skybill

Firearms ownership and political party affiliation

Since "Firearm Ownership/non-ownership" seems to be a prevailing "Issue" in this election, I just wondered how the numbers would crunch. You can own "NONE" or "One to however many!" You either "Own" or you "Don't!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Just recently got my first firearm. guess I owe some beer huh? (sorry i cant actually because im not old enough to buy beer, only guns):(

What did ya buy?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Not too surprised (or judgemental) that more Republicans own guns than Democrats. But I am surprised that twice as many Republicans say they DON'T own guns than Democrats.

I'm an independent who chooses not to own a firearm as I don't see the need to. If things (the economy & crime) really do go down the shitter, or if we move to rural Montana, then I'll buy a gun. I am opposed to gun control (Hurricane Katrina changed my mind about that for keeps).

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

If things (the economy & crime) really do go down the shitter, or if we move to rural Montana, then I'll buy a gun.

If a parachute jump goes bad with a nasty malfunction, will you then go out and buy a reserve?

You need to own a gun BEFORE you need it. Otherwise, it's too late.

Hi JR,
You got that right!!

Guns are just like Parachutes!!

In '67 the first time I walked into the Paraloft at NAS Los Alamitos I was greeted by this 5'x5' sign just inside the door that had a drawing of a parachute with wings logo and written across it were these words,"If you ever need 'ONE,' and don't have 'ONE,' Then you'll never need 'ONE' again!!"

Got that??
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I can verify that folks here in gun-friendly AZ are buying firearms at a record rate. I, personally, finally bought my own evil black gun and several hi-cap magazines as well as a Ruger 10/22 with hi-cap mags for the little woman. I've got lots of ammo now, too. The gun store had a big poster of Obama on the back of their front door with lots of scary talking points. Oh jeez! "Hank, better make that TWO cases of Wolf!" ;)

“Keep your elbow up!"

Hi alg,
Good stuff!! Besides the Ruger 10/22, Remington model 597 is nice too. You can get hi-cap mags for it also!! (Rem, BearCreek and others!!) Currently at my local Wally-World, Fed 550 round "Value Pack's" of .22LR go for $13.97 + $0.98tax for now! If 'Bamahami makes it he wants to make that tax on ammo like 500%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The next Gun Show here is 6-7 Dec, I'm going early, hope the dealers have some stock left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi JR,
You got that right!!

Guns are just like Parachutes!! ?

no - parachutes are not designed for the purpose for killing
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

Hi JR,
You got that right!!

Guns are just like Parachutes!! ?

no - parachutes are not designed for the purpose for killing

I'm more concerned about the end results which demonstrate that parachutes are 60X more dangerous than guns. Given 80M gun owners in America and 1200 acciental deaths the rate is less than 1 in 60,000. With about 30,000 active parachutists (as measured by the USPA membership required to jump most places) and about 30 fatalities our parachutes kill 1 in 1000.