airdvr

Obama, Ayers and Rashid Khalidi

Desperation has a peculiar odor, doesn't it?

You mean like the odor of everyone who jumped on the thread to defend Barry?

So far we've managed to tie in PeeWee, Osama, Rummy, Liddy, Kagan, et al. Problem is we all know about those people. We know what they did and their agenda at the time.

And the list gets one name longer

Wright
Ayers
Rezco
Jones
Pfleger
Kahlidi
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Why would the editors say they had something like that? Especially the editors of the totally unbiased:S LA Times....

The LA Times isn't saying it, some dipshits in Kansas are.

Kansas? Please watch calling people in Kansas dipshits, as this article may have come from the Kansas City star, but that paper is based in Kansas City Missouri, NOT Kansas!

Joe

Sorry. When I read Kansas City I automatically think of Kansas City, Kansas. Dunno why. Just sort of a reflex action I guess. I mean, the cities are so amazingly different! They're like Minneapolis and St. Paul for fuck sake, but without the river. Well, not the same river at least . . .

My apologies to Dorothy and Toto. ;)

The citys are amazingly diffrent infact.
KCMO has the big downtown, all the crime and grime where as kck has no large downtown structure and the crime and grime.
kcmo is the city of fountains, they have the plaza and kck has the nascar track area wich will soon house skyventuer in the waterpark.
Dorthy and toto where not offended as they where dipshits for being out in a tornado.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

That just looked like those guys were editorializing about what actually is a news story that seems to have come from the editors of the LA Times and the journalist who acquired the tape. The story is actually out there and even some lefties are concerned with the Khalidi connection...http://www.talkleft.com/story/2008/4/17/151133/172 (this is editorial too, but interesting)

I agree, it is suspicious that they haven't released the tape and only months later are claiming they're not doing it because of an agreement with the source.

Unfortunately, this all falls squarely in the camp of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". After so much time spent by the anti-Obama crowd over Ayers, Wright, Farrakhan, and the rest, people are just fed up.

And the list gets one name longer

Wright
Ayers
Rezco
Jones
Pfleger
Kahlidi

The list of people he may or may not have met once at a party? Wow, how damning!

While we're on the subject, what exactly is wrong with Prof Khalidi? He seems to have had a fairly distinguished academic career (undergrad at Yale, PhD at oxford, taught at institutions including Georgetown, Chicago and now Columbia). He is also a member of several bi-partisan ventures, including the National Advisory Committee of the U.S. Interreligious Committee for Peace in the Middle East and the Board of Sponsors of The Palestine-Israel Journal. Reports that Khalidi was ever a PLO spokesman are, at this point, mere speculation that has always been denied.

So, at this point, what is wrong with Obama (possibly) knowing Prof Khalidi? Is Obama supposed to shun a leading academic in his city because they disagree on one foreign policy issue? Does the fact that Obama may have turned up at his leaving party mean that he agrees with Prof khalidi on every point of foreign policy? Do you agree on foreign policy with everyone you've ever been at a party with?

Get. Fucking. Real.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

We;re getting a bit closer....
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/29/mccain-slams-la-times-double-standard-withholding-obama-khalidi-tape/

refusing to release a videotape that the newspaper's editors say shows Barack Obama praising a Chicago professor who served as a spokesman for the Palestine Liberation Organization when it was a U.S.-designated terror group.

And this from back in April...
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-obamamideast10apr10,0,1780231,full.story

A special tribute came from Khalidi's friend and frequent dinner companion, the young state Sen. Barack Obama. Speaking to the crowd, Obama reminisced about meals prepared by Khalidi's wife, Mona, and conversations that had challenged his thinking.

At Khalidi's going-away party in 2003, the scholar lavished praise on Obama, telling the mostly Palestinian American crowd that the state senator deserved their help in winning a U.S. Senate seat. "You will not have a better senator under any circumstances," Khalidi said.

Barry's list of "interesting" associations may not be damning but with very little else to go on it makes people wonder.

And for the record I don't think the world will come to an end if he's elected. We'll all still get up on Weds. and do the same thing we did on Tues. OTOH, if he's defeated it could get interesting in the larger cities.

Destinations by Roxanne

So, at this point, what is wrong with Obama (possibly) knowing Prof Khalidi? Is Obama supposed to shun a leading academic in his city because they disagree on one foreign policy issue?

What he said. We're talking about an academic, whose job it is to explore ideas and communicate that exploration. His JOB.

And, to play the network game: John McCain served as chairman of the International Republican Institute (IRI) during the 1990s which provided grants worth $500,000 to a Palestinian research organization that was co-founded by Khalidi.

