real1324

Do you think Obama will make some good changes in our economy?

Do you think Obama will make some good changes for our economy, I know it won't happen for a very long time, but I sure hope that he does end up being a good president, I do support him, just hope that our economy doesn't get any worse that it already has?

Do you think Obama will make some good changes for our economy, I know it won't happen for a very long time, but I sure hope that he does end up being a good president, I do support him, just hope that our economy doesn't get any worse that it already has?

This is the dumbest question ever!, The economy cant get much worse, it can only get better or stay the same, Thats the problem with Americans right now." PLEASE, someone else fix it for me" We are this nation and we need to make our voices heard rather than looking to Obama or any other to fix this mess, GGGGEEEEZ
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

I am already disappointed in Obama. He's been elected since Tuesday and there isn't a new surplus of jobs and free money.

I'm waiting on my free programs and my excuse to stop working like his plan promises I can do!

Hi Shermanators biotch!

But let me tell you your problem regarding Obama's plan. By the looks of your avatar you are white. I on the other hand am already seeing the benefits of him being elected. Hell! Just the other day this old white guy driving a Bentley came up to me and handed me a thousand dollars in 100's. If I was white....wouldn't have happened.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

I've been to his website and read some of the plans. You are asking us to speculate. I am just not one to do that. What do I think? I think some of it looks to be okay, other things make me go that may or may not work, and some things on there I need more uninterupted time to sit with, and really think about whether it has a chance in hell of bringing this rolling snowball(i.e. our lives spiraling out of control) into some kind of control. I think that snowball has yet to splat( all the shit to hit the fan) so we can sort it all out. Or it has splatted and we need to see who survived the snowball.(Who got hit with a bucket of shit and did not close their eyes)-Caress

edited to say that you can think I am an idiot, it's okay-that is the spirit of SC-Carry on-
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

I do agree that some Americans are at fault for the way our economy is these days.

I see all these people buying these big houses that they know they can't afford, and then they wonder why they loose their houses in the end, especially with those adjustable rate loans. On top of that, too many people were getting loans to cover other loans and that is where the vicious cycle begins.. Scary? I didn't think it was a dumb question though, but I do agree that there are not going to be any "Big" changes that some people seem to think he will make, I just hope he can help it a little?

[PLEASE, someone else fix it for me" We are this nation and we need to make our voices heard rather than looking to Obama or any other to fix this mess, GGGGEEEEZ

we did make our voices heard. senators and representatives were flooded with phone calls and emails reguarding the bailout. the public overwhelmingly was against it. we did not want the government to fix it for us, but they did anyway. aome of the money went to pay for executive trips and bonuses. BONUSES FOR FAILING COMPANIES! about half of the money went to pay stock dividends. STOCK DIVIDENDS FOR FAILING COMPANIES! yet the bailouts continue. where is the money coming from? look at the who voted for the bailout. its both sides. i don't think obama will make good changes, but things are fucked right now, so i'm going to give him a chance and hope that he proves me wrong.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

While I am definetly sure that Trophyhusband has his own opinion of your post, I have to say that I sure as heck do not want the bailout money paying for executive bonuses and trips. I do not want your family going without the necessities at all sir, but I am tired of bailing out the people who abuse money-our money. I am tired of getting their shit stuck in the american public 's lap. I want them to take responsibility for abusing the funds I bust my ass to provide. I have had it with the rich staying richer, and I am down here scratchin to survive while they live it up instead of fixing their fuck up. -Caress

You can think I am an idiot-it is the spirit of SC-Carry on-
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

This is the dumbest question ever!, The economy cant get much worse,

Tthis is the dumbest retort ever! The economy can get way worse. We are not at a bottom yet. There are more jobs being lost.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Yes, but only if he takes on the real causes and who caused them.

With that said, and seeing how the media and many on this site want to ignore the real cause, I will not be holding my breath

IF, he takes the path I think he will then no, the problem will reamain for a long time to come.

