Belgian_Draft

My Favorite Bible Verse....

Deuteronomy 23:10 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

10 If one of your men is unclean because of a nocturnal emission, he is to go outside the camp and stay there.

My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

Proverbs 27:15
A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day

Proverbs 21:19
Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife.

Proverbs 21:9
Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

Proverbs 19:13
A foolish son is his father's ruin, and a quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

My favorite is Numbers 22:28
"Then the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?"
And what should be the next verse:
"And Balaam replied, "Holy crap, a talking donkey!"

A close second, Matthew 4:5
"Then the devil took him (Jesus) to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down."
(A nod to HWalter.)

Yup, I've been tempted like that. Only was able to fight temptation because of funky winds. Also, makes me wonder what canopy he had. ;)

Jesus was a BASE jumper?:o
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

.... Matthew 4:5
"Then the devil took him (Jesus) to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down."
(A nod to HWalter.)

Yup, I've been tempted like that. Only was able to fight temptation because of funky winds. Also, makes me wonder what canopy he had. ;)

Noice B|

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

My favorite is the entire laundry list of things God tells Moses he wants his alter to look like. I can't remember if it's Exodus or Leviticus or a combination, but he goes into this vivid description in how to build the alter with this size gold and that color curtains and a slew of other things.

I thought to myself, "God is an interior decorator from Queer Eyes for the Straight Guy?"

They get really detailed about it. Also they describe in exact detail how to make the Ark of the Covenant, with winged cherubim on the top etc.

I wonder if anyone rich enough to afford all that gold has ever made an exact replica. You could do it with the amount of detailed info in the Bible.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------