Lucky...

Whole attack story made up.... sigh...Repubs will do anything to get elected

the fact that the B was inverted was a bit of a tipoff - that she likely had used a mirror. (and was not too bright - an O would have made more sense, and been easier to do)

lol! I saw the backwards "B" and thought the same thing! It didn't look like she went deep enough to leave a scar which is kind of a shame. Permanently maiming herself might have been an appropriate punishment for what she did. :S

>Instead of charging her with a crime. They should get her some help. She
>apparently has issues.

They should do both. Intentionally inciting people like that by lying about a crime can easily lead to riots and violence, and it's critical that it be made clear that it will not be tolerated.

But she should also get help; there's something clearly wrong there.

Yep. She's no more an example of typical republicans than a mugger is of typical democrats.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>She's no more an example of typical republicans than a mugger is of typical democrats.

Agreed 100%. Which is the point I was trying to make (albeit poorly) in the other thread.

And another reason for getting past the partisan Repug Democrap paradigm. It's the old "divide and conquer" redux the elites have used for centuries to keep the peasants from revolting. :S

As Carlin said: "It's a big club--and you ain't in it." So y'all go back to your cubicles now. There's nothing to see here. Move along now . . . .
“Keep your elbow up!"

Some people will do anything for attention. What about the professor who hung a noose on her door? Or the professor at Claremont several years back who vandalized her car?

And teh stupid thing here is that the camera didn't show teh assault; was she too stupid to realize there was a camera/cameras?

It could be argued that she is "attacking" the Democrats, or even black people in general since she claimed the attacker was black.

Personally I think it's BS, but you know how some people are..
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

It could be argued that she is "attacking" the Democrats, or even black people in general since she claimed the attacker was black.

Claiming the perp was a big black man is clearly and deliberately playing to people's prejudices. Having McCain and Palin phone her is clear and deliberate campaign grandstanding.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

This particular woman seems to want to do anything to get her candidate elected. It does not mean that "Republicans" (as a whole) will do "anything" to get elected. I doubt that most of them approve of what she did.

The girl is clearly in need of treatment.

McCain and Palin didn't have to get involved (they did). McCain's PA communications director didn't have to get involved (he did). Those were choices made by senior people in the campaign when it looked as if they could score points off the story.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In theory: yes. In the elements of the law, as in prosecution: no.

This particular woman seems to want to do anything to get her candidate elected. It does not mean that "Republicans" (as a whole) will do "anything" to get elected. I doubt that most of them approve of what she did.

Agreed..... just posturing for fun. Altho many of the electorate Repubs ran with it......what else do they have?