I've been at parties with convicted felons. I've been at parties with known philanderers. I've skydived with child molesters. I even count some anti-Islamists among my friends. I've invited them to my house. That doesn't make me intolerant, it just means that I associate with people who aren't exactly like me.

Big fucking deal.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I've been at parties with convicted felons. I've been at parties with known philanderers. I've skydived with child molesters.

Did you invite them for dinner? Or have dinner at their house? Did you praise them? Are you attempting to become the leader of the most powerful nation on earth?

I realize you don't care about that type of stuff. As evidenced by the tightening polls, many do. Myself included.

Destinations by Roxanne

Did you invite them for dinner? Or have dinner at their house? Did you praise them? Are you attempting to become the leader of the most powerful nation on earth?

I'll ask you again then - what is wrong with knowing a distinguished academic who you happen to disagree with in one area of foreign policy? Have you never been friendly with someone who disagreed with you on any area of foreign policy?

I agree, it is suspicious that they haven't released the tape and only months later are claiming they're not doing it because of an agreement with the source.

Did anyone ask before now?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Dammit, I was gonna post that picture. Clearly Rumsfield was Saddam's BFF, how come nobody is exploiting that connection?

Blues,
Dave

It looks like Rumsfeld, but it's really Obama in whiteface.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Why would the editors say they had something like that? Especially the editors of the totally unbiased:S LA Times....

The LA Times isn't saying it, some dipshits in Kansas are.

Kansas? Please watch calling people in Kansas dipshits, as this article may have come from the Kansas City star, but that paper is based in Kansas City Missouri, NOT Kansas!

Joe

Sorry. When I read Kansas City I automatically think of Kansas City, Kansas. Dunno why. Just sort of a reflex action I guess. I mean, the cities are so amazingly different! They're like Minneapolis and St. Paul for fuck sake, but without the river. Well, not the same river at least . . .

My apologies to Dorothy and Toto. ;)

And Virginia City is in ..... Nevada!

Dammit, I was gonna post that picture. Clearly Rumsfield was Saddam's BFF, how come nobody is exploiting that connection?

Blues,
Dave

Rumsfeld isn't running for President maybe?

Well, if you want presidents, I heard a rumor that our own revered Ronald Reagan (R) dealt in secret with the Iranian hostage takers and funnelled the proceeds to a terrorist group called the Contras. Hard to believe, of course.

what is wrong with knowing a distinguished academic who you happen to disagree with in one area of foreign policy?

Nothing at all. What you're seeing is nothing more than another attempt to find a way to derail Obama by any means possible. This particular angle is one that is trying to portray Obama as anti-semitic. Khalidi has pointed out some of Israel's war crimes and the right wing noise machine is trying to assert that Obama's relationship makes him an enemy to Israel.
It's bullshit. But that's what you get when ignorance peddling talk radio hosts demand a disproportionate amount of attention.

Desperation has a peculiar odor, doesn't it?

Oddly enough, on the same day the Republicans are trying to get this to stick, Obama ran a half hour campaign ad...and I didn't hear him mention McCain or Palin's name once in it. It was a nice contrast to this kind of mud-slinging.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

what is wrong with knowing a distinguished academic who you happen to disagree with in one area of foreign policy?

Nothing at all. What you're seeing is nothing more than another attempt to find a way to derail Obama by any means possible. This particular angle is one that is trying to portray Obama as anti-semitic. Khalidi has pointed out some of Israel's war crimes and the right wing noise machine is trying to assert that Obama's relationship makes him an enemy to Israel.
It's bullshit. But that's what you get when ignorance peddling talk radio hosts demand a disproportionate amount of attention.

I know that. You know that. The OP seems reluctant to answer for some reason...

I know you know and you know that I know. But sometimes you have to spell it out so that they know that we know and that we also know that they really know what we know that they already know, you know?

>Did you invite them for dinner? Or have dinner at their house?

Never invited them for dinner, but had dinner at their house once. Needless to say, both myself and everyone else at dinner immediately went out and tried to bomb a childcare center.

>As evidenced by the tightening polls, many do. Myself included.

Yep. This guy is clearly concerned about the latest Ayers scare, but he has a solution:

===============
MANCHESTER – Fred Bramante, a member of McCain's New Hampshire Leadership Committee and a 2008 Alternate Delegate to the Republican National Convention today announced his support for Senator Obama's Campaign for Change.

