rushmc

Calling Someone a Racist

Seems to be a popular thing on this site today. The following was sent to me by my mom. I dont know or care if where it came from is true or not. That fact does not take away from the point made. And it is a good one.

TO BE WHITE!

This is great. I have been wondering about why Whites are racists, and
no other race is.....

Proud to be White

Michael Richards makes his point.....................Michael Richards
better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point.

This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his
comedy act.. He makes some very interesting points...

Someone finally said it... How many are actually paying attention to
this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, AsianAmericans,
Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer
in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,'
'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... and that's OK.

But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Camel
Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are
the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have the NAACP. You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment
Television), we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would
call us racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR, lives we'd
be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and
then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for
that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant but any
color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships
...You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if
there were 'White colleges' That would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your
race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call
us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not
afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call
us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police
officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer
running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a
racist.

I am proud... But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

There is nothing improper about this e-mail. Let's see which of you are
proud enough to send it on. I sadly don't think many will. That's why
we have lost most of OUR RIGHTS in this country. We won't stand up for
ourselves!

BE PROUD TO BE WHITE !

I t's not a crime yet ... but getting real close!

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

If you take "pride" in something you were born with and have no control over, isn't that kind of silly? Why is anybody "proud" of something they had no hand in whatsoever?

That seems to be what all non-whites do.
Abraham Lincoln

>BE PROUD TO BE WHITE !

I'm not proud to be white, or to be half Irish, or to be male, or to be 5'9". I didn't work for any of those things. I did not make any of them happen.

I am, however, proud of the stuff I've invented and the records I've set - because I worked hard for them and made them happen.

YMMV.

BE PROUD TO BE WHITE!

Thanks, but no thanks. I would rather be proud of things I've done than the amount and type of melanin in my skin.

I really like this!! You all have to grab on to (what I think) is the obscure part of the post because why?

Because you cant dispute the points made.

I guess I should be asshamed that I am white it what you are really saying.

Less than honest is what is happening so quickly in the post.

Really sad
Abraham Lincoln

>BE PROUD TO BE WHITE !

I'm not proud to be white, or to be half Irish, or to be male, or to be 5'9". I didn't work for any of those things. I did not make any of them happen.

I am, however, proud of the stuff I've invented and the records I've set - because I worked hard for them and made them happen.

YMMV.

I am proud of what I am!!! I am proud of who I am!! And I will not let people say that I should not be because of my color.

That is the point you all want to ignore.

You all have proven the point of this very well.

Thanks
Abraham Lincoln

>I am proud of what I am!

That's great. I will remain proud of what I have done, not of what my genome says about me. Personally I have always been more impressed by people who take pride in what they do than people who take pride in being something they had no hand in. Sorta like a rich kid who is proud of his parent's money, none of which he earned.

I really like this!! You all have to grab on to (what I think) is the obscure part of the post because why?

What's to dispute? If you believe that you're superior or discriminate against others based on race than you're a racist (regardless of your race).

You do realize that not being proud of something does not mean that you are ashamed of it. It just means you aren't proud of it. :S
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

That seems to be what all non-whites do.

a. I know lots of non-whites who are no prouder of being non-white than I am of being white
b. Something to consider is that for a long time in the US being non-white was something to hide or be ashamed of.

Think of all the pejorative terms for non-whites. The fact that the whites had all the power gave those terms power, while the terms that non-whites used for whites didn't have nearly as much.

I don't care a whole lot of a 10-year-old calls me lazy. But I do if my boss does.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Arab Americans, etc.

How about all of the above. Someone calls you a cracker their racists and if you call them a nigger you’re a racist. You can’t excuse ignorance with more ignorance.

That’s kind of a big deal. Even though you do have an increase amount of crime rate in the ghettos the main reason behind the crimes is poverty. While the years of slavery were simply because of race. Not to mention systematic mating, killing of the intelligent and all the ugly things that went along with Slavery. I don’t think “Whites” have been persecuted because of their color, but have a history of persecuting others.
The pendulum will eventually set closer to the middle, but expect other wise is ridicules.

Here is an example. South Park the popular show in the US has all Jewish references edit out when it is broadcaster in Germany why do you think that is?
Guilt for doing something horrible and we try to fix or at least not repeat our mistakes.

call us racists.

Most other channels and forms of entertainment follow the majority as does every thing else. So why you don’t have WET is because we already have hundreds of channels that are designed for the majority.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

That's great. I will remain proud of what I have done, not of what my genome says about me. Personally I have always been more impressed by people who take pride in what they do than people who take pride in being something they had no hand in. Sorta like a rich kid who is proud of his parent's money, none of which he earned.

So you're not proud to be an American?
www.FourWheelerHB.com

You're all missing a certain point. Italian-Americans are proud to be Italian, Irish-Americans are proud to be Irish, etc., etc. Yet black Americans are just proud to be "black". Now why is that? Well, it's because most of their African ancestors immigrated here involuntarily, as slaves, as a result of which current black Americans' intra-African geographic and genealogical origins are damned-near impossible to figure out, (and were almost completely so prior to advances in DNA analysis technology and methodology). So the only thing they have to celebrate is either their race, or just a sort of a generic "Africanism", which tends to get derided, too.

