JohnRich

Rest In Peace, America

If America ever does fall it will be because of fucking idiots that cant spell and think people who can are elitists:S:S:S

More than likely America will fall because of over-educated idiots who can spell every word in the dictionary but are too freakin' stupid to kill their own supper.
This country was built by the blood, sweat, and tears of men and women who couldn't spell and thought of educated folk as elitists.

You're right and then Columbus landed and as unfortunate as it was, the educated people took over.

Those educated people - the ones who gave us jet engines and an electrical power grid and radio and TV and computers and telephones and radar and refrigerators and microwave ovens and sewage systems and clean water supplies and elevators and a space program and kevlar vests and kevlar helmets and lasers and cell phones and iPODs and the world wide web and internet forums and Twin Otters and laser printers and fuel injection and digital cameras and semiconductors and utrasound imaging and MRI machines and open heart surgery and painkillers and communication satellites and ...

Who needs them?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

WOW. Really so were have you guys been the last 8 years?

I love the drama queens who didn’t say a word when there boy GWB took a shit on this country constitution, foreign relation, economy, and basically everything we have stood for?
Let’s hope we can reveres the damage this administration has caused.

I was listening to the radio yesterday and all you heard was BO is not an American, or he is a Muslim, a communist. Lets not forget these are the same people who lied about Kerry and McCaine how many times do you have to be lied to until you get that your being lied too?

I juts find it annoying that there is not one valid reason that's not based on some ones assumption or paranoia.
Let’s see.
The guy started poor, worked hard to be one of the best in his school, worked to help his community, ran a great campaign, always showed class and intelligence, and has the power to inspire the world.
I like that in a leader. The best part about BO is that he is intelligent and I feel that he is smart enough to know to take other smart peoples advise in to consideration.

Good day for America and it was good to see that less then 50% of the population seems retarded now. Maybe they started reading.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

We've been propelled into a warrantless War, an economic crisis based on unbound spending.

Sorry to pee on your parade, but the country's economic woes are due largely to the lowering of lending standards in the mortgage industry during the 90's. The (democrat led) congress forced legislation that allowed people to buy homes they couldn't afford with no down payment, and not even an income verification process, and then banks that bucked the laws were politically beaten down by the likes of organizations like ACORN.

In fact, Bush asked congress three seperate times to review and tighten lending standards to a reasonable level to reverse what economists called a looming disaster.

Just the facts.;)

IN FACT, the CRA loan default rate was no higher than that of "regular" mortages. The problem was NOT CRA loans, it was subprime loans created by greedy brokers so they could collect large commissions, which were then packaged into securities and greedily gobbled up by Wall Street's "masters of the universe".

JUST THE FACTS.

Nice try, but the sub-prime loans you refer to ARE the mortgages I'm referring to. The Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 was the beginning of problem, which was worsened when congress lowered even further the standards on borrowers, even allowing people to be approved for a loan without so much as an income verification!! These were high-risk loans that the banks were politically arm-twisted into making to people who can read and write, but now claim they didn't know what they were signing. Huh? Buy a house and NOT understand the contract. That's called stupidity in anyone's book.

Many of these folks were banking on having better incomes by the time their adjustable rate mortgages went up, or being able to sell their house for more than they paid for it in a rapidly rising housing market, thus allowing them to get out of the situation. That fell apart when the housing market peaked and they found themselves with a house they couldn't afford that they also couldn't sell for the owed amount or better. And what did these folks do when they couldn't pay a NO DOWN PAYMENT loan they signed onto? They said "let 'em foreclose - I got no skin in the game!!"

Were there greedy mortgage people conning clients into these loans? Certainly there were some, but every single buyer had the opportunity to read their contract (or have it reviewed by someone who could read) and say no to a loan that would eventually bury them.

My wife has been in the mortgage business for 30 years. She watched this happen day by day. We often spoke of how crazy it was that loans were being granted with NO down payments and NOT EVEN verification of income. THAT was the doing of the democrat led congress lowering lending standards under the "affordable housing" mantra, and THAT is what led to the insane default rates, and THAT is what led to the securities you speak of becoming worthless paper.

There was indeed greed all along the way, but much of it was on the part of buyers who saw an opportunity to own a home for nothing more than a rent payment.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

No, a flag really IS hanging upside down outside our door. :|

Though I don't agree with displaying the flag in that manner, I have to stand by Chad by what he believes is going to happen to our country.

Tell him he might as well drag it through mud and then set it on fire while he's at it. Meanwhile the rest of us will celebrate a good day in the story of our nation.