Bramante, a Co-Chair of Gov. Mike Huckabee's presidential campaign and former Republican gubernatorial candidate, is a past Chairman and current member of the New Hampshire State Board of Education. His endorsement marks the first time nationally that a delegate or alternate delegate to the 2008 Republican National Convention has publicly announced their decision to support Sen. Obama.
===============

Do you have a job? I do.

Let's take a look at Mr. Khalidi.

Khalidi is a Board of Trustees member of the non-governmental organization MIFTAH http://www.miftah.org/

Khalidi's involvement with the Palestinian cause goes beyond mere support. News reports -- including a 1982 dispatch from Thomas Friedman of the New York Times -- suggest that he once served as Director of the Palestinian press agency, Wikalat al-Anba al-Filastinija. Khalidi's wife, Mona, was reportedly the agency's main English-language editor between 1976 and 1982. Khalidi so strongly identified with the aims of the PLO, which was designated as a terrorist group by the State Department during Khalidi's affiliation with it in the 1980s, that he repeatedly referred to himself as "we" when expounding on the PLO's agenda. Additional evidence of Khalidi's intimacy with the PLO can be seen in his involvement with the organization's so-called "guidance committee" in the early 1990s.

Scholarly institutions that do not promote anti-Israel propaganda have incurred Khalidi's wrath. Appearing on Al-Jazeera TV in 2004, Khalidi took aim at the prominent Middle Eastern Studies think-tank, the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP). That the non-partisan center is headed by Dennis Ross (a respected diplomat and a former Middle East envoy in the Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush administrations), and that it regularly hosts speakers from the Middle East who are critical of Israel, did not prevent Khalidi from execrating WINEP as "the most important Zionist propaganda tool in the United States."

The guy's a jew-hating radical for one. That's enough for me. And he and Barry are "good friends". I'm sure you'll say that doesn't mean anything, and I'm certain to you it doesn't. Others would disagree. Without much of a political record to go on some are forced to attempt to see past the eloquent BS and try and get a handle on who he really is.

Destinations by Roxanne

>The guy's a jew-hating radical for one. That's enough for me. And he
>and Barry are "good friends".

Right. And McCain actually solicited endorsements from Jew-hating radicals. In other words, he actively tried to make them part of his campaign. Yet you seem strangely silent on that one.

>The guy's a jew-hating radical for one. That's enough for me. And he
>and Barry are "good friends".

Right. And McCain actually solicited endorsements from Jew-hating radicals. In other words, he actively tried to make them part of his campaign. Yet you seem strangely silent on that one.

Not silent. I haven't seen a reference from you on this one.

Funny thing is, as the list gets longer the polls get tighter. I seem to remember Kerry being up roughly the same on W about this time 4 years ago. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Destinations by Roxanne

>I haven't seen a reference from you on this one.

You have, several times. Oddly you only seem to remember the negative associations of Obama.

>Funny thing is, as the list gets longer the polls get tighter.

Yep. They're so tight that McCain is sweating over the possible loss of _Arizona._ When you are in danger of losing your home state, I guess any attack, no matter how absurd, makes sense. I mean, it's not like you can do any worse.

===========================
October 30, 2008
Breaking News
McCain launches defensive robo-calls

By Reid Wilson, Arizona Capitol Times correspondent

In the wake of several new polls, both public and private, that show John McCain just a few points ahead of his Democratic opponent in his home state, the Republican presidential nominee has launched a new round of automated calls in his own state, according to media reports and sources in Arizona.

. . .

Several recent polls, including and Arizona State University poll released Tuesday night, have showed McCain leading but by a statistically insignificant margin. The Cronkite/Eight poll released Tuesday showed McCain leading his home state by just a 46%-44% margin.

. . .

GOP strategists from across the country are increasingly concerned that McCain's poll numbers are dipping below a point at which the Republican can make a comeback. Obama is competing virtually exclusively for formerly Republican states, including Nevada, Virginia, North Carolina and Indiana, along with perpetual swing states Florida and Ohio.

McCain has already surrendered at least two states President Bush won in 2004, giving up in Iowa and New Mexico. One Republican source aware of GOP spending priorities says the Republican National Committee, in an effort to prevent a dramatic landslide, has transfered advertising money from swing state Colorado in order to shore up ordinarily heavily Republican Indiana, which Bush won by twenty points in 2004. The RNC is also advertising in Montana and West Virginia, both states once considered heavily Republican.

But losing any of those states would pale in comparison to a Republican candidate losing his home state. While Democrat Al Gore lost Tennessee in 2000, no Republican presidential nominee has lost his home state since Thomas Dewey lost the Empire State against Franklin Roosevelt, a fellow New Yorker, in 1944.