"White pride", on the other hand - and we all know this - is REACTIVE in nature; it is not a mere reaffirmation of generic European ancestry (doubt that? think of all the wars in Europe), but rather, it is a means to react AGAINST the rise of non-white racial minorities out of second- and third-class citizenship. I imagine that if most Caucasians came here as stateless slaves bereft of family history, and made up only about 9% of the US population, and then finally made advances thanks to a civil rights movement, there probably WOULD be a Miss White America.

And that's why the sentiments expressed in that chain e-mail are intellectually dishonest at best, and mostly full of shit at worst.

So you're not proud to be an American?

I'm not proud simply to have been born in America.

I am deeply proud of some of America's accomplishments.

Every day I look at news about shit-hole countries and dictatorships around the planet. While I might not be proud to have been born an American, I am thankful.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>So you're not proud to be an American?

I'm not proud that I was born here. I mean, John Walker Lindh, Ted Kaczynski and Timothy McVeigh were born here, and I don't consider them to be worthy of pride or respect based on where they were born.

I am, however, proud of what I've done for the US, and am grateful of the advantages that being born in the US has afforded me.

BET is a business marketed towards a specific segment of the population. Same with Miss Black America. Same with ESPN, Spike, and CMT. Is the WE network considered as hipocritical as BET?

Sorry rush but I think the entirety of that email is simply a racist person trying to justify his ignorance.

HEre's a gem.... a friend of mine whom I spend time with more than a couple times a week on XboxLive (we've never met) said this to me last night when I told him I was asian.

That's funny. You don't sound like an asian.

My reply: Well no shit that's cuz I'm American you dumbass.

lol we had a good laugh at that.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Bombshell... I'm hispanic. Most people around me don't even know it. Whenever it comes up in a conversation I always get a weird look and they tell me, "hmmm... I always thought you were some sort of Italian based on your last name and skin color".

I'm not proud to be Hispanic. I don't' even see it most of the time. I've never heard of a "Hispanic Chamber of Commerce". I never call myself a Hispanic American. I'm just an American. My parents were South American. I was born in Florida. I never see the difference between me or any of the other "not proud" people around me.

I do think BET, black history month, Miss Black America, and all of that other self-segregating stuff is pretty silly. Instead of being upset by it, take comfort in knowing that most white people aren't joining into that silliness.

Funny story, when I was in school growing up in Miami, all the Hispanic "esse" kids would call me a coconut because I was "brown on the outside, but white on the inside". :D:D:D

108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Think of all the pejorative terms for non-whites. The fact that the whites had all the power gave those terms power, while the terms that non-whites used for whites didn't have nearly as much.
Wendy W.

Exactly....Spot on.

What culture has ever attempted to exterminate the entire white race? After all, that was Grant's intent with Native Americans...
What culture has attempted to enslave the entire white race? None that I'm aware of.
Where did we find predominant culture prejudices against whites seen in media, books, music, in *any* culture even up to very recent times? None that I'm aware of.

After most of the Plains culture was nearly wiped out due to smallpox and starvation following the Laramie Treaty of 1868....and all the death marches like Bosque Redondo, Cheyenne River, Tesuque, Oklahoma.... I got no problem being proud that my culture is still alive, kicking, and finally making our way out of the ghettos known as reservations. I can't imagine that other cultures feel similar.

I don't accept that being white labels anyone a racist, but neither is there anything wrong with being proud of existing in spite of historical attempts at genocide, either.

Which is what you have become. Me too.

I like how you ignore the meat of my post and take off on a bit of it.

So, you calling me a rich kid?

If you are I will have to let my parents know!

If you want to get on topic please reply which such. If not I will assume you concead any point made in the quoted text
Abraham Lincoln

What's to dispute? If you believe that you're superior or discriminate against others based on race than you're a racist (regardless of your race).

You do realize that not being proud of something does not mean that you are ashamed of it. It just means you aren't proud of it. :S

Yes I do realize that

Do you realize we (white ones) are told every day to be asshamed of what we are (by genome as billvon liked to say) because being white is racist?

I will assume you also concede the meat of the post by your ignoring it
Abraham Lincoln

Arab Americans, etc.

How about all of the above. Someone calls you a cracker their racists and if you call them a nigger you’re a racist. You can’t excuse ignorance with more ignorance.

That’s kind of a big deal. Even though you do have an increase amount of crime rate in the ghettos the main reason behind the crimes is poverty. While the years of slavery were simply because of race. Not to mention systematic mating, killing of the intelligent and all the ugly things that went along with Slavery. I don’t think “Whites” have been persecuted because of their color, but have a history of persecuting others.
The pendulum will eventually set closer to the middle, but expect other wise is ridicules.

Here is an example. South Park the popular show in the US has all Jewish references edit out when it is broadcaster in Germany why do you think that is?
Guilt for doing something horrible and we try to fix or at least not repeat our mistakes.

call us racists.

Most other channels and forms of entertainment follow the majority as does every thing else. So why you don’t have WET is because we already have hundreds of channels that are designed for the majority.

Thank you for addressing the post
Abraham Lincoln

Do you realize we (white ones) are told every day to be asshamed of what we are (by genome as billvon liked to say) because being white is racist?

Yes. However, I don't care what a bunch of racists tell me to be ashamed of.

I will assume you also concede the meat of the post by your ignoring it

I didn't ignore it. You're ignoring what I wrote.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch