or skydiver) spectrum.

e.g. "I can only be good if I know that guy over there isn't as good."

So maybe we just need to know who wants to feel superior to someone else, and who is just happy with how they are.

Me, I'm superior to everyone :P

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If someone were to use the racist label on me, I'd probably ask them why. Racism is both intent and perception.

And bigotry isn't necessarily racism.

Yeah, sometimes people call each other bigots for disagreeing. Such is life. If you can think of positive reasons why you think the way you do (rather than constrast, or general agreement reasons), then your idea probably stands on its own.

A contrast reason is "well, it's better than that guy" or "that chair is worse, so this one is good." It's a bullshit rationale.

A general agreement reason is taking what you and the people you hang out with as general consensus, and using that as a definition of right. Often it isn't.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Also...I think your post would be more welcome here:

http://www.stormfront.org

Ahhhh

Be nice you are new is your sig line.

Maybe you should practice it.

As for this site? Do you visit it frequently? I for one, did not even know it existed. Thankfully. Now you ruined that. Thanks[:/]

Now, as for the post, other than the Im proud line that seemed to wind up some here, what do you find wrong with it?

Is racisim all one sided?
Abraham Lincoln

I'm pretty sure that racial pride is an easy way of saying "I'm not ashamed of my race".
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

Also...I think your post would be more welcome here:

http://www.stormfront.org

Ahhhh

Be nice you are new is your sig line.

Maybe you should practice it.

As for this site? Do you visit it frequently? I for one, did not even know it existed. Thankfully. Now you ruined that. Thanks[:/]

Now, as for the post, other than the Im proud line that seemed to wind up some here, what do you find wrong with it?

Is racisim all one sided?

I'm not sure how that isn't nice. It's just the same kind of blather you see and hear from people on sites like that.

If it really matters to you, I know that it exists because I wrote a paper a few semesters ago about racism and the overwhelming majority of racists say the exact same thing that you posted here.

Or where you were BORN, like America???

A lot of people forget that one.

There's no such thing as birthright, unless you believe that you are "entitled" to something special, which is one of the criteria for clinical diagnosis of psycopathy.
"Get these balls!"

>

So you're not proud to be an American?

I'm certainly NOT

You beat me to it mate... Having read the previous posts, I'm also proud to be NOT American.[:/]

After the Yanks finally cut loose and finish shooting each other we can re-colonise... With the new Anglo-Australian Border somewhere around Denver. The New-Zzzz...ealanders can have Florida and the Welsh get Alaska.

Just a thought...:P

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

The following was sent to me by my mom

So this is what you've been taught. obviously your mother feels a certain way and that is how you were raised. i find the email to be complete bullshit-- sorry that i'm not being as eloquent as others but that's just cutting to the point.