Blues,
Dave

Or he could go to Iran and join others who abuse the flag, they do it because they hate our democracy and freedoms just like appears to do.

i guess i have a lot more faith in america than you. i don't agree with the direction its going to head in the next four years, but i'm sure this nation has been through much worse. the pendulum will swing back the other way, it always does. i'm going to try to give obama the benefit of the doubt. i don't want to spend the next 4 years hatin'. i didn't vote for him, but he will be my president and i will support him when i think he does the right thing, and bitch about it when i think he does the wrong thing.

This is what makes democracy work. The willingness of the minority to accept the results. Without that willingness, we are just like the old "Bannana Republics" in Central America. It is easier for the minority to do this when the majority acts in ways that benifit ALL the people, not just the ones who voted for them.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Sore loser #4

Ad hominem rhetoric is so much easier than real discourse.

What's to discourse with someone who hangs the US Flag upside down after a legal, constitutional election that his champion lost? It's as fine a demonstration of sorelosership as I've seen.

It will continue today with Hannity, Bill O and Rush. These are the guys for the last 8 years have claimed that disagreeing with the POTUS was an outrageous form of unpatriotic action.

Funny how the rules change as they seem fit.

I will have all them on today to see if they continue with the rhetoric that Brit Hume and Karl Rove started off with last night.

But here is the bottom line: The group the neo cons have pandered to for votes the last 20 years are now outnumbered by an educated and active generation. The neo cons have, at most, one more election left in them before we can place a headstone on that grave. I will happily do a dance that day.

It will continue today with Hannity, Bill O and Rush. These are the guys for the last 8 years have claimed that disagreeing with the POTUS was an outrageous form of unpatriotic action.

Funny how the rules change as they seem fit.

I was thinking of trying to call in to Hannity's show today to ask if he thinks that the Dems should use their "mandate" to implement the "nuclear option" on the filibuster, or exclude the R's from committee meetings etc. Do you think I'll get through?:D

If America ever does fall it will be because of fucking idiots that cant spell and think people who can are elitists:S:S:S

More than likely America will fall because of over-educated idiots who can spell every word in the dictionary but are too freakin' stupid to kill their own supper.
This country was built by the blood, sweat, and tears of men and women who couldn't spell and thought of educated folk as elitists.

You're right and then Columbus landed and as unfortunate as it was, the educated people took over.

Those educated people - the ones who gave us jet engines and an electrical power grid and radio and TV and computers and telephones and radar and refrigerators and microwave ovens and sewage systems and clean water supplies and elevators and a space program and kevlar vests and kevlar helmets and lasers and cell phones and iPODs and the world wide web and internet forums and Twin Otters and laser printers and fuel injection and digital cameras and semiconductors and utrasound imaging and MRI machines and open heart surgery and painkillers and communication satellites and ...

Who needs them?

You forgot nuclear weapons and chemical weapons and biological weapons and pollution and stock market crashes and war and human rights abuses and greedy corporations and corupt politicians and instruments of torture.....

I never claimed all educated people are evil.
Are you claiming none are?

My only problem with educated folk is with those educated folk who place themselves above less educated folk. Do you believe yourself superior to those of less education and/or different beliefs?
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

And build a fire to cook it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But can she skin Grizz.

Aint never skinned a grizz.... but I have skint a couple black baars

Damn things stink to high heaven.:|

i guess i have a lot more faith in america than you. i don't agree with the direction its going to head in the next four years, but i'm sure this nation has been through much worse. the pendulum will swing back the other way, it always does. i'm going to try to give obama the benefit of the doubt. i don't want to spend the next 4 years hatin'. i didn't vote for him, but he will be my president and i will support him when i think he does the right thing, and bitch about it when i think he does the wrong thing.

This is what makes democracy work. The willingness of the minority to accept the results. Without that willingness, we are just like the old "Bannana Republics" in Central America. It is easier for the minority to do this when the majority acts in ways that benifit ALL the people, not just the ones who voted for them.

and i hope obama does just that. i think he's smart enough to know that that's exactly what he'll have to do to get re-elected in four years. what that means though, is that he will have to keep nancy pelosi in check because i don't think she is that smart.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Bottom line folks. It don't matter who is voted in. If we continue to live in this country on Greed and Money its all going to crash. This country was not built on money alone but fine set of principles and real trust in God. Our forefathers put those in place for a reason.

We have to learn to be self sufficient help our fellow man and give a Damn about people and really and truly put Christ first in our lives and look to him for Guidance.

Thats the only way this Country will ever make it in the end.
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

If we continue to live in this country on Greed and Money its all going to crash.

greed and the desire for money is what has driven people in this country to create, inovate, produce, succeed, and thrive. it is what has made our country into a superpower in just 200 years. the trick is to keep it in check.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

And build a fire to cook it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But can she skin Grizz.

