kallend

More GOP defectors

Whoa, Scott McClellan said he's voting for Obama? After he wrote a politically suicidal book? Who would have thunk it?

Seriously, who cares about that guy? No one on either side of the isle trusts him anymore.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Whoa, Scott McClellan said he's voting for Obama? After he wrote a politically suicidal book? Who would have thunk it?

Seriously, who cares about that guy? No one on either side of the isle trusts him anymore.

Ah, but the Isle of Wight is an ocean away from the aisle of Right.

Scott McClellan is voting for Sen. Obama?

stop the presses!

Old news. Yaaaaaaawn.

:S

If that makes you feel better.:P

I **suspect** he knows a lot of shit that you and I don't know.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ah, but the Isle of Wight is an ocean away from the aisle of Right.

As are the Scilly Isles.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

My republican brother says he is now going to vote for Obama but begged me not to tell his fiance.

What about that other secret?

Think she might find out of she catches him buying dresses and shoes in his own size?

Wait, is the guy we're talking about, Larry Craig, Republican Senator from Idaho?

Now people from his own campaign are voting for Obama:

==================================
Reagan Appointee and Recent McCain Adviser Charles Fried Supports Obama

Charles Fried, a professor at Harvard Law School, has long been one of the most important conservative thinkers in the United States. Under President Reagan, he served, with great distinction, as Solicitor General of the United States. Since then, he has been prominently associated with several Republican leaders and candidates, most recently John McCain, for whom he expressed his enthusiastic support in January.

This week, Fried announced that he has voted for Obama-Biden by absentee ballot. In his letter to Trevor Potter, the General Counsel to the McCain-Palin campaign, he asked that his name be removed from the several campaign-related committees on which he serves. In that letter, he said that chief among the reasons for his decision "is the choice of Sarah Palin at a time of deep national crisis."

Fried is exceptionally thoughtful and principled; his vote for Obama is especially noteworthy.
===============================
UPDATE: Fried writes to TNR: I admire Senator McCain and was glad to help in his campaign, and to be listed as doing so; but when I concluded that I must vote for Obama for the reason stated in my letter, I felt it wrong to appear to be recommending to others a vote that I was not prepared to cast myself. So it was more of an erasure than a public affirmation--although obviously my vote meant that I thought that Obama was preferable to McCain-Palin. I do not consider abstention a proper option.
==================================