happythoughts

cave life

If you seem ill-informed, someone will remark, "What? Have you been livin' in a cave or something?"

Maybe so. The latest AQ #2 has been quoted as referring to BO as a house servant for the white folks, in less than flattering terms (if some exist).

This person may not know that he is currently #2 because all that is left of the last #2 is a pile of #2. They seem to get located and... whoosh... 8am Wakeup Missile.

They are going through #2s faster than plastic cups in the free beer line. Maybe he doesn't know this. Perhaps this is the first person who can actually be somewhere living in a cave.
He lacks exposure to current events.

Maybe he thinks that he can talk smack and raise his image among his peers.

Talk about poking the bear with a stick...

Please do not disrespect troglobites by presenting AQ as cave life. Most cave dwelling species are much more intelligent than AQ.
Thank You for your cooporation. :)

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

>Well, so much for the election of Obamer changing the terrorist's
>view and hatred of America.

If they had said anything non-hateful about Obama you would now be posting half a dozen "I TOLD you he was a terrorist sympathizer!"

As others have mentioned, your guy lost. Time to move on.

Yeah, that's shaping up to be the standard response to anything critical about Obamer. It makes for a great factual, logical and non-partisan intellectual discussion about the issues.

Yes, that was sarcasm. And it's those kinds of replies that explain why my participation is so scarce here these days - there's way too much venom being thrown around, and way too few facts.

I expect that kind of response from the strident liberals here, but I'm disappointed that you would resort to that level, as your comments usually address the facts, rather than knee-jerk partisanship.

So I guess with this "your guy lost" philosophy that you now espouse, that no one should be allowed to criticize anything that Obamer does for the next four years?

as your comments usually address the facts, rather than knee-jerk partisanship.

So I guess with this "your guy lost" philosophy that you now espouse, that no one should be allowed to criticize anything that Obamer does for the next four years?

Fact 1-Obama won. He wasn't your guy. What's to dispute??

Fact 2-Fact 1 isn't a "philosophy," but rather a fact.

Whassamatta there? Bushie screwed the country, and now it's time to criticize the guy that hasn't done ANYTHING as president yet? "Sore loser" doesn't begin to define the concept.

The latest AQ #2 has been quoted as referring to BO as a house servant for the white folks, in less than flattering terms...

Well, so much for the election of Obamer changing the terrorist's view and hatred of America.

That didn't take long.

Is mis-spelling his name a mark of intellect in Texas?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yeah, that's shaping up to be the standard response to anything critical about Obamer. It makes for a great factual, logical and non-partisan intellectual discussion about the issues.

how exactly is intentionally misspelling the president elect's name conducive to logical and intellectual non-partisan discussion? i'd say it borders on childish and irreverent.:D
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

What's to criticise, until Jan 20 he is NOT your president, if your nation is STILL going down the gurgler, it's not BO's doing, you might like to be a little more inward focused for those answers
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Obamer

Well, John, that's the second thread today in which I've seen you type "Obamer", so now I'm sure it isn't a typo. You know, I remember when Clinton was President, lots of ultra-righties in the Blogosphere used the juvenile technique of spelling his name "Klintoon", as if in their worlds, stunted at about an age 13 level of maturity, that was actually an effective means of derision. Frankly, I think the comparison is apt.

Thanks for those last four messages, which illustrate exactly what I'm talking about.

There can be no rational discussion in these threads any more because of this kind of partisan attack culture.

Instead of debating the Al Queda comments about Obamer, all you folks can think to do is attack members from the other party.

That's too bad for Speaker's Corner, and everyone here who wishes to have factual, logical, rational discussions about the issues.

Notice how I managed to respond without calling anyone nasty names?
Notice how I tried to get the topic back on track?

You guys should try it once in a while.

Thanks for those last four messages, which illustrate exactly what I'm talking about.

There can be no rational discussion in these threads any more because of this kind of partisan attack culture.

Instead of debating the Al Queda comments about Obamer, all you folks can think to do is attack members from the other party.

That's too bad for Speaker's Corner, and everyone here who wishes to have factual, logical, rational discussions about the issues.

Are we all on the same train here?
Obama won. That's a fact. You demand facts, but seemingly miss this fairly significant fact.
He isn't president yet, and hasn't done ANYTHING that impacts our nation as of yet, but you're attacking him.
Fact three (since you want facts)-Bush cost/lost the Republican ticket, not Palin, and not as much Obama's capability of forming words in a manner that actually makes sense. Hell, he can even say "nuclear"
All are factual, which is what you continually demand.
Bear in mind it's *you* that began the partisan attack. If you can't stand the heat...kitchen door is as close as your mouse.

