lewmonst

WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR?

If Bob Barr won Idaho, he should get 3 electoral votes out of it.

Blues,
Dave

why only 3? you trying to disenfranchise the voters of idaho.;)

My bad...I thought Idaho only had 3, not 4. The parts I visit most frequently are less densely populated than Montana. :D

Blues,
Dave

Is that because they see you coming and go hide?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Voted last week. I like the ritual and the exercise of voting. Would have preferred to have not had the wait: 4h20min in downtown Atlanta.

This part bothers me. When I see people waiting hours in line, or facing the prospect of not being able to vote before the polls are supposed to close, I want to know how this happened. Counties may be strapped for cash, but there should be adequete capacity to allow people to vote. I wouldn't wait 4 hours, or even 1 hour, and that seems like a very effective disenfranchising technique.

Voted last week. I like the ritual and the exercise of voting. Would have preferred to have not had the wait: 4h20min in downtown Atlanta.

This part bothers me. When I see people waiting hours in line, or facing the prospect of not being able to vote before the polls are supposed to close, I want to know how this happened. Counties may be strapped for cash, but there should be adequete capacity to allow people to vote. I wouldn't wait 4 hours, or even 1 hour, and that seems like a very effective disenfranchising technique.

Concur that as a single data point it is something that may be worth investigating and exploring w/r/t exactly the implicit disenfrachisement that you suggest. More questions than answers: is this a largely urban phenomenon or rural as well? Is it Georgia specific? E.g., as a counter-example, when I voted in south central Los Angeles in the 1990s, I didn't have similar waits.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

So did I (vote for America) . Where there is a melting pot of races, beliefs and cultures. Where the people are supposed to be heard and treated equally. Maybe now I can start to love this country as I once did when Clinton was President. Go Obama!!!
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Concur that as a single data point it is something that may be worth investigating and exploring w/r/t exactly the implicit disenfrachisement that you suggest. More questions than answers: is this a largely urban phenomenon or rural as well? Is it Georgia specific? E.g., as a counter-example, when I voted in south central Los Angeles in the 1990s, I didn't have similar waits.

VR/Marg

We had some problems here in VA. In Chesapeake there was a precinct that reported a 6-7 hour wait. Some of it was equipment related, some because of wet ballots getting stuck in optical scanners.
I'm still in awe that we're dealing with these issues in 2008.

We had some problems here in VA. In Chesapeake there was a precinct that reported a 6-7 hour wait. Some of it was equipment related, some because of wet ballots getting stuck in optical scanners.
I'm still in awe that we're dealing with these issues in 2008.

yes, this is what I expect of developing nations having their first election.

i wished I earned that kind of income...the sad part of it all is when your employer has to pay more taxes, they usually take it out on employees. If you think they are going to take a cut in pay, think about it. I hope Obama does a good job.