But, I also think the the ecomomy will be much better (according to the media) on Jan 20.........

But, I am willing to give him a chance and see what he will really do. I really believe things will look much different to him on the inside looking out
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I think we've a credit card debt crisis that will shortly follow the mortgage one. I think in four years the economy will likely be better, but it won't be because of President Obama. Rather, it will be because of the easing of the credit crunch that will occur because of the horrible bailout that just went through. The mortgage crisis will likely continue for another couple of years. The problems need to work their way out of the system and as that occurs, the economy will improve.

The Congress and the President could do much to improve it - and to harm it as well. We shall see.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Where are you getting this information from? Especially the one concerning the stock dividends and executive pay. Yes, the public was against the bail out, and they were wrong. I doubt your average Joe could've comprehended what would've happened if AIG went under. When you have people like Buffet, and Soros backing the bail out I would think most people would at listen educate themselves as to what is really going on. Instead they bitch and moan and expect the news media to spoon feed them information. Obama knows he's not the smartest man out there and realizes that he does NOT have all the answers. But what he is doing is surrounding himself with some pretty freaking smart people. Here are a few: Buffet, Giether, Summers (grad of MIT at 16 and tenured at Harvard at 28), chairs of Google, Time Warner and Xerox. All these individuals and a few others are part of Obama's economic brain trust team. Yes, I think Obama's plan will work but it will take some time.

Less than a week after the taxpayers rescued AIG, execs blow $440000 on blowout party ..

The insurance products were stable; they had the reserves to pay claims. It was the management co that was hurting, because they could not borrow money. Maybe because they were too big and do not manage their money well.

Every state has an Insurance fund. If an insurance company can not meet its obligations the state fund takes over, and other insurance companies will pick up the polices. The bail out means other Insurance companies that are responsible must compete with Aig that gets $85 billion so they can go after their competitors business.

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

I remember that party, it was here in southern california Laguna Beach I think. You also have to remember that it was booked months in advance and pre-paid for. Not much you can do there. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but in that instance they couldn't do much. Did you know over 83% of firms on the Street are canceling their annual x-mas party. And from a friend who works at S&P the bonuses this year are being slashed across the board. An AIG failure would've been felt worldwide. It needed to be helped out. I'm just curious to see where the previous poster got that this bailout will be used to issue stock dividends.

Where are you getting this information from? Especially the one concerning the stock dividends and executive pay. Yes, the public was against the bail out, and they were wrong. I doubt your average Joe could've comprehended what would've happened if AIG went under. When you have people like Buffet, and Soros backing the bail out I would think most people would at listen educate themselves as to what is really going on. Instead they bitch and moan and expect the news media to spoon feed them information. Obama knows he's not the smartest man out there and realizes that he does NOT have all the answers. But what he is doing is surrounding himself with some pretty freaking smart people. Here are a few: Buffet, Giether, Summers (grad of MIT at 16 and tenured at Harvard at 28), chairs of Google, Time Warner and Xerox. All these individuals and a few others are part of Obama's economic brain trust team. Yes, I think Obama's plan will work but it will take some time.

Seems funny how so many thing that the general pulbic is so stupid and wrong all the time.

Sign of the times ?

Oh, and by the way, the public was not wrong. The bailout was, is and will continue to be a step toward nationalization of private sector business. Expansion of the gov under the guise of helping us. Sorry, I cant by it.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I don't know about the economy, but he is upholding his pledge to be a uniter of the parties and change the way politics is done in washington.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27628719

It looks like partisan politics after all:S This is coming to you courtesy of MSNBC, who is not biased or in the tank for Obama in any way:D

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Thanks. Good article and it's a catch-22. If they don't pay dividends investors wont want to invest in the banks, hoard the cash and there is less to lend out, pay out the dividends the public gets pissed and banks look irresponsible. I would really like to hear what top economist and investors have to say.