porpoishead

holloween political cartoons

...or just let capitalism do its thang and allow hersheys and nestle to continue to turn a profit during candy season and allow their employees and shareholders/owners to benefit from the success of their company and hard work...
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

...or just let capitalism do its thang and allow hersheys and nestle to continue to turn a profit during candy season and allow their employees and shareholders/owners to benefit from the success of their company and hard work...

We can't have that! Capitalism is not FAIR don't you know. Who will think of the lazy worthless people?
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

We can't have that! Capitalism is not FAIR don't you know. Who will think of the lazy worthless people?

Please tell us the amount of taxpayer money paid in 2007 to worthless lazy people who won't work. I would like to know the extent of this so-called "problem".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

...or just let capitalism do its thang

Yeah. Like they did this month.:S

Republicans have no problem with welfare, so long as it's CORPORATE welfare.

I see that some of those banks that were in such bad shape they needed a taxpayer bailout, are now paying dividends to their stockholders. Tell me THAT is not redistribution of wealth.

Plese tell us the amount of taxpayer money paid in 2007 to worthless lazy people who won't work. I would like to know the extent of this so-called "problem".

A real number of from my personal experience? A significant number of people, whom I have personally seen and met, who live in HUD and collect SSI or similar are able bodied persons who simply have no desire to work. To top it off, they decided not to complete even their high school education and do not want to get a GED. So they collect MY money from the government and spend it on such nice things as a damned 50" plasma TV from a Rent-To-Own. They pay a few of the weekly payments then move a few times so the collectors can't find them and BAM they're living back in HUD with no furniture and a TV the size of my damned sofa.

Seem like an isolated problem with a single individual? You would be wrong.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Plese tell us the amount of taxpayer money paid in 2007 to worthless lazy people who won't work. I would like to know the extent of this so-called "problem".

A real number of from my personal experience? A significant number of people, whom I have personally seen and met, who live in HUD and collect SSI or similar are able bodied persons who simply have no desire to work. To top it off, they decided not to complete even their high school education and do not want to get a GED. So they collect MY money from the government and spend it on such nice things as a damned 50" plasma TV from a Rent-To-Own. They pay a few of the weekly payments then move a few times so the collectors can't find them and BAM they're living back in HUD with no furniture and a TV the size of my damned sofa.

Seem like an isolated problem with a single individual? You would be wrong.

Translation - you don't know but anecdotes are fun.

Well, my anecdote is based off of a few hundred people. Take it or leave it, it does offer a real world non-academic dose of truth.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Well, my anecdote is based off of a few hundred people. Take it or leave it, it does offer a real world non-academic dose of truth.

:D:D:D:D

Does ANYONE have any real data?

I see that some of those banks that were in such bad shape they needed a taxpayer bailout, are now paying dividends to their stockholders. Tell me THAT is not redistribution of wealth.

Well that's what happens when the government bails companies out. That's why it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Did the Democrats not want the bail out? I recall that quite a few did think it was a good idea. So did a bunch of Republicans. They were wrong. Stockholders are placing a "bet" on a company when they buy stock. If you bet wrong, you lose. They should have lost. If the government wanted to buy out a company, they should have just bought it when the prices bottomed out on it after they DIDN'T pass a bail out.
Oh, hello again!

And then hand them $700 billion to cover the lull between Easter and Halloween.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)