Are we all on the same train here?
Obama won. That's a fact. You demand facts, but seemingly miss this fairly significant fact.
He isn't president yet, and hasn't done ANYTHING that impacts our nation as of yet, but you're attacking him.
Fact three (since you want facts)-Bush cost/lost the Republican ticket, not Palin, and not as much Obama's capability of forming words in a manner that actually makes sense. Hell, he can even say "nuclear"
All are factual, which is what you continually demand.
Bear in mind it's *you* that began the partisan attack. If you can't stand the heat...kitchen door is as close as your mouse.

You continue to illustrate my point.

You know, I like the articles that you've written for the magazines. You come across as very knowledgeable and professional in your field.

However, the image you portray here, as shown above, is quite different.

Which one is your true demeanor for interpersonal relationships?

Notice how I managed to respond without calling anyone nasty names?
Notice how I tried to get the topic back on track?

You guys should try it once in a while.

i'd just like to point out that nothing i said had anything to do with partisanship, or even politics in general. i was merely pointing out that perhaps not making fun of the name of our president elect, when attempting to express discontent at the lack of integrity and intellect, would better serve your cause. that's all.:)
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

The latest AQ #2

This person may not know that he is currently #2 because all that is left of the last #2 is a pile of #2.

"Latest" ? To whom are you referring?

Ayman al-Zawahiri (the Egyptian pediatrician) is regarded as al Qa'eda's second in command and has been for over ten years.

has been quoted as referring to BO as a house servant for the white folks, in less than flattering terms (if some exist).

Do you have a link?

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Translation for people that don't speak hypocRIGHT-ese.

1. I want to have a rational discussion.
2. I will resort to childish name-calling.
3. You people are making fun of me with your name calling. All I wanted was a rational discussion!
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Translation for people that don't speak hypocRIGHT-ese.

1. I want to have a rational discussion.
2. I will resort to childish name-calling.
3. You people are making fun of me with your name calling. All I wanted was a rational discussion!

4. I demand you stick to the facts, even though when presented, it's my prerogative to ignore them if convenient to my 'philosophy.'

I am not sure what John Riche is talking about.

I don't think John will appreciate the French spelling of his name.

Careful with your keyboard there, we don't want to see you catch a bullet.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

>that no one should be allowed to criticize anything that Obamer does
>for the next four years?

Are you kidding, John? This recent election was your birthday and christmas all rolled into one! The democrats now control the senate (with close to a filibuster-proof majority) the house and the executive. You'll have at least four years to blame every one of your woes on the democrats.

It's been tough for the GOP faithful over the past eight years. It all looked so promising at first - a terrorist attack to advance the GOP political agenda (including PNAC) worldwide support and a popular president. "Why do you hate America?" rolled off conservative's tongues like advice off a 100 jump wonder any time a democrat objected to anything a conservative did. You had an excellent and scary enemy, a cowed populace and full control of the government. You had the terror alert system whenever we were at risk of losing public fear.

Then things started to go wrong. The war in Iraq did not in fact last six days, six weeks or _maybe_ six months - it rolled on into its sixth year. It turned out we were torturing people to death. We neglected our troops when it came to things like armor. We accidentally shot one of them and tried to cover it up. We gave them poor medical treatment when they got back to the US. After a while the people saying "why do you hate the troops?" started to sound more and more hypocritical.

Then the GOP scandals hit. The upstanding, pro-family, anti-gay GOP icons started to fall one by one. Soliciting gay prostitutes in public bathrooms. Sending explicit messages to underage boys. Tom Delay, the "Hammer," was brought to his knees by criminal charges. Cunningham, Scooter and finally Stevens were convicted of a laundry list of crimes.

After a few years the more commonsense elements of the party started bailing out of the sinking GOP ship. Even Colin Powell realized how bad things were getting and jumped off the GOP express.

And the biggest problem of all - there was no one to blame. The cowed public had given the GOP every single thing it asked for. The democrats had been bullied into following the president no matter what. Even when they had a majority, they didn't grow a spine and continued to pass every war funding bill and spending increase the president asked for. There wasn't a single person the GOP could point to and say "IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!" (Well, they tried, of course, but it sounded empty and pathetic, a last attempt to escape responsibility for their actions.)

The public realized all this - which is why we had solid GOP states voting for a democratic president this time around.

That's all the bad news. The good news is that the hard times are over. For years you will be able to blame Obama (or Obamer, or Obamessiah, or just Barack Hussein Obama) for everything from your health to the general state of the world. Or Reid, or Pelosi, or even Biden. If things don't change too much, you can say "that's not change we can believe in!" If things change too much, you can say "I guess we're seeing what kind of change he REALLY meant." You need never see any errors your party made, nor need you feel any responsibility towards anything the US does for many years. You can blame the president and get plenty of support both here and in the world at large - because there's always something to complain about, and shit rolls uphill as well as it rolls down.

So by all means, continue to make fun of Obama's name (including his middle one.) Criticize everything you can about him. You've got four years of glory!