Belgian_Draft

My Favorite Bible Verse....

For those ov you without a bible handy

Proverbs 31:7: Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.

1 Thessalonians, 4:17: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Timothy 4:1-4.
1: Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2: Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3: Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4: For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

1 Thessalonians, 4:17: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Is that a religious interpretation of skydiving, or a sky-divine interpretation of religion?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Is that a religious interpretation of skydiving, or a sky-divine interpretation of religion?

I was meerly the transcriber.

I’m rather fond of the Song of Songs or Song of Solomon. 1:2,4 “Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine. “Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.”

Also Matthew 5:9

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

1cor 13:13...and these three remain, faith, hope, and love, andthe greatest of these, is love.
phi 4:4... rejoice in the Lord always, again I say, rejoice
phi 2:13...consider others as more important than yourself.

jas 1:12 is pretty also...blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, for when he has withstood the test, he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love Him

Matthew 4:5-6

"Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone."

BASE in the Bible

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners;

My two favorites among many are,

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He sent His only Son , that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

Matt 4:4 & Deuteronomy 8:3 Man shall not live by bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

My favorite is Numbers 22:28
"Then the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?"
And what should be the next verse:
"And Balaam replied, "Holy crap, a talking donkey!"

A close second, Matthew 4:5
"Then the devil took him (Jesus) to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down."
(A nod to HWalter.)

Yup, I've been tempted like that. Only was able to fight temptation because of funky winds. Also, makes me wonder what canopy he had. ;)