DroptheMan04

rear risers?

Firstly, have you talked to your instructors about this? No matter what you read here, talk to your instructors about this question and the answers you read here on DZ.com.

Is it really work if you pull down the rear risers to make you go more further?

It really depends on what context. Going further from a long spot, well it depends on the conditions and the canopy. There's something called the accuracy spot. Look down under canopy, you'll see the ground moving. Look up to the horizon, you'll see the ground "rising." Somewhere in between you'll find a spot that isn't moving. If you did nothing you would land at that spot. Once you have that spot, try pulling down 1/4 brakes. See where the spot goes. Pull down 1/2 brakes and see where the spot goes. Pull down 3/4 brakes and see where the spot goes. Now try the rear risers and see where the spot goes.

During the discussion you will have with your instructors talk to them about completing stalls using your toggles. Also discuss stall using rear risers. This is important.

Going further on landing? Well, rear riser landings for distance is a relatively advanced technique. Discuss this with your instructors further. For a typical skydiving landing, your toggles really are the ideal input.

For going further with your girl (well it IS Bonfire), rear risers only work if she is facing away from you in a sex swing. Discuss this further with your instructors only if you dare. This is more of a discussion to have with your rigger.>:(:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Naw, nothing wrong with your eyes, sometimes it takes a few times to find it.

As for accuracy, its been talked about quite a bit...it all starts with flying a constant and pre planned landing pattern. Once you start flying a consistant pattern that you planned, then you can adjust your pattern to fly accurately. That's the foundation that everything else is based on.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i have tried the 'find the spot where the ground is not moving' and i can't find it.. maybe that is why my accuracy sucks.

I had that problem until someone explained it to me a bit differently. You are looking for the spot that doesn't move but to find it you first have to look at a couple spots that are moving.

Try this next time you're hanging out in your holding area. Pick a spot on the ground in front of you (any old spot will do). Watch what the spot seems to be doing as you fly along at full flight. Does it appear to be rising as you fly along? If so, then if you change nothing about your inputs (ie continue in full flight) you will land short of it. Does it appear to be sinking as you fly along? If so, then if you change nothing about your inputs you will land beyond it. If it appears to be neither rising nor sinking, if you change nothing about your inputs you'll land very close to it.

Once you've seen it from up high a few times (which, btw, is a very handy trick to use when trying to figure out if you'll make it back from a long spot), it becomes a lot easier to use when you're flying your landing pattern.

Does that make any sense??

Try this next time you're hanging out in your holding area. Pick a spot on the ground in front of you (any old spot will do). Watch what the spot seems to be doing as you fly along at full flight. Does it appear to be rising as you fly along? If so, then if you change nothing about your inputs (ie continue in full flight) you will land short of it. Does it appear to be sinking as you fly along? If so, then if you change nothing about your inputs you will land beyond it. If it appears to be neither rising nor sinking, if you change nothing about your inputs you'll land very close to it.

Once you've seen it from up high a few times (which, btw, is a very handy trick to use when trying to figure out if you'll make it back from a long spot), it becomes a lot easier to use when you're flying your landing pattern.

Once again, great advice from rom Lisa -

Just remember, when you are practicing this skill, remain traffic and altitude aware!

-
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

is there something wrong with my eyes? i have tried the 'find the spot where the ground is not moving' and i can't find it.. maybe that is why my accuracy sucks.

I used to coach Little League. The technique I used to teach the kids how to catch a fly ball is somewhat similar to teaching accuracy.

If the ball is in the air (and it is over its ascent arch), but it is moving toward your feet (it will land in front of you) then you need to move your body (run) forward, keeping your eye on the ball, until the ball appears to stop moving, this means that the ball is coming straight for you and you are in the ‘sweet spot” to catch the ball.

If the ball is in the air, but it is moving toward the crown of your head (it will land in behind you), you need to move your body (run) backwards, keeping your eye on the ball, until the ball appears to stop moving, this means that the ball is coming straight for you and you are in the ‘sweet spot” to catch the ball

If the ball is just hanging in the air, that means it is comming straight at you and you are in a good position the catch the ball.

So for parachuting, just switch things around, now you are the ball.
If a fixed object is moving toward your feet, you will land on the other side of it.
If that object is slowly moving up and away from you, you are fgoing to land short of it.
There is a point on the ground that does not appear to be moving, that is the general area you will land.

*If you change your mode of flight (turns, flying in brakes etcetera) you are going to change the variables.

Something like that…
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…