Aint never skinned a grizz.... but I have skint a couple black baars

Damn things stink to high heaven.:|

They may smell a bit, but the jerky and chili made from them is a tasty treat. :)
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Sore loser #4

Ad hominem rhetoric is so much easier than real discourse.

But it's impossible to have a real discourse with people that are improperly hanging flags upside down and creating tombstones for the death of America out of some disillusioned state that our country has fallen.

edit]not aimed at anyone in particular.
Funny thing. First president in recent elections to win BOTH the pop and electoral vote. No words of "God wanted him in the WHITE house were spoken, just the majority of the country has spoken. We took the house and senate too. Your good ole' boy Bush has left this to you. So if you truly believe America has fallen apart, blame him for the tragedy that most are smart enough to recognize as a blessing.

If ANYONE has had the call to hang a flag upside down or erect a tombstone to America, it's been those that did not believe in Bush in 00' and 04'. We have watched powerlessly as he and his buddies systematically raped, pillaged, and now somewhat burned our country, filling their coffers with lucre.
No one here (AFAIK) is rubbing it in your nose that we won. But there certainly is a gnashing of teeth, renting of clothes. Wonder how much ash and sackcloth we'll see the theives of washington wearing...
They've been caught out, and you've been duped.
America has spoken, and it was the people of America that spoke, not some fucked-up disillusionment that God willed it.

The major thing that has disappointed me over this campaign is that John McCain should have been our President for the last 8 years, NOT w. Karl Rove and all his minions did a hatchet job on McCain in the South Carolina primary in 2000. That took the momentum out of McCain's "Straight Talk Express" and he never caught back up. And in this campaign, it looked to me as though he "sold out" and hired those same bastards to run his show. I think he lost because he sold his soul to the Devil.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

No, a flag really IS hanging upside down outside our door. :|

Though I don't agree with displaying the flag in that manner, I have to stand by Chad by what he believes is going to happen to our country.

Tell him he might as well drag it through mud and then set it on fire while he's at it. Meanwhile the rest of us will celebrate a good day in the story of our nation.

Blues,
Dave

Or he could go to Iran and join others who abuse the flag, they do it because they hate our democracy and freedoms just like appears to do.

Nah, apparently they're all moving to Texas.:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Who needs them?

Don't forget to take it back to the guy who figured out how to make weapons used to kill that animal. What a sell-out! He should have been digging roots and throwing rocks at rabbits like everyone else....frickin' arrow snob!!!! Watch, next he'll probably catch them and keep them in cages so he doesn't even have to hunt!

Funny that I watched Guns, Gems and Steel last night.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Chad -
If you are truly in fear of immediate danger of your life and property, I would gladly come to your house to provide protection and chip in to ensure that you can get your family somewhere safe.
If not, I would very gladly help you correctly display the symbol of freedom that I have fought for and some of my friends and family have died for. Fly it proudly. Do not turn it into a symbol of your political views. Find something else for that. Burn a lifesized Obama doll in your driveway everyday if you like, but think about the sacrifices made on the behalf of you and your family before you desecrate that which some hold sacred.

JohnRich -
10 November is just a few days away. Renew yourself. If you really think America has ended, lock, load and get to work. Of all people who would post something like that, I would least expect it from someone who has served America proudly.

Funny that I watched Guns, Gems and Steel last night.

I didn't know there was such a documentary...was it on TV or DVD? I just listened to the audiobook several weeks ago and found it really interesting.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Greed and the desire for money are not what has made this country great, at least not wholly. Greed had nothing to do with the discovery of powered flight, the countless medical advances we enjoy, the space program, to name a few. I think the confidence to overcome obstacles and challenges is what has propelled this country to becoming a super power. Challenging our citizens to step up to the plate and take these new challenges, (energy independence, economic turmoil, competing in a truly global economy), is what will show the greatness of our nation again. Just because we ALL have been asleep at the wheel up to this point does not dictate that the American way is dead. The choice to head off that reality is the choice of every American. Innovation is usually ursurped by Greed, not driven by it. ;)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Congratulation with a great elections, and welcome back to the future. I see more hope than there have been for a long time, and there will need big changes that will not come easy. So I hope there is patient to walk the long way, and understand it is necessary.

Not that I agree with the practice, but it is not illegal to hang a flag upside down. Or rub dirt into it. Or burn it. Those are all protected under freedom of speech.

Best be careful. My not so bright cousin hung the flag upside down out early in the morning by accident last month. She didn't know the meaning. She found out real quick when the next door neighbor (miliary girl) came over armed to see what was going on. She knows now. ;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.