rehmwa

Here's a neat trick

From a poll observer in our area (ala Al Franken, Norm Coleman recount)

Old lady goes to vote and they instruct her to 'fill in the ovals completely'

1 - she makes an "x", the machine rejects it, go revote

2 - she makes a dot, the machine rejects it, go revote

3 - she makes a checkmark, the machine rejects it, go revote

4 - she circles the candidate's name, the machine rejects it, go revote

5 - she writes in the candidate's name over the ovals, the machine rejects it, go revote

6 - she carefully fills in the oval and votes

The neat thing is, since it's a private ballot, the maching now has 6 paper records of her voting. Only the last gets tallied in the summary report though.

But, on a recount, the paper ballots get visually inspected - each one is assumed to be a different person. The reviewers get to determine the "intent" of the voter.

result - in a recount, she gets to vote 6 times.

so, who thinks she just disenfranchised 5 people?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Very good case for the use of the "old fashioned" mechanical voting machines. Push in the button next to your choice, when all choices are made pull the lever.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

From a poll observer in our area (ala Al Franken, Norm Coleman recount)

Old lady goes to vote and they instruct her to 'fill in the ovals completely'

I'm surprised that in some areas they still use paper ballots. Well, I also live in a big college town with lots of money to dish out for electronic voting systems. Screw up your vote on those babies and that's it. No re-dos. I like it that way better.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

But, on a recount, the paper ballots get visually inspected - each one is assumed to be a different person. The reviewers get to determine the "intent" of the voter.

My ballot had an error, one of the lines was misprinted on the bar code. I got a new ballot and the old one was written on by the clerk big letters and notes to make sure it was voided.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I like that, the only issue is then the clerk saw your vote. Note very private was it.

I think the only way to have paper ballots is for the faulty ballot to be ejected immediately into a flash flame chamber - then an electric shock to the nads of the offending voter before letting them go back and try again. Sure, the masochists will be there all day, and the arsonists, but that's the price you pay for making sure everyone gets to vote a few times each.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I don't know much about Coleman but I hope he pulls it out. Al Franken in the US Senate is a disturbing image.

He's a joke, but this is a partisan lefty state and the Dems here would vote for a tree branch if it had a D next to it. Though this time, Coleman was kind of a joke too. Lots of people that hated the idea of Franken went and voted 3rd party because the D and the R campaigns were so spiteful and they wouldn't vote for either. Those votes were more likely R's here otherwise as the D machine is pretty much sheep.

Apparently, Minnesotans have a sense of humor if Jesse Ventura was any indication.

One thing though, it says quite a bit when an asshole like Franken can even come close - we're pretty tired of the entrenched team.

And Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, and Ronald Reagan winning an office were disturbing images at one time too.

And Gopher from Love Boat (Iowa), and Sonny Bono.

So Ronny was the only one that made good on it.

1 out of 5 isn't that great a track record.

And Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, and Ronald Reagan winning an office were disturbing images at one time too.

And Gopher from Love Boat (Iowa), and Sonny Bono.

So Ronny was the only one that made good on it.

1 out of 5 isn't that great a track record.

Don't forget "Cooter" from Dukes of Hazard. I think he was a congressman from TN for 1 or 2 terms.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

I don't know much about Coleman but I hope he pulls it out. Al Franken in the US Senate is a disturbing image.

But not as disturbing as Bush in the White House.

But that's nothing compared to how disturbing Obama and his Chicago thugs will be in the white house. At least to those who have at least a pot to piss in.:o

But not as disturbing as Bush in the White House.

That all depends (or should I say, Luvs) ...

Funny thing is, trying to attack a candidate like that makes you have to stick to the issues because what can you say about a guy who appears in pictures like that and is in fact famous for the show that resulted in pictures like that?

Funny thing is, trying to attack a candidate like that makes you have to stick to the issues because what can you say about a guy who appears in pictures like that and is in fact famous for the show that resulted in pictures like that?

Are you from Minnesota? Because neither Al Franken, Norm Coleman, or their political parties stuck to the issues ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Christ on a cracker.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No need to be so verbose...why not just say "communion?"

Cause communion is christ "in" a cracker. Kinda like Chicken in a Biskit.

Edit to add educational illustration.
Owned by Remi #?

She hasn't disenfranchised anybody.

And I don't think you scenario can happen under any poll procedures, as stated above.

So, even treating it as a hypothetical situation - Your position is that someone voting 6 times doesn't disenfranchise others.

That gives me a lot of insight into how some people's logic works on the issue of ID cards, registration, etc.

and I didn't even say which way she was voting.....

Gee something that might balance out the Diebold vote.. go figure.

again, depends on who she voted for, by definition, it was a secret vote - are you "profiling" my little old lady? shame on you