MikeForsythe

Another democrat hate crime attack?

Neither McCain nor Palin tried to get any mileage out of this story, even before it was exposed as a hoax. Time to move on.

Ummmm No.

I still don't see where McCain or Palin themselves tried to get any mileage out of it. Campaign workers will do stupid things, some very stupid. I wouldn't hold McCain accountable for some isolated worker's remarks any more than I would Obama for an isolated remark coming from his side.

Where does the buck stop? AT THE TOP.

And both McCain and Palin phoned the hoaxer and made sure it made the national news.

Chasing is quite right - this event has revealed closet racism on the right, including that of a bunch of people who post here.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain’s quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting.

I don't agree with that statement. Some young college aged racist who takes it upon herself to race-bait is not the same as McCain telling her to go out and do it. Afterall if McCain or his staff were actually behind it, it would have appeared much more authentic.

You realize she was working a McCain phone bank, right? It's about the bottom of the ladder and I wouldn't attribute her actions to him, but it still doesn't look good.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Exactly. Both sides loose in this.

Um, excuse me? Apart from the possibility that there are still a bunch of people out there that still think it's true why does Obama lose anything here?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Neither McCain nor Palin tried to get any mileage out of this story, even before it was exposed as a hoax. Time to move on.

Ummmm No.

I still don't see where McCain or Palin themselves tried to get any mileage out of it. Campaign workers will do stupid things, some very stupid. I wouldn't hold McCain accountable for some isolated worker's remarks any more than I would Obama for an isolated remark coming from his side.

Interesting enough that the conservatives are the ones making really lame connections to Obama but yet people that wear the McCain color's and are on their campaign payroll should just be brushed over. Ok. Sure. Enjoy those double standards.

It's not a double standard if you condemn both sides for those activities. The last thing the voters want to see is a "he did it first" mentality.

ALL of this bullshit is happening because McCain is up on stage day in and day out inciting crowds into angry, scared voters off of strawman ignorant and untruthful sayings.

Here, watch Biden handle some of the bullshit that is the GOP talking points:
http://www.wftv.com/video/17790025/index.html

wow Barbara West sounded like Sarah Palin wrote those questions. They sounded pretty ridiculous when confronted with logic and tact.

Um, excuse me? Apart from the possibility that there are still a bunch of people out there that still think it's true why does Obama lose anything here?

I think it does hurt the image of his campaign when someone hates you so much that they disfigure themselves.... even if it is because she is less balanced. It still doesn't look good.

You tell me how it makes Obama look GOOD.

I think it does hurt the image of his campaign when someone hates you so much that they disfigure themselves.... even if it is because she is less balanced. It still doesn't look good.

I don't think the criminal actions of a member of "Nutjobs for McCain" has any effect whatsoever on Obama's image.

I don't think the criminal actions of a member of "Nutjobs for McCain" has any effect whatsoever on Obama's image.

And you're obviously entitled to that opinion.

You probably believe in the any publicity is good publicity view of the media too. But personally I think negative publicity is bad and not that this was in any way designed or manipulated by Obama... a person hating you so much that she disfigures herself?! WTF! How many people carved big giant "W"'s on their face with their "hate" for Bush?

And you're obviously entitled to that opinion.

You probably believe in the any publicity is good publicity view of the media too. But personally I think negative publicity is bad and not that this was in any way designed or manipulated by Obama... a person hating you so much that she disfigures herself?! WTF! How many people carved big giant "W"'s on their face with their "hate" for Bush?

You are entitled to your opinion too.

I think the damage done was not by the girl, who is clearly in need of treatment, but by the right wing bigots who immediately used the story to score political points, BEFORE any actual facts had been established.

I don't think it makes him look good or bad. The only impression I've gotten from this story is that that young woman has some serious problems (and she needs to do some time in jail to think about what she did, just as the "black man" would have done if he had really assaulted her).

But geez, why do some of you people hate Obama so much that you're still trying to turn this into something negative against him? If anything, it's negative against McCain, but I won't even make that distinction because I don't think that McCain had anything to do with this.

And let me ask you: If the story had turned out to be true, would you be saying that it makes McCain look bad that someone hates him so much that they'd beat up a young woman and carve a "B" into her face?

Yeah your using logic to explain this chics actions...

disfigure is a little extreme choice of words. Its a scratch, the kind of raised marks you get from say a dogs claw when they jump up and greet you.

I don't think there many people with the exception of the thread starter who thinks that this is in any way a negative thing for Obama. ... especially given the outcome.

Clearly the racially motivated spirit of this incident doesn't emote anything but bigotry and stupidity and more folks will associate with the other campaign.

Where does the buck stop? AT THE TOP.

And kallend, by implying that this really has anything to do with McCain, you're being just as bad as MikeForsythe for starting this thread.

McCain IS responsible for the actions of senior people in his campaign.

Ummm... Are you intentionally ignoring the counter "satire" thread that someone from the "Obama camp" started? Oh... right. That's ok cuz it was [sarcasm]sarcasm[/sarcasm]

What satire thread? And check out post #78 in this thread that I made. McCain's Pennsylvania communications director IS part of the McCain camp. Not only is PA a swing state, the McCain camp has identified it as THE must win for this election but Obama has nearly a 7 point lead there. They are DESPERATE to get a win in PA no matter the cost.

And there are far more conservatives in the world outside of SC that made me dreadfully ashamed to know them over the last 24 hours.

You should also listen to Karl Rove. He has been banging the drums all week that a race riot is going to happen on Nov 4th because "African Americans in Chicago, Philly, Oakland, etc" have done so before for sports so that makes it easy to see that it will happen for Obama win or lose. Then switch over to Hannity and he is spewing the same racist garbage. The top mouth pieces for the conservative party are trying to promote mob action, much like they were trying to do in Denver for the DNC. It's disgusting.

Hell I said it a long time ago.:P

I know what happened back in the 90's it was a disgusting display of human trash doing what they know best.

ALL of this bullshit is happening because McCain is up on stage day in and day out inciting crowds into angry, scared voters off of strawman ignorant and untruthful sayings.

Here, watch Biden handle some of the bullshit that is the GOP talking points:
http://www.wftv.com/video/17790025/index.html

wow Barbara West sounded like Sarah Palin wrote those questions. They sounded pretty ridiculous when confronted with logic and tact.

It's because they are ridiculous

Does the KKK hurt the image of black people?

You obviously don't understand my point. I don't think it makes Obama look anything. Why would it? He's just an innocent bystander.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Are you serious? How on earth is one woman's mental illness + racism + strong party affiliation a poor reflection on Barack Obama's character?

And as regards Bush, well maybe people didn't scratch themselves and then lie about it. But millions did protest against him and burn effgies of him (around the world) of course global demonstrations as "it didn't happen in the US" do not count as evidence of dislike of character. However, one nutcase seeking publicity... well clearly someone hates him sooo much that its irrevocable proof